What are you doing? (Part 1)

Laying around in perspiration, got a summons for jury duty all next week, they reminding me I didn’t show last year.Then heard Obama was called also, well I must go, after all.

Why are you laying in a bed covered in weeks-old dog hair? Like you’re covered in it? Or the bed?

Once a week, occasionally twice, I work a 13-15 hour day. For some reason, every single time I have a long day coming, I can’t sleep the night before. Today is my 13 hours, and so naturally I only got 2 hours of sleep last night. Hour 11 just began, and I’m so tired right now it’s physically painful. Coffee and tea have helped me make it this far, but I think the rest of it is going to be sheer willpower and a refusal to stop moving. Woo.

Cigars, bananas and chocolate downtown with surreptitious betrothed, Gauloises eat your heart out, real fat Aussies FTW.

Take a banana and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it and wrap it in foil and stick it in the fridge, then go back later and it’s like ice cream except not as bad for you.

Page 420.

Indeed.

Hiding.

There’s a massive storm just above me and I’m terrified. :laughing:

Getting bombarded with rocks of hail that are about to smash the windows and the rain is coming in on such an sharp angle against the glass, it sounds as though the rain would slice you open if the windows gave way.

I might have to unplug the main computer and take it downstairs in case the roof caves in… #-o

I tell you, these tropical storms are something else. It just depends on how long they stay around. The storms up here feel as though they’re right above you. The crash of the thunder is almost deafening. I have to plug my ears or it feels my ear drums will shatter. The lightening is spectacular though. Just constant flashes and explosions. For a second or two, it’s almost like daytime. The house is rumbling and the ground shaking. Tree branches are crashing onto the roof. My poor birds…

The last massive storm we had up here was about 5 years ago. It didn’t stop teaming with rain for nearly two months. I’d never seen it rain that hard in my entire life and it went on for day after day after day. It was as though the house was sitting under a waterfall - no let up, just constant 100% waterfall. You could hardly see further than a couple of feet in front of you. I was locked away from everyone for ages but I kinda liked it. It was like living alone in the tropical jungle. Scary but exciting. Nobody to rely on but yourself.

This one aint anywhere near as bad - so long as a tree doesn’t come through the roof or hail smashes through the windows, I’ll be fine… [-o<

I think a dude around here posted a video after the last big storm. If I find it, I’ll post it here.

…2 months… of rain… are the houses there on those stilts, engineered so, for such occasions as that?

Stay safe ChakraS.S.

Please do.
Reposting your post in my pagan thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=190163&p=2684789#p2684789

Creating enough energy to fool my body into feeling like I got enough sleep using coffee and a bit of food. Another 13 hour day, another sleepless night last night.

Do you smoke enough weed? Im worried.

Definitely not.

Thanks magsj. I survived :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope. They’re not engineered for that amount of rain. That was a freak low pressure system that just sat over the area for about a month before s-l-o-w-l-y moving away. I wasn’t worried about the foundation and piers holding up. My house was well-jammed into the side of the hill. I was more worried about the side of the hill shearing off and taking the foundations (and me) with it.

Yes, the houses around here are built off ground – even if only a foot or two – to allow water, air and animals to pass under but usually it rains at night and the days are sunny throughout most of the year. That’s one of the reasons I moved here.

BTW, how’s your health been?

Haha!! I got reposted in your Pagan Thread? – well, it sure felt like the gods battling it out last night. Thanks Fixed.

I found the video taken by a local who filmed the aftermath of the last big storm. It’s 15 mins long so I added some music and a few photos at the end to fill out the music track. If I had time, I would have stabilized the video and fixed the exposure but it’s good enough for what I wanted to show.

This video shows the road going out of the valley towards the town and sea. The music was written and performed by Nick Cave and/or Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. (I should have asked the local dude and Nick Cave for permission but it’s just for ILP so I hope it’s not a problem. Please don’t repost the vid so it stays buried here and keeps me out of trouble. [-o< )

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1cZJ0anzQ[/youtube]

JSS has rubbed off on me…I’m becoming a language stickler. #-o How’d that happen? :confused:

lol

Chakra, loved your vid and the sound track.

Reminds me of this poem

youtu.be/FTKYr7hVmg4

“Core of my heart my country”.

Taking part in Trump’s “National Day For The Victims Of Communism” .

Christmas shopping online