Weakness is strength??

Constipation of consciousness?? :slight_smile:

Phyllo … I prefer your posts … they seem genuinely spontaneous. Some other people who respond to my posts seem to plug my comments into their AI algorithms and poke around for an appropriate response.

[b]

[/b]

Phyllo … your comment is swimming around in my head … and I can’t swim. :slight_smile:

I’m with you if destiny is defined as a pre written script that we simply act out in our lifetime. May be true yet for me it’s incredible as well.

What if destiny is intended to simply say … another shot at realizing one’s potential … with infinite possibilities waiting for us to bring them to life as we wander through the darkness.?

Well, you said that it is in effect 'pre-written" :

“2) C represents the totality of my potential … it being constant across time and space … ergo an unlimited number of lifetimes.”

Chopping up the time, to get to totality, into lifetimes is really no different than chopping up one life into years and months until a destiny is fulfilled.

I think that personal potential is always in flux, changing with every event that comes our way and with every decision we make. Thus we create our own destinies.

All humans are selfish. Buddhists are human just like everyone else. I don’t see them as any more or less selfish.

How does “your stuff” move beyond selfishness?

pilgrim-seeker_tom

So sorry to have disappointed you. C’est dommage. What can I say - I am like the ocean. I ebb and I flow.

I would not say most. But I have also made a comment here and there about the sad state of affairs at times of the posters’ postings ~ in my own words.

I might have in those moments actually admonished myself in the way in which I shall now admonish you:

“Do not see the beam in others’ eyes, PST, until you can see it in your own”.

[Soliloquy] That goes for you, too, Arc.

You, PST, just have a more subtle sly way of doing it albeit your hissing and claws are there too.

Then be a part of the solution, not the problem.

Weakness, in and of itself, is not strength but it does have the potential to change/transform itself when certain catalysts appear and act upon it.

Then again, what we may assume/presume or intuit as being weakness, may be nothing more than our own projection and/or lack of seeing things as they really are. Appearances can be quite deceiving.

Since this thread has become a bit like a farce to me (only my opinion) and more toxic than I would wish to encounter, I am going to bow out of it.

[b]

[/b]

A facade of you participated in this OP though you were never really in it. :slight_smile:

Phyllo … my language is clumsy … really clumsy :slight_smile:

I have some “stuff” inside that I’m trying to get out by reducing it to words … the “stuff” I’m talking about may or may not have any merit/value.

I don’t see it as “my stuff”. :slight_smile:

It mostly deals with identifying and eliminating suffering. Is that bad?

You have assembled a philosophy based on your personal experiences - Canada, China, Christianity, Tao, Buddhism, etc, etc - so it’s “your stuff” now.

Language … can’t find the smile for “sigh” :slight_smile:

My experiences are not “my experiences” … ownership rests with the Author of my experiences. :slight_smile:

Childbirth doesn’t change, only how you view it changes.

Christianity isn’t much different in that respect. Nor are some major philosophy schools.

What do you own? Nothing?

Phyllo … do all educated people feel that mathematics is an important guide to the understanding of human life … ergo … consciousness?

I have always enjoyed simple math … don’t have the brains for the more complex math.

Let me apply my simple math skills to religions …

Numbers testify to the “merit” in current world religions:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r … opulations

IMO … the author of the stats doesn’t understand Chinese Religion … not surprising the author is likely a Western individual and few if any Westerners truly understand Chinese thought,

[b]

[/b]

Only what I can take with me to my grave. :slight_smile:

Phyllo … I’m going for my morning walk … I hope you have the time … and interest … to continue our meaningful digital conversation a bit more today,

That would seem to include experiences. :-"

Wow! that’s deep Phyllo … as in still waters run deep.

Reads like you embrace the notion we retain individual consciousness after the death of our vessel.

Phyllo … a few examples of how my mind cogitates … sometimes … while walking.

1. My first thought as I inhaled the fresh crisp morning air … "Phyllo’s flashlight is working pretty good … he must have found durable batteries. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on this morning’s experience(s). I woke up to our rather noisy rooster announcing the dawn of a new day. Being the victim of habit that I am … I made my instant coffee, went out for a smoke came back sat on the sofa and fired up my old lap top. I was shocked to learn it was only 3:00AM :astonished: I’ve had similar experiences … they always remind me of the Biblical Samuel

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on why I included the adjective “meaningful” as in continue our meaningful digital conversation. Here’s what popped into my head:

a) To piss off Arc and Aaron. I’m only kidding … really. :slight_smile: OK … so I’m not only kidding … at some level of my being I’m sincere. Though our being has many layers and I don’t want to dwell on the primordial level. Yet another dig at Arc and Aaron? … a manifestation of the “slyness” Arc accused me of in her last post? I don’t know … What is written … is written. :slight_smile:

b) Our digital conversation feels spontaneous … you make comments and ask questions … I make comments and ask questions. The time lag between posts is short enough.

You’re likely bored so I’ll stop here. :slight_smile:

I have no idea how this relates to the previous posts. :confused:

That’s one way to interpret it.

Another way is that you are the product of your experiences and you remember your experiences until you die - then it’s all gone. :-k

Phyllo … people who engage in discussion of the unknown … that which cannot be known with any degree of certainty … are literally walking in the dark. I’m amused … in a positive way … that you still want to have your flash lite in hand. :slight_smile: Here’s the relationships as I see it:

1. People who walk in the dark without a flash lite often use there hands to feel for something familiar … something that provides even a little of comfort from the darkness. Referring to stuff we know is a touch stone of sorts.

2. Religions have been a substantial element of our conversation.

3. Statistical mathematics has proven to be quite useful in some circumstances. The numbers suggest Buddhism … while 2,500 years old is not in the top three world religions … missing by a long shot … despite being in China for more than 1,500 years.