Does one need education in order to be an intellect?

These days, I think that the schools are intended to damage the intelligence of people. I have a fundamental question: does one need education in order to be an intellect?

No, but it sure helps.

And there is also a difference between self-education, informal education and formal education.

Formal education = you go to into a system of schools to learn

Informal education = you go to a ‘master’ who helps you and guides you

Self-education = you do it on your own using books, personal observations, ad-hoc experiments

Realistically, one has to use all three forms of education.

One can be educated and non intellectual or non educated and intellectual and so one does
not need education to be an intellectual although most intellectuals are probably educated

You are right.

Two points are important here:

(1) Schools as an institution of a state do what the government wants them to do.
(2) If the economic and - in particular (!) - the demographic situation is like the one we have in our western countries, then the average intelligence decreases and even a teacher who does not go along with the mainstream has to damage the intelligence, otherwise the colleagues will punish this teacher by mobbing and firing.

I would like to answer the question whether one needs education.

This answer depends on whether one means (A) the education as such or (B) the school education which is basically a state education.

(A) If the education as such is meant, then: yes, one needs education.
(B) If the school education which is basically a state education is meant, then: yes (Ba) and no (Bb). (Ba) Yes because of those who are genetically less intelligent and can use the school education as a chance to become more intelligent.
(Bb) No because of a situation like the described one (=> 2).

By the way, Stellamonika, may I ask you a question?

If yes: Do you really live in Tiruchirappalli?

[tab][/tab]
Tiruchirappalli is on the one side of the Kaveri River and the temple town Srirangam on the other. Both are certainly interesting places. I should visit them. :slight_smile:

Yes, one needs an education to be intellectual, but not a computer programmed education where the computer does one’s thinking for them, especially in school systems.

Yes, I am from Tiruchirappalli and I live Tiruchirappalli, Chinthamani. My name is not stellamonika. I just used it as screen name. You are most welcome to Tiruchirappalli. I invite you to be in Trichy. My real name is sivashanmugam. just dial +919444499818 before coming here. I will pick you up.
quora.com/profile/Tiruchira … ashanmugam

So sweet. :stuck_out_tongue: Send me a postcard Arminius.

Great. Thank you, Stellamonika. That is very kind of you. :slight_smile:

In a few hours I am going to start spending my holidays in Spain (9/27-10/11). So, first of all, I have to wait till the next holidays (in the full sense of that word).

:laughing:

In that case, I need your postal address, Wendy Darling. You may send it to me via private message. Thank you.

Now, I am preparing for my current holidays in Spain. Do you want me to send you a postcard from Spain too?

Or is Spain too uncool? :sunglasses: