What is your "kryptonite?"

At this very moment, you have been transformed.

You awaken to find a new self. A self which resonates at a higher frequencey, but is imprinted by the nature of your being.

You have new abilities. You are also sensitive to new things. What is resonant to your being?

What are your powers? What is your “kryptonite?” Are they subtle? Are they powerful? Tell me. Describe to me. What is it you are now? What do you look like? What can you do? What do you do?
thehindu.com/education/know- … 303165.ece

Hello petertohen

What is my “kryptonite?” Procrastination . . .

Cooooooooool . . . Awesome! I have new abilities. I am also sensitive to new things. What is resonant to my being? Modesty . . . What are my powers? I have the power not to be stumbled. Are they subtle? My modesty is obvious. My procrastination is subtle. Are they powerful? Modesty can be quite powerful. Procrastination is not so powerful.

I am a being in a process of rediscovery. I have been told that I am re-becoming the great man that I once was.

What do I look like? Humble, curious, interested, gentle - nonetheless I look like a mountain of strength - an unstoppable force of nature. What can I do? Many things that others can not do - It is likely that this is related to modesty. What do I do? I spend a lot of time thinking . . . I can honestly say that this relates to procrastination for me.

Peace,

Aaron.

:smiley:

Universal altruism transferred sub consciously into the minds of all humans
would be my kryptonite were I fortunate enough to possess such capability

I would want altruism subconsciously implanted into the mind of every human being. They could still retain their particular personalities but there would
be a subtle shift from thinking in terms as an individual to more as a collective member of the human species. So much progress could be made from this

My new power is paranoia and my kryptonite are answers that reduce it to nothing. Who are you and why do you want to know? What’s your hook, your angle? What are you trying to get information for and who are you trying to get it from? Are you going to watch and mark the people that respond in any way of truth describing what theyre becoming aware of having? Documenting them? What then? Witch hunts, again? An us vs. them mentality between these individuals and ‘normals’?

Wouldn’t that be a form of brainwashing and mind control? I intuit that it would be.
Could it still be considered to be altruism in that case? I don’t think so.

Collective member ~~ like the borg?

Does the end justify the means?

My kryptonite at this moment would be in believing everything that I am being told by you ~~ if I were to allow it.

My kryptonite at this moment would also be in doing the dance of a puppet while you pull my strings ~~ if I were to allow this.

Nice words but one size does not fit all. You know nothing of me.

Stop trying to be a Svengali.

It would not be a form of brainwashing and mind control as there would still be free will
Although as it is only a thought experiment and no more then it does not actually matter

:-k

If something is UNKNOWINGLY implanted in the brain to change one’s behavior or thinking, where does free will or free choicde enter in?
I am not so sure that what you say is true since someone’s thinking and behavior may have been manipulated and affected even if in a small way.
How are hypnotists able to manipulate the behavior of people who would otherwise never do what they were told to do?
How can we know what effect some change may have on changing something else?

It matters to me. :crying-yellow:

surreptitious75

I’ve always wondered if I had the opportunity to, would I wish to live in the matrix?
I am hard put to answer that since it wouldn’t really be me. What would I become or not become as a result of that? Human evolution is important.

There is still something about that which I am not comfortable with. I have to ponder it further.
It still takes away freedom of choice.
If there is no human suffering (and I don’t mean to sound callous here) how do we grow?
How do we come to know ourselves?
I’m not so sure that I would like living in a Utopian world. We need problems and struggles or we might just get too bored with life.

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean to eradicate all thought from the human brain?

Hmmm, who is to say that those hypnotists do not in some way say or do something suble in order to get these people to be hypnotized? After all, they are hypnotists capable of manipulation.
Anyway, that is something which would have to be looked at. I think that some people are highly suggestible and influenced. They could readily do something which they might otherwise struggle and succeed in not doing. How much do we REALLY know about the human mind anyway.

There are those I think who wouldn’t do what went against the grain or their moral or ethical code.

Maybe…maybe…

Well,we are not actually talking here of entertaining hypnotists.
Anyway, they freely volunteered to be hypnotized but then again did they freely volunteer for what might occur? People do not think things through.

Who is to say who makes the decision there? There is the ethical question. Some might make a decision to volunteer for something but not knowing what the consequences or far-reaching consequences can be. Again,we do not know a whole lot about the mind.
When the consequences and the damage have already occurred it is too late to turn back.
Look at Dr. Jekyll. lol Even he could not know the consequences of his actions and his experimentation. We are all capable of becoming Mr. Hyde I think. We all have that side within us, that dark side, that shadow side, which many of us do not want to see so how can we know an outcome?

Dare to Know, Dare to be Wise, Dare to Think for Yourself.
Sapere Aude - “Have the courage to use your own understanding,”

Your question is a very good one but I am not sure that “Have the courage to use your own understanding,” means to go off and perhaps destroy one’s self and one’s mind or that of another or others in the search for truth and knowing.
You said regardless of the consequences. Okay, Dr. Jekyll dared to know and I wonder at the end of the day, if he might have wished to have made a different decision.

The phrase is also interpreted to mean DARE TO BE WISE. Is it necessarily a wise thing to allow our minds to be manipulated by planting some kind of a seed within one’s brain?
And again, who is to make the decision allowing or manipulating someone somehow to allow that? The doctors and scientist who are so gung ho and who may be less ethical in their search for the truth?
Yes, Have the Courage to Think for Yourself.

Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance from another. This immaturity is self-imposed when its cause lies not in lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without guidance from another. Sapere Aude! [dare to know] “Have courage to use your own understanding!”–that is the motto of enlightenment.
Immanuel Kant

Of course, it can be seen and understand from another perspective ~~ as having to do with things such as revolutions, or the French Resistance in World War II or the French Revolution or soldiers, both men and women, joining the armed forces no matter is said to them. These are or were things in which a person decided for their self, exercised their personal freedom to *emerge from their self-imposed immaturity, so to speak.
These things were based on freedom of choice, personal freedom ~~~

Dare to Know, Dare to be Wise, Dare to Think for Yourself.
Sapere Aude - “Have the courage to use your own understanding,”

But we were speaking of something above but I guess it could also enter in as long as the person had all the facts and was aware of the consequences. But we cannot have all of the facts. We can only have the ones which we see or the ones which we would want to see. I suppose that even our members of the armed forces aren’t totally aware there.

I also gravitated toward that quote because it is a reminder for me to Dare to Know Myself, no matter what, in all honesty, to try to see myself as much as I can as I am and not to hide away from that.

As Socrates said: “An unexamined life is not worth living.”

“Philosophy does not mean, as in the sophists, the acquisition of knowledge but a way of questioning, to challenge, a form of self-concern.”

I suppose one should say ALSO mean.

SapereAude.medium.jpg

SAPERE AUDE!

I don’t consider him to be being a Svengali, at the least trying to pull off a Charles Xavier, but with ulterior motives. Trying to document and bring people together of exceptional talents and skills beyond the norm. It’s the ulterior motive I don’t much care for. The Charles Xavier part being the lesser part of what I don’t care for because I’ve already been Charles Xaviering the world and he’s not going to copycat me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Utopia by definition would be without suffering and so there would be no need to grow. And there would be no boredom. As they are
concepts true of this existence not of an imaginarily perfect one. I would not even characterise Utopia as a world but a state of mind
However I try not to think too much about it because it does not really exist and I much prefer instead to focus on what actually does

You should see what some people can do. It’s pretty awesome.

About what?

Don’t pretend to be stupid about this. That’s a pain in the ass. Let’s talk about visioncrafters, or people who can literally cause you to get sick; put a ‘hex’ on you. Let’s talk about the illusion masters that can make you see things that aren’t there, or see things differently than they are. Let’s talk about real shit for a change instead of this pussy-footing, purposeful act of ignorance.

Lame. Cowards, the lot of ya.