Should a good Christian overthrown God?

They are what they are.

I would not say I like them.

I would say I fell sorry for such minds. They are a disgrace to the human race.

Regards
DL

Perhaps my farewell was premature. It seems all too convenient that a thread that appears as an attack on a certain type of Christian fundamentalism should advocate GIA’s version of Gnosticism. It seemed inconvenient for AUOS to explain to us–

1. Who is this enthroned deity, and how did he become enthroned?
  2. How or in what way is this ruling deity anything like Kim Jong Un?
    3, How is this deity in any way responsible for what his followers do or say?

God is the worlds most brutal terrorist, and the world’s most fearsome dictator.

God is so savage he makes Osama Bin Laden look like a goodie-two shoes.

He talks about Christians but his only reference is to the Old Testament. You know that’s a routine atheist attack.

What God do you have in mind?
Should be world’s both times used. :stuck_out_tongue:

The human mind is the world’s most brutal terrorist and the world’s most fearsome dictator. The mind is also our last, best hope to save ourselves from ourselves.

Our own minds are our last, best hope for peace. And the greatest instigator of war.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtrUhIuEqdY[/youtube]

Amen!

What is a AUOS?

Who said there was an enthroned deity?

Regards
DL

Indeed. If real, he would be condemned by all moral people.

Strange how such a God can be adored by so many who do not seem to have a moral sense.

Perhaps that is why whenever I try to get theists to look at Yahweh’s morals, they always run away singing —

youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo[/youtube]

Regards
DL

Untrue.

youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ[/youtube]

Jesus’ substitutionary atonement and no divorce for women policies are quite immoral as well.

Care to engage in a discussion on the lack of morality in religious moral tenets?

Regards
DL

No moral system is going to please everyone. There will always be somebody who says that it ought to be different. It’s not limited to the moral systems described by religions.

True, but few of us think that good morals can be attributed to a genocidal son murdering God or a Rome created pacifist and Roman ass kissing Jesus.

Good of you not to want to defend Christian morality. I would have wiped the floor with you.

Most Christians know that and that is why you see them run from such discussions.

They know, as John Lennon said, that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL

If I was to get involved in such a discussion with you, then it would have to amount to more than you just saying that your morals are superior to some other morals.

You brought up divorce so let’s use that as an example. You say that divorce is moral and someone says that it’s immoral. Do you have any reasoning to support your claim?

(And I’m not interested in watching YouTube videos, so use your own words, please)

Question. Why do Gnostic Christians call themselves Christians if they hate Christ?

Still no words from AUOS (above us only sky). Isn’t this his/her thread?
Most progressive Christians will find the morality of God/Jesus as espoused by their fundamentalist counterparts immoral. So what?

Are you’re making a distinction between “the morality of God/Jesus” and “the morality of God/Jesus as espoused by their fundamentalist counterparts”.
If so, what is it?

I am happy to put an argument for my position.

Divorce is a remedy offered to those who are not happy with their mates for reasons that could include anything from abuse to just living in loveless situations. All have a right and duty to themselves to seek loving relationships.

To deny anyone the right to seek a loving relationship and life partner is immoral.

I await your argument for a no-divorce policy.

Regards
DL

Yes. The latter believes in a literal hell. a place of eternal punishment, while the former admits the possibility of universal reconciliation with God. Universal salvation of human souls makes God not a loser to some mythical Satan. As the fundies would have it, 99% of the human race is doomed to suffer forever in horrific torment.
But this is an aside. Where is the writer of the OP?

Hate Christ??

We follow the teaching of Christ and strive to activate our Christ minds. Christians call it a rebirth, Gnostic Christians call it more like growing up.

I often quote these as a main part of seeking apotheosis via Gnosis.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Note the following that has Jesus speaking to those who are Christians when they did not do the work to elevate themselves to Gnostic Christians.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Gnostic Christians follow the Jesus that frees us from organized religions and puts us where he says we should be. The light of the world and free from corrupted organized religions.

How deep is that corruption? The bible tells us with the quotes above as well as others.

Isaiah 56:11) “They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one” But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, “you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked” (Malachi 3:18)

Regards
DL