On Poor White America Versus Liberal Misunderstandings.

My parents (bachelor degree holders) earned more than that back in the 1980’s, so thirty years ago that was a decent, middle-class hh income. Now it’s more like $110,000 needed to remain middle-class, but more than 50% of hh incomes fall way short of that. What’s sad is that many poor people believe that they are actually middle-class.

Source of current stats?

Careers are born in colleges so they have a responsibility to make students aware that what their parents had no longer exists, those careers have been phased out in availability and incomes. Since when is common sense a liberal mindset? Sorry, you are wrong. Since when is Manhattan the whole of NYC?

I keep asking you questions, why won’t you be honest with your answers?

He hasn’t taken the time to honestly notice all that. All this liberals or leftists live in a fantasy world and deny any kind of reality.

‘50s middle class [People still live in these homes, may have even slapped on some newer siding, and really believe that they are the middle class Jones’]

'70s middle class
2000s middle class

2017 upper middle class

$110,000 hh income won’t put you into the 2017 upper middle class house, but more like…the 1970’s or 2000’s house if you’re lucky with excellent credit.

That’s really sad. Those who believe that they are actually middle-class are mostly ex middle class. Having been middle class, they know the habit of lying without shame. Beyond an income of “x” almost everyone is cynical and denies reality, partly or absolutely.

There are many easily googled sources.

"Careers are born in colleges so they have a responsibility to make students aware that what their parents had no longer exists, those careers have been phased out in availability and incomes. Since when is common sense a liberal mindset? Sorry, you are wrong. Since when is Manhattan the whole of NYC?

I keep asking you questions, why won’t you be honest with your answers?"

This is remarkable. No personal responsibility. It’s always someone else’s fault.

L-I-B-E-R-A-L.

My parents made less than half that between them in the 80s. No wonder you feel so entitled and helpless.

Alf, wendy: How much do you want and why don’t you have it?

How much income is enough, and what is between you and that income?

I’m not going to tell you how much money I make, but it’s nothing like $110,000. Is 50k enough? Why or why not? A bachelor’s degree, depending on the major, should get you that.

Honestly, i don;t really care. What I care about is bad arguments. And the one i am going after is that immigration, legal or otherwise, is keeping college educated white people from a middle class living.

No one here seems to know the answer.

Niddling little points, which we have all made, are not that interesting.

But Mr R has a point. Why are you so helpless? Who needs to come to your rescue and why do you need rescuing? What happened to you? Who did it?

When your parents can afford to buy you clothes and take to you doctors and dentists, and when there’s always food at your house, and power and water and heat, and when you get presents for birthdays and xmas, you grow up to be a helpless entitled idiot who can’t envision a scenario where someone isn’t supposed to take care of you.

“Not having a social network, and counting your friends on one hand”, is a luxury that maybe you can’t afford. If you weren’t so judgemental about others, then maybe you could become part of a community and find better opportunities.

What’s truly remarkable is that you are paying an institution to educate you but that you, Faust, don’t believe that they have that responsibility. What’s also incredible is that you cannot be honest during a discussion in which you are partaking…not really, right? You are all smoke and luke warm air. The headless horseman has more going on upstairs than you, I get that now.

Are you and Peter K. close relations?

Please stop making them then.

There’s a difference between education and job training. I got a philosophy degree, I’m not upset that I can’t find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn’t a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.

We know, wheeling and dealing with hard earned drug money invested wisely and lots of favors for lots of favors.

You gotta risk it to get the biscuit. Seems like you want some sure fire way to have what you need without taking the risk. For you to have that would he unfair to people who actually have to cut it on their own. Who’s supposed to pay for you?

If you’re so poor, then you should stop buying all those groceries, drink water, eat rice and beans, and start saving money to invest for your future.

Tell me about my entitlement. It’s funny that when I take up the cause of the poor, you all attack me rather than the reality and why it is happening to over 200 million people in the USA. You are only worried about my entitlements when I’m not. I don’t have a major issue with being poor for it keeps me honest which you Mr. and Faust can’t seem to be. :-k

So you’re the savior of the poor? And me and Faust are liars?

You seem like the type who inherits a house, but still calls yourself poor until someone maintains it for you.

Are you sloshed already?

The right wing social darwinist types don’t seem to realize that its important for them to adapt.

I’ve refused to inherit a house, so stick that in one of your pipes and smoke it.