Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Wow! Nice outfits, gib.

The kids look awesome. You have a girl and a boy, right?
Which is which and what ages are they?
I guess you hired the kids outfits? I can’t imagine anyone making all that for one Halloween.

Looks like a lot of fun Gib. =D> Now tell me you defied the statistics and didn’t eat half of your kids candy bars. [-X

The difference between the age of the two kids seems to be only about one year. :slight_smile:

It reminds me of the fact that the difference between one of my brothers’ age and my age is one year.

bmjmh.jpg

Nope, bought them. And they’re REALLY cheap! Not just price-wise. The left knee pad on my son’s DV costume was sown on backwards. So he had the knee pad on the front on the right but behind the knee on the left. :doh: Luckily, the material is sticky enough for us to twist the left leg around and bring the knee pad to the front.

My daughter’s the storm trooper doing the bad-ass pose. Normally, as a parent, I’m supposed to discourage attitude in my children, but I can’t help it. I love that she’s developing a sort of “bad ass” attitude. I just remind her not to be rude or insulting to people. She’s only 9 but she’s already acting like a teen. She calls her younger brother ‘bro’, and I overheard her doing facetime with her friend the other day saying “…that’s so dope!” She’s starting to remind me of Summer Smith.

I think it’s a result of moving into Piaget’s concrete operational stage of cognitive development.

Well, since I dropped them off at their mother’s afterwards, I didn’t really get a chance to. Can’t speak for their mother though. But I did go home and opened the box of Halloween candy I bought and had a few. :smiley:

Your playing hard to get with the camera was adorable. Too cute!

What do you mean exactly?

You don’t see your 'lil self staring down the camera with the, “I’m not playing along with this staged photo because I’d rather be reading an advanced chemistry book, so hurry up and take the picture, I have research to get back to?” :evilfun: Do you smile for pictures now?

I can’t!
Or, wait.
Is there a little smile?

_.jpg

Well, at least you still have wishful thinking. :wink:

The following photo I posted once shows my daughter:

L_.jpg
Smile?

They’re actually 2 1/2 years apart. My daughter’s short for her age.

She’s adorable!

I had no idea you had a daughter, Arminius.

Yes, she is. Thanks, Gib.

I have a son and a daughter. In addition, I have a stepson.

I am very happy.

Aw, I agree with gib. She does take after her Daddy it seems.

Yes, she does, Wendy Darling. Thanks.

Maybe that there are other reasons too why love evolved (if it did at all [because: perhaps love was, is and will always be there]), but this one belongs to them - in any case.

[tab]By the way:

My children are adults now. If they were not, I would not publish any photo of them.

My first child was born when I was 21½ years old.[/tab]

I think that love evolved (if we can use that word) as a way to not only perpetuate the human species but to save it.
There are different forms of love. I think that love is like the ocean, it ebbs and it flows

Your daughter was beautiful. It also says something about you that you would not insert your children online when they are young. I can never understand the human’s need to show off their children rather than to protect them.

You are also loyal to your friends I have found.

Thank you very much.

You are right.

The evolution (if we can use that word) of love is not only a way to perpetuate the human species but also to save it. We can observe this process in those families where parents protect their children as much as it is necessary for the children’s development.

Love is needed for both phylogenesis and ontogenesis. Without love there is no evolution, at least not for "higher“ living beings. The "higher“ the living beings are, the more love they need.

Here on ILP are many (too many?) members who are saying that the will to power is the only aspect when it comes to evolution; but that is only one side of the evolutionary "coin“, the other one is the will to love.

We should have both a realistic and an idealistic interpretation of evolution. Power is always present, but love is not. So, it is more necessary to support, to demand, to premote love. How should we do this? - [1] By practising love; [2] by enlighten others and clarifying what love means; (3) by fighting all enemies of love (how? => [1] and [2]).

You can find the most lack of love in materialistic/hedonistic times where the individual coolness is a fashion and mostly nothing else than hidden weakness because of the lack of love.

Why do you consider power and love to be antagonistic?

You were a handsome little boy.
Was that really a smile? More like an “I dare you” kind of look.
Intense and precocious though I may be wrong.

Thanks.

A little smile only. :slight_smile:

Perhaps, perhaps not. I abstain from such a judgement. May others judge whether I was precocious or not. :slight_smile:

I have never considered power and love to be antagonistic.

This is what I have said:

No consideration of antagonism between power and love!

Loveable people can be powerful, powerful people can be loveable.

But there are many (too many?) people who have diceded upon only one of the two .