What's for dinner?

Iā€™m calling bullshit. =; If you were poor, it would be beans and rice, no chicken. Meat is too expensive for poor people. Spices? Well, maybe a little bit of onion or garden grown garlic, but spices? Poor people donā€™t got no spices.

Ha! Our household could never be vegetarian, Joker has to eat meat, itā€™s an imperative.(crossing myself Hope Trixie doesnā€™t get set off by this fact.)

We, the downtrodden, we got our ways, the super cheap spice rack at Dollar General Stores and Big Lots Storesā€¦almost forgot Family Dollar Stores. Even our Good Will store has a spice rackā€¦so :dance:

You, elitists, canā€™t make us suffer completely! :evilfun:

More bullshit. =; Those so called cheap spices are worthless. I know, I bought some at the dollar store. They were stale with no flavor. They were floor sweepings or plain old dirt. Iā€™m poor,so I had to save up for three months to buy good spices. :cry:

Joker doesnā€™t have to have meat. You canā€™t be a martyr and chow down on meat. Martyrs are supposed to suffer so get busy suffering. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll send the violent meat deprived Joker to your place for eatsā€¦save upā€¦heā€™s got a rather healthy appetite. :wink:

Now what are you cooking for dinner with your pricey spices?

Iā€™m having prime rib cooked in my sous vide machine. I used a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a rub along with salt and pepper. As soon as the timer says done, Iā€™ll sear the meat on the grill and serve with pearl cous cous and shallots as a side dish. Dessert will be a small creme brulee with fresh blue berries. I havenā€™t decided on the wine yet, but I have several bottles in the cooler. :smiley:

Being poor is really hardā€¦

You must throw fantastic dinner parties, Tent. :neutral_face:

If Joker and I crash at your place Tent, we can save a fortune and become humbly rich too in no time. Iā€™ll start local, in your locale, just like you suggested. You take us in, a small local change with a huge impact. :evilfun: :laughing:

Just a couple of summertime deck parties. Itā€™s the only time I have friends - I think theyā€™re friends. Nothing fantastic, Iā€™m too poor for that. Just a teensy bit of extravagance once in awhile.

Oh yeah, huge impact alright. We squabble enough right here. I donā€™t need that on my doorstep every day. Nope. The no vacancy sign is out. But if you would practice what Iā€™ve been preaching, your life would become a bed of roses. Trust meā€¦ :evilfun:

What have you been preaching that I can practice to live in a bed of roses?

Uhhhhā€¦ I donā€™t think Iā€™ll go there but maybe a little more advice? Save those pennies and nickels for awhile and get some nice dark chocolate candy. I hear it does wonders for the disposition. :-" Or, scrounging a little money here and there would allow you to accumulate some decent flavorful spices. I dunno, this thread is about making dinner soā€¦

I do have a recipe for a delicious salad with rose and assorted flower petals as garnish. Eating flowers isnā€™t for everyone, but it might be considered a bed of roses?

#-o Only elitists use garnishes.

I had a beef shoulder, some duck, some beignets, and a beef fat candle for dinner last night. Iā€™ll post pics later. The shit was delicious.

Topping piled high on homemade pizzas.

Some duck, beef shoulder, and beignets.

Beef fat candle. Crazy appetizer.

I garnish everything.

Even your garnishes? And yeah, like I said, that beef candle looks obscene and delicious.

Even my garnishes.

Garnish-ception.

Tonight I had McDonalds for dinner. Big Mac and fries. Not great, certainly not healthy, but fast and hot, just the way I like it.