100th Anniversary of the Fatima Events 1917

IMO … yes. The common denominator is they all believe in somethang superior to an ordinary human being.

“everything is in motion, moving and influencing into the future”

I just recently learned just how much motion … moving.

The planet … ergo: humanity … spins at 0.2777 kilometres per second … the planet travels around the sun at 30 kilometres per second.

How far have you ‘traveled’ in your lifetime?

Naming conventions create confusion and conflict. For me, one thang is certain … whatever superiority this somethang has over the ordinary human being … it wants to share it.

ok ok i’ll stop saying thang :stuck_out_tongue:

June 13, 2017

Today is the 100th anniversary of the second Fatima event. The characters and location of the story remain the same. Though the second event has a small audience … about 50 curious folks. The story is picking up momentum … albeit slowly.
The Fatima story is of interest to Roman Catholics only? … maybe yes and maybe no.

How so?

The location of the events … the closest village being Fatima, Portugal. What is significant about the name Fatima? Potentially … lots!

The Father of Islamism is the Prophet Mohammed and his only biological daughter … only biological child that survived childhood was named Fatima. Some say his daughter was instrumental in his spiritual journey.

Why would a Western country like Portugal have a village with the Arabic name Fatima?

Much of the Iberian Peninsula which includes Portugal and Spain was under Arab/Muslim/Islamic rule from 711 AD until 1492 … 1249 for Portugal.

Some interesting facts concerning the Moors in Spain and Portugal during this period:

blackhistorystudies.com/reso … -in-spain/

Reading the above information triggered an interest in the words “Arabic numerals”. What are “Arabic numerals”?

Wikipedia:
[b]

[/b]

Arabic numerals used throughout the world. Hmmm!

The Fatima events … for me at least … in particular the context … the name of the geographical location where the events took place … have a connection … albeit faint connection at the moment … to anyone using Arabic numbers.

Four months to go … until Friday October 13, 2017!

Today is the 100th anniversary of the third event of Fatima.

The characters in the story remain the same … the audience has grown considerably … from about 50 on June 13th to several thousand on July 13th.

Children of Fatima.jpg

A female entity communicating incredibly complex stuff to 3 illiterate peasant children … seems absolutely anathema to mainstream culture … all mainstream cultures.

A group dominated by females … only the oldest child … one of the girls would survive the events … the younger boy and girl died within a year or so of the events … and the oldest girl lived to age 97.

If the Fatima events are a harbinger … seems logical the “something” will be anathema to what we know and accept as inevitable.

August 13, 2017
Today marks the 100th anniversary of the fourth event in the 1917 Fatima story.
What happened?
The audience was much larger with estimates of 18-20,000 people at the Cova da Iria … the story is obviously gaining momemtum … without the assistance of today’s social media technologies.
The principal characters of the story … the three illiterate peasant children … were a no show. Without the children present there is no way to know if the female entity was present. Her presence … absense … is only confirmed through the mouths of the children … at this stage in the story.
The first three events went off like clock work … in both time and place. The first event of the second half of the story … hiccup!
One might conclude from this that the female entity … the alien … lacks the capacity … the power … to control human affairs. Evidenced by the ‘no show’ of the three children. Why the children were absent is irrelevant.
Another might argue that the "no show’ symbolizes human resistance. Seems at times human resistance validates … authenticates … a “somethang”. Perhaps there’s a mathematical relationship between the level of resistance and the “potential” in the “somethang”.
The resistance failed to arrest the unfolding of the Fatima story … which in itself challenges the notion that the female entity … the alien … lacks the capacity … power … to direct human affairs.
The unfolding of the Fatima story not only transcends the human resistance … it will move on to transcend human knowledge. To date the Fatima story is confined to ‘knowledge’ … the words uttered by three illiterate peasant children. The final two events move into the realm of individual personal experience … the advance notice in September and the delivery in October.
Experience is superior to knowledge.

September 13th

Today marks the 100th anniversary of the fifth Fatima event in Portugal.

What happened?

The event occurred as planned in time and space … ergo … the resistance/interference of the 4th event was absent.

Again a large crowd … some say approximately 20,000.

What separates the September event from the other 4 events is the promise of “evidence” in the next and final event.

Experience is superior to knowledge.

In the story of Jesus illiterate/uneducated adults recognized “The Divine” in Jesus. Intellectuals … secular/philosophical/theological … not so much.

In the Fatima story the illiterate/uneducated children recognize “The Divine” in the female entity. Intellectuals … secular/philosophical/theological … not so much.

The pattern is self evident.

Not necessarily - not when it is an un-examined belief which leads to the experience or any experience which comes from a desperate need but not from reality.
There was a grave need to believe and so voila everyone believed.
That kind of belief can spread like a virus.

miraclesceptic.com/fatimafraud.html

csicop.org/si/show/real_secrets_of_fatima

Any publicity is good publicity. :slight_smile:

I read some of the data in the first URL … couldn’t open the second one … ???

I completely agree with the author of the first URL … she is stuck in the quagmire of words … a gift of expression from Tentative.

I intentionally avoided any … at least most … details of the events in my posts … and my posts dovetail nicely with the possibility of ‘alien’ visits. ergo … female entity.

I subscribe to Confucian doctrine … “If my words are not confirmed by personal experience … ignore my words.”

Personal experiences are not necessarily based in reality. You do realize this, don’t you?

There are delusions/illusions, hallucinations.

We are so desperate to believe at times, that we manufacture truths within the brain which are not really truths.

Personally speaking, what might confirm your affirmation of your personal experience would be the way in which you chose to live your life in a positive way - not merely by stating your beliefs and trying to get others to believe what you believe.

People will either believe or disbelieve. Some will question without holding any kind of judgment - though the Fatima issue - unless YOU yourself have actually read both sides of the issue in an impartial way and examined them, well, …I’ll leave the rest to you.

Maybe the greater issue is in questioning why we believe such things.

Sometimes we call a miracle a miracle because we do not understand the science behind it.
Most of the people back then who saw what they saw thought it a miracle because they did not/could not know what caused it.
A rainbow does still appear to be miraculous even though we understand that there are causes behind it.

As for Mary appearing to the children, did you read the convoluted deceptive history of that by the church and others?

ditto

Hi arc,

We can fool the brain into misguided beliefs? So you are saying that truth lies outside our brain? Then other than getting pranged by the good fairy, how does one obtain truth without a brain? :-k

:laughing: :laughing:
=D>

Hmmm!

As Friday October 13th creeps ever nearer … this OP gets some new life … ??? … even a a laugh from JSS … Hmmm!

There are no miracles … so much for the “Miracle of the Sun” associated with the Fatima events. :slight_smile:

Can’t understand why anyone would be surprised by the “church’s” response to the events. The institution of the church is “people” … the hierarchy of the institution is “people”.

Anything less than how the institution of the church responsded to the Fatima events would have been suicidal.

It’s no different than the behavior of “the money cabals” … for example … the Wall Street gang is doing everything in it’s power to preserve today’s grossly inflated asset values .,. anything less would be suicidal. Their behavior is completely normal … ergo … conforms to natural human behavior.

Hi Tent,

If the above is with reference to what I wrote below…

We are so desperate to believe at times, that we manufacture truths within the brain which are not really truths.

What I might have said is that our brain plays tricks on us. But we can fool our mind or our mind can fool us into believing things which are not real. I suppose that the more valid way to express it would be the latter.
If it is we who are doing the fooling, wouldn’t it necessarily be our minds in conjunction with our brains who are doing it.
People will lie to themselves all of the time.

Does truth lie outside our brain? That’s a good question. I think that it would depend on how one is looking. I think that truth does lie outside of our brains.
That reminds me of the question: "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, does it still make a noise? Isn’t that a question of perception?
I used to think that it would still make a noise but without ears to hear it, does it actually?

Scientists have discovered many truths which are facts - ergo, one can say that Truth does lie outside of our brains. Would you disagree with this, Tent?
If it were NOT for the truth of many things which can be seen and heard, could our brains perceive these things?

I do understand what you are saying here - that without the brain’s function, we could not see or be aware of anything, so I can agree with you BUT at the same time, I can still question whether or not Truth is Still there, whether or not it still exists, even if I am not there to see it, to hear it, to smell it.
I suggest that it still IS but someone else may say differently.
Is it one’s ego which cannot see it or see the possibility of it simply because they are not looking?
If this is a philosophical question, which I see it being, then I don’t see it as having such a simple answer. Do you?

Arc,

I guess I should apologize for poking, but… We do not even know if the laws of physics are immutable in the center of a black hole. Or if multiverses are possible, what their “laws” of physics might be. Sure, we can speculate, but there may be more than one Truth. In fact, there may be all sorts of Truths. So what is out there? Damned if I know. And that is probably the only fact i can accept as Truth.

I see Truth as established tested facts. (like gravity) But I also have to allow that all such Truths are operational, not carved in any but localized stone. We know too little of the universe to declare any such thing as TRUTH. What our brains establish as truth is conditional, but too many either ignore or conveniently forget that.

There is a reason my screen name is tentative…

[b]

[/b]

Agreed … though you neglected to mention the flip side of this issue …

the mind is equally capable of blocking out truths which it doesn’t want to ‘see’ … acknowledge.

Achieving the state known as “Beginners Mind” is no easy feat … tentative is an illusion … parochialism is much more prevalent.

Newtonian laws of gravity is a good example … about 300 years young.

As long as we limit our universe to trees and apples … Newtonian laws of gravity are infallible.

Placing our universe … the planet … in the larger universe poses challenges … Newtonian laws of gravity are no longer infallible.

Science has no idea what effect … if any … these more truthful laws of gravity will have on human life.

The Fatima events confirm this argument … the sun must obey the Newtonian laws of gravity … ergo … no unusual sun activity October 13, 1917. :slight_smile:

Why bother talking about science at all?

You believe one particular account of the events and it doesn’t matter what anyone says. It doesn’t matter to you if their argument is based on science or something else entirely.

Just own that, dude. :evilfun:

[b]

[/b]

Try reading the posts …

What prompted your comments … did your reverence for science get pricked?

I did read them and I came to the conclusion that it really makes no difference to you what Newton or Einstein would say about the events at Fatima. Neither universal gravitation nor general relativity plays any significant role in your take on it. If they both said that it was impossible then you would ignore them.

Fallible science or infallible science changes nothing. :confusion-shrug: