Weakness is strength??

All humans are selfish. Buddhists are human just like everyone else. I don’t see them as any more or less selfish.

How does “your stuff” move beyond selfishness?

pilgrim-seeker_tom

So sorry to have disappointed you. C’est dommage. What can I say - I am like the ocean. I ebb and I flow.

I would not say most. But I have also made a comment here and there about the sad state of affairs at times of the posters’ postings ~ in my own words.

I might have in those moments actually admonished myself in the way in which I shall now admonish you:

“Do not see the beam in others’ eyes, PST, until you can see it in your own”.

[Soliloquy] That goes for you, too, Arc.

You, PST, just have a more subtle sly way of doing it albeit your hissing and claws are there too.

Then be a part of the solution, not the problem.

Weakness, in and of itself, is not strength but it does have the potential to change/transform itself when certain catalysts appear and act upon it.

Then again, what we may assume/presume or intuit as being weakness, may be nothing more than our own projection and/or lack of seeing things as they really are. Appearances can be quite deceiving.

Since this thread has become a bit like a farce to me (only my opinion) and more toxic than I would wish to encounter, I am going to bow out of it.

[b]

[/b]

A facade of you participated in this OP though you were never really in it. :slight_smile:

Phyllo … my language is clumsy … really clumsy :slight_smile:

I have some “stuff” inside that I’m trying to get out by reducing it to words … the “stuff” I’m talking about may or may not have any merit/value.

I don’t see it as “my stuff”. :slight_smile:

It mostly deals with identifying and eliminating suffering. Is that bad?

You have assembled a philosophy based on your personal experiences - Canada, China, Christianity, Tao, Buddhism, etc, etc - so it’s “your stuff” now.

Language … can’t find the smile for “sigh” :slight_smile:

My experiences are not “my experiences” … ownership rests with the Author of my experiences. :slight_smile:

Childbirth doesn’t change, only how you view it changes.

Christianity isn’t much different in that respect. Nor are some major philosophy schools.

What do you own? Nothing?

Phyllo … do all educated people feel that mathematics is an important guide to the understanding of human life … ergo … consciousness?

I have always enjoyed simple math … don’t have the brains for the more complex math.

Let me apply my simple math skills to religions …

Numbers testify to the “merit” in current world religions:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r … opulations

IMO … the author of the stats doesn’t understand Chinese Religion … not surprising the author is likely a Western individual and few if any Westerners truly understand Chinese thought,

[b]

[/b]

Only what I can take with me to my grave. :slight_smile:

Phyllo … I’m going for my morning walk … I hope you have the time … and interest … to continue our meaningful digital conversation a bit more today,

That would seem to include experiences. :-"

Wow! that’s deep Phyllo … as in still waters run deep.

Reads like you embrace the notion we retain individual consciousness after the death of our vessel.

Phyllo … a few examples of how my mind cogitates … sometimes … while walking.

1. My first thought as I inhaled the fresh crisp morning air … "Phyllo’s flashlight is working pretty good … he must have found durable batteries. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on this morning’s experience(s). I woke up to our rather noisy rooster announcing the dawn of a new day. Being the victim of habit that I am … I made my instant coffee, went out for a smoke came back sat on the sofa and fired up my old lap top. I was shocked to learn it was only 3:00AM :astonished: I’ve had similar experiences … they always remind me of the Biblical Samuel

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on why I included the adjective “meaningful” as in continue our meaningful digital conversation. Here’s what popped into my head:

a) To piss off Arc and Aaron. I’m only kidding … really. :slight_smile: OK … so I’m not only kidding … at some level of my being I’m sincere. Though our being has many layers and I don’t want to dwell on the primordial level. Yet another dig at Arc and Aaron? … a manifestation of the “slyness” Arc accused me of in her last post? I don’t know … What is written … is written. :slight_smile:

b) Our digital conversation feels spontaneous … you make comments and ask questions … I make comments and ask questions. The time lag between posts is short enough.

You’re likely bored so I’ll stop here. :slight_smile:

I have no idea how this relates to the previous posts. :confused:

That’s one way to interpret it.

Another way is that you are the product of your experiences and you remember your experiences until you die - then it’s all gone. :-k

Phyllo … people who engage in discussion of the unknown … that which cannot be known with any degree of certainty … are literally walking in the dark. I’m amused … in a positive way … that you still want to have your flash lite in hand. :slight_smile: Here’s the relationships as I see it:

1. People who walk in the dark without a flash lite often use there hands to feel for something familiar … something that provides even a little of comfort from the darkness. Referring to stuff we know is a touch stone of sorts.

2. Religions have been a substantial element of our conversation.

3. Statistical mathematics has proven to be quite useful in some circumstances. The numbers suggest Buddhism … while 2,500 years old is not in the top three world religions … missing by a long shot … despite being in China for more than 1,500 years.

It’s an instance of thinking about the possibilities without committing to any one in particular.

=D> =D>

Yet another illustration of your superior wisdom Phyllo … all at the appointed time eh!