Anyone have Zoot Allures Name, Prison Number, Prison?

Please delete my last message. The one 2 messages above this 1.

I’m pretty sure he can’t post here anymore, since minors can post here and he can’t post where minors can legally post.

So, how can I get in touch with him online? I don’t think he uses his old email address anymore.

That may not be such a bad thing. I was always worried about my inner child when he was around. 8-[

I wasn’t worried about mine, but then again… I am becoming ancient. :laughing:

Zoots release date is 01/24/2018 according to the Virginia Department of Corrections website.

Thanks!

Tomorrow.

Then what?

Ok thats good news.
Pezer and I were going to pick him up and all that we thought but things went the other way. An other way.
Anyway I hope he shows up online. And he should write a book now, for real.

Being In Prison Under Trump
Regardless of what it is about so it sells.
Free advice
invite me for champagne on the jet later

Sneak philosophy into the public discourse.

Anyway someone a few years back said that Zoots prison writings were book-worthy, and then Zoot figured it for a joke.
I don’t know why.

I don’t think I know of a single novel or book that is truly about prison. And yet imprisonment is a pretty default condition.

For the record: Lampert did agree. Also, I don’t think Socrates believed in the Platonic Ideas, and I’m pretty sure Lampert doesn’t, either.

MS
Why don’t you start a current Zoot thread for his most recent thoughts to strike up conversations in if that is the purpose of these quotes.

I wrote you a letter, Zoot, that was supposed to be forwarded through Phoneutria (she thanked me for the receipt of it), but either A) it wasn’t forwarded or B) it was that forgettable. #-o

:laughing:

Awww Wendy, B) sounds awful… let’s hope it’s not B).

Those who didn’t write, would continually send salutations and etc. which Phon passed on to Zoot… but I guess it’s not as memorable as letters.

He asked me to post those messages in this thread. I’ll ask him what he thinks of creating a separate thread for them.

If I understood correctly, he only got to read those messages after he got out.

Just out of curiosity…

Why is he asking you to post them here instead of posting them himself?

He’s not, except that’s only the exoteric message of the Meno. Finding its esoteric message would require close examination of the Greek text(s). Strauss held lecture courses on it and probably also wrote about it, but he himself spoke and wrote exoterically, so reading his writings and lecture transcripts would only make the task so much easier.

Again, I’m not so sure that Plato was “confused” or didn’t know what “he could only mean”. Anyway, I guess I agree with the gist of this (though as Nietzsche says in BGE 32 one may also judge actions, not by their consequences or the intentions behind them, but by what’s unintentional about them). However, I think it doesn’t get us anywhere, since there are then only right actions or no actions. Now in my “Nature and God are History” OP, I made the following suggestion:

“What morality, then, can be based on all this? To be as noble as nature, we have to be indifferent as to the direction of obedience; the old custom, religion, laws, state is nobler than the young, as long as it endures.”

This suggests that “wrong” does mean “what is considered disobedience to laws or mores or codes of conduct”… I’ve explored this idea further in my "Insightful analysis of Dawn 113 thread:

“With this, we arrive at the book’s fundamental idea, that moral goodness is only obedience to custom (aphorism 9). And we may consider obedience to custom natural, no matter how ‘unnatural’, how arbitrary a custom it is: after all, we can conceive of physical laws as laws that are always obeyed and hence completely natural (=physical). […] Nature is beautiful and good and just because it obeys[.]”

Compare my “Nietzschean Feminism” OP, though:

“The only true source of morality is human will. Acknowledge this, affirm this, will this, and you’re on my side. Deny this, and you deserve to succumb to Islam or the like. At least Islam is a more consistent form of that denial. (The most consistent form is tribalism, e.g. pre-Babylonian Captivity Judaism. A return to that would be my second choice, after the Nietzschean enlightenment.)”