name that tune...

female vocalist

[Harry] don’t break your promises…walking by the seine…strolling the [champes de lise]… pictures by the dirty [bank]…rushing through the metro…harry you give me harry don’t break your promises…

band

what i saw was a [black hand]…it was hanging there, a black hand…running down the street with the [ ] from hell…we came across a priest we knew not well…the price of glory…and the price on his head was a black hand…with a single stroke it would need more power than the holy ghost

band

Alice was a girl i knew…she’s gone she’s gone she’s gone…alice was a girl i knew…she’s dead she’s dead she’s dead…it doean’t change a thing

There’s an entirely ominous “song” I have on tape that renders this scene from Klute to music:

Peter: I have no idea what I’m going to do. I’m so deeply puzzled. I’ve done terrible things, I’ve killed three people. Really, I don’t consider myself a terrible man, no more than-than others. See, Tom Gruneman had discovered me. We were here on business together and he found me and Jane McKenna in my hotel room. She had become hysterical and she started screaming and I guess I hit her. I don’t actually recall, it all happened so quickly. Anyway, she fell and hit her head and that’s when Tom came in the room. I guess he must have heard her screaming. But I never understood really why she did that, she had never screamed before. And it was the revulsion and the contempt that I saw in his face. And the certainty that sooner or later he would use it against me within the company. And I tried to endure that as long as I possibly could, you see. You just want me to keep on talking, don’t you?
Bree: No, I don’t. I do understand, I really do.
Peter: Make a man think that he’s accepted. It’s all a great big game to you. I mean, you’re all obviously too lazy and too warped to do anything meaningful with your lives so you prey upon the sexual fantasies of others. I’m sure it comes as no great surprise to you when I say that there are little corners in everyone which were better off left alone; sicknesses, weaknesses, which–which should never be exposed. But that’s your stock in trade, isn’t it - a man’s weakness? And I was never really fully aware of mine until you brought them out.

gosh she’s gorgeous…like aphrodites…and ambrosia…jenny jenny jeny i have have her…out time is now…seconds later our love was made…before she could tell me about her age [or aids]…jenny jenny jenny i have to have her

I got one of every single man made thing in my junk yard…won’t you come inside our junkyard…come in and take a look around…now you see that piece over there…it’s some kind of modern art…you know I made it myself out of junk I took apart

female vocalist

the tie was warm around his neck…pulled tighter and tighter…until his feeble struggle was no more…he had bandages around his wrist…he had recently attempted suicide…nothing can touch you now [Stephen]…I have released you from your meaningless life…this was the [case]…the [face]…doctor john

Female…dreamy vocals…dreamy song

fight the wind with both your fists…you have to be there…have to hold them down…play that game boy…[frightened] girl…you have to be there…we can dream, or you can [ ]…the ice will drive you mad

We’ll carry on and [tame that mystery]…settle down…that’s the way it [ought] to be…an emergency for you and me…blow yourself away…i hear the voices just scremaing in my head…they say it’s over…it’s the end

another dreamy song, another dreamy female vocalist…

there was a moment that i felt your eyes burning bright …there’s just one question for you tonight…was it me that made you free…she said look at the way they smile…don’t you love them…i said well maybe not tonight…then i reach across the floor and take your hand…there was a window with ice so think i couldn’t see

married to a limousine…your car insurance has expired…man come down and take it away…to be butchered on your wedding day…on a dead bouquet…it’s your wedding day…god is not listening…I’m not speaking to him anyway…to be kidnapped on your wedding day.

this one sounds like a cross between david byrne and the B52s

female: mountain tall mountain wide…man is tall shoulder’s wide
male: me want berries from bushes
female: heads for the bushes
male: hungry
Female: berry bush…mouth open wide…man eats berries…man is calm
male: feel good inside
female: got a stomach full of berries…feels satisfied

industrial band

it’s a struggle for eternity…millions of men fight for their fatherland…medals of courage and honesty…time slips away like the time of day…it never ends…oh i don’t know…

blues song

you know that i would not drink no whiskey but i cannot help myself…for the woman i love is loving someone else…that’s why i keep on drinking trying to drive my blues away…when the sun don’t shine mama…that woman i love don’t pay me no mind…that keeps me messed up bothered and worried all the time…so i keep on drinking

lyrics are nearly unintelligible but over and over again someone is singing “name that sin”, so I am assuming that is the name of this song from the 1980s

name that sin…name that sin…before I catch my death…names upon the door of the ones that never rest…everything is stripped and torn and hidden the mines…name that sin

hypnotic trance like song…

a repetition of

leave your body…deeper deeper…what would you like to be most of all

I can only make out single words by and large: passion…fashion…distance…resistance

[ ] action…a future attraction…we’ve come too far…we can’t turn back…we must go on…always…we can’t turn back…always…we must go on…always…while we wait…we can’t turn back…no…we must go on…always

a really creepy song — meant to be ironic?

[b]life is so boring without war…why don’t people kill each other anymore…it would be fun to see someone die…and while they are lying on the floor i could kick them once or twice…I like the pretty mushroom when Hiroshima went up in smoke…and all the people screaming…you could hear them as they choke…little babies dying in their mother’s arms…they tried to run for cover but there was no place to hide…people were like candles melting in the sun and as they walked passed me they’d go out one by one…

…with these thoughts sticking in your mind…and I really hope they do…this song is just a warning of what could happen to me and you…and you…to us[/b]

open up your door and let me in…don’t you know…it’s a free country…isn’t it…its a free damn country isn’t it…i don’t know much more…but i know it’s a free country…isn’t it…i don’t know what’s wrong but it’s a free damn country…isn’t it…

[b]everytime i go to town, the boys start kicking my dog around…and everytime i go to sleep, he wakes me up with this crazy speech…

I’ve got devils living in my head, scaring me out of my own bed…i’ve got 40 acres and i got a mule…i got a wife who’s the devils tool

frightens me and I can’t forget…i break out in a cold sweat…next time you say those wicked words, i’m gonna let out a scream like you never heard[/b]