Is North Korea successful?

How would you like to be married to him? :violence-shootself: What a treat! :evilfun:

Kim Jong un doesn’t respect the lives of his own citizens, so there would be no mercy from him towards the rest of the world.

Yes, lets. No, Trumps feelings are based on the tyranny and not exposing the rest of the world to it.

Any country ran by a ruthless dictator who has no problem executing his own citizens for trivial offenses, does not deserve to have the power to execute the rest of the world for trivial offenses.

NK is not any old country. If NK was a democratic country where the government was run by its free citizens freely, then we would not be having this silly discussion.

Trump has an obligation to the USA to take Kim Jong uns threats against the USA seriously, seriously may entail war for threatening the USA with nuclear weapons is a call to war made by NK.

North Korea is making nuclear weapons not because Kim himself wants it, but because Kim and the power structure beneath Kim–the Workers’ Party of Korea collectively want nuclear weapons, To make North Korea abandon nuclear weapons, America has to destroy the very power structure itself, and the only way to do that is for America to capture Pyongyang.

However, North Korea will 100% likely use its nuclear weapon in war to defend the capital if necessary, and this means South Korea and Japan are unlikely to join hands with America and enter the war. The result will not be the collapse of North Korea, but the collapse of South Korea- Japan- America military alliance in the far east.

Without South Korea and Japan providing necessary air and naval bases, the American army will not win the war, even if America win some battles and clear a path that leads to Pyongyang, the Chinese army right across the border will not stand idle, they will secure Pyongyang first before America

The chance of America attacking North Korea in a major war is 0,
because when you consider all the real costs of starting that war for America, the benefits of that war simply does not justify the costs.

And don’t forget the oppurtunity costs of entering a major war, if Trump decides to start the war machine, there will be not much tax-payers money left in the treasury to allow him to rebuild the broken infrastructure in America. :cry:

You’re damned if you interfere with sovereign countries and you’re damned if you don’t.

Concentration camps - look the other way. Starvation - send them free food. Human rights abuses - a strongly worded condemnation in the media and the UN. Secret police - that’s just to be expected. Etc.

The rule of thumb is that only weapons of mass destruction warrant any kind of real action. You know, maybe. Gasing a few thousand people isn’t really “mass” so it doesn’t count.

This is not the TR era : “Speak softly and carry a big stick”.

White women and all women had less rights than black men in the USA if you read the history, so being white did not necessarily give everyone a golden pass as you so mistakenly believe.

Also, there have been many unfavored white people here in the USA since the country was founded. Many whites came to the USA as indentured servants, foregoing their rights. The Irish immigrants were ill-treated as well during one period of US history.

Public executions for trivial offenses is not tyranny? And it’s not that he wants more than what the state can give him, for the state can give him much more, it’s that the state doesn’t want to give him enough food, proper water and shelter, access to adequate healthcare, etc., etc.

You would rather deny the hardships that the average folks in NK endure, insulting their humanity by trivializing hunger and fear as daily inconveniences? Where is your common sense? Where is your humanity?

At least we have access to them if needed. :evilfun:

For Kim, a North Korean citizen who accepts the free housing, free education, free food and free healthcare but hate the very system that provides those welfare is not a citizen under the system.

Under feudalism, disloyal to your lord is not some trivial offenses.

By capture, you mean flatten Pyongyang and all the other large cities?

So if they don’t want to be part of the system, they can leave.

I keep asking you if they have a choice but you have not answered my question.

Succumb or die, right? An inconvenience. :laughing:

They will be shot at their border if they try to leave. It’s one, maybe the only, country who holds their citizens hostage.

It’s certainly not the only country to do it.

I 'm not saying that all whites like America, I 'm just use it as an example to demostrate that moral judgement is very very subjective.

Judgement like ‘trivial offenses’ is another very subjective Judgement, what you consider ‘trivial offenses’ under American system are not necessarily trivial in a feudalist society.

I have never said hunger is a daily inconvenience. And in my reply I use the word ’ accept’ meaning if a guy accepts what the system provides to him, he will not consider that system a ‘tyranny’.

Ok, let’s suppose if there is a massive hunger in North Korea and millions of North Koreans can freely flee their country and go to neighbor countries, will Japan, South Korea, Russia and China and America open its door to let millions of North Koreans in???

Have you ever heard of the Rohingya people?? :astonished: :astonished:

Watching a foreign television show and carrying a common book are not crimes worthy of death, except in your subjective mind, but objectively, not in my mind.

Why is it only those countries and not all countries who may take them in? For North Koreans who wish to assimilate as citizens of other countries, why would there be problems? The Rohingya’s refuse to assimilate into the nation in which they desire to be citizens, that’s the problem.

I think you missed a fundamental point - the choices that the people have are :
actively support the regime, passively function within the regime, or be jailed or executed.

You make it sound like they are willingly signing a contract without coercion.

Phyllo,

Where else are citizens held hostage?

First of all, let me get some very basic things right, in North Korea, if you watch a Russian or Chinese tv show and carrying a Russian or Chinese book, you will not be punished.

North Korea and South Korea, America and Japan are legally speaking still at war, because they have not signed any peace treaty yet, in North Korea, if you sing a song from those countries, there will be some serious punishment, because you are expressing loyalty to the enemy. and this is not special to North Korea,
If you are in the middle of the American civil war you live in the north but you sing the song of the south, you will be punished. If in the heat of McCarthyism you as an American was found reading a foreign book with a title like ‘the essential writing of Karl Marx’ or you were found singing a song named Moscow Nights, you will lose your job and be punished very, very seriously.