Death

A Shieldmaiden

The capacity to evolve, to survive, to struggle, to learn, to imagine, to be inspired, ad continuum…

Yes, capable of dying and being destroyed. Even the experience of pain and grief is part of his mortal nature.

It wouldn’t appear to be that way. Perhaps there will come a time when it may be proven one way or the other. Don’t know how that might be but until then - until I can know, I will not believe. Then I won’t have to believe. haha
What if there IS no such thing as immortality?
Once we have breathed our last, we would not be aware of not being.

I think that whoever wrote that passage probably had the belief in the eternal soul; otherwise, there would be no breath or spirit or soul returning to God.
He or she was just giving to Earth what belonged to Earth and to God what belonged to God.
Let’s not forget that this came from the Bible.

With my answers above, I am in absolute agreement with all doctors, all physicians, all neurologists, all natural scientists.

And you are saying that they are “wrong”?

zinnat,

I look forward to your explanation and proof.

Life’s state of nonexistence.

^^^

There is no such thing as permanently dead.

How can we be sure someone is dead???

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses.
He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.
The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services.
He gasps, “My friend is dead! What can I do?”
The operator says “Calm down. I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.”
There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard.
Back on the phone, the guy says “OK, now what?”

I am not talking in metaphors. Here by death i mean plain and simple death.

with love,
sanjay

I also firmly believe of rather know that for sure because of my personal experiences. But, i can put that only as a theory or assumption because i cannot prove that empirically to others.

But yes, i can certainly put some such evidences forth which proves that the other side is not also right.

with love,
sanjay

I read that link. Whatever they say is not wrong and applicable to almost 99.9 percent of cases of death. But, there are some exceptions also where some creatures becomes alive once again even after confirming all possible medical benchmarks.

And, if that is true, does that not mean that there must be some other core reason of death instead of all those which we generally assume?

with love,
sanjay

They are almost right but only almost, not absolutely.

Considering something as a fundamental truth, it must prevails in all conditions, not merely in majority. There must be no exceptions whatsoever, otherwise it should be considered as a thumb rule only, not a fundamental truth.

with love,
sanjay

Of course. Let all others state their opinion first.

with love,
sanjay

Sorry, i did not get your point.

with love,
snajay

[b]

[/b]

Yes and no!

They are ‘right’ within the limits/boundaries of what they ‘know’.

They … and all people who subscribe to their opinions … are wrong … arrogant and small minded … to extrapolate beyond the limits/boundaries of what is ‘known’.

Death doesn’t actually exist. But the real and much more relevant question is: What do you want to believe?

Sorry James, i am unable to make anything from your answer. Would you elaborate?

with love,
sanjay

The Scriptures contain no such statement, ‘the soul never dies’, it is a pagan view and there is no reference in the Bible where the soul is referred to as being immortal or undying, in fact, over and over again it declares the opposite but people continue to believe only what they want to believe, ignoring the explicit verses which tell the truth about death yet multitudes still blindly follow empty teachings of an ‘everlasting soul’.

Okay. Now, i understand. But, that is not pertinent here.

In this thread, i want to prove the general perception and causes of the death are wrong. I cannot prove ( to others ) what causes death but still can put a big question mark its benchmark decided by medical sciences.

with love,
sanjay

Where in the Bible does it say explicitly that the soul, not the human body, dies?

What are “the limits/boundaries of what they know”?

We have to consider the two realms again: the physical one and the spiritual one.

You and all doctors, all physicians, all neurologists, all natural scientists are right when it comes to the physical realm.
You and all doctors, all physicians, all neurologists, all natural scientists are wrong when it comes to the spiritual realm.

Compare this with the following quote: