Q&A

Paranoia can be contagious, encode. But I’ve contracted every strain of this bacteria. I’m immune. :laughing:

Growth happens slowly over time and if one is truly open then they shall consider every available possibility
But they will not be endless or infinite ones and even if they were they could not all be experienced anyway

Its hard enough to see two different possibilities most of the time.
Free will if it exists is pretty limited - sometimes we must work the given situation years for one instance of true choice, and then of course half the time we do precisely the wrong thing. Instead of 99 percent effort to 1 percent inspiration, it more like .000001 freedom, the rest is effort within the thing that is given. But freedom is a powerful stimulant. And whats attained quickly isn’t worth much.

The moment of liberation after an occupation war is a true freedom, more people die these days than average war-days; many of the least healthy pick up all their bad habits at once. Freedom kills. Insert flag.

We need to exploit more of each others qualities. Humans are severely under-exploited, they are capable of far greater feats than we now expect of … us, - and I mean as a collective.

The UN isn’t the best we can do, as citizens of the world. For one it dates from a pre internet age. We can have a much better and more layered and interwoven and effective, relevant, and even sort of democratic united front of nationalities if we become a bit more ambitious with the internet. As fragile as all these individual bits are in terms of force, all of them together will make the world more stable. We will slowly be able to afford more truth, and value others more in terms of what we can not do. That is meritocracy, only refined intelligences can endure it - they have their pride in what is smart, they don’t care if it is the collective or individual who does it. As long as it benefits most stably and with the greatest plenitude.

Plenitude will at once point become a thing again. We have plenty, but scarcity is our mindset, so what we have is ugly when it sits next to all the other things we have - or at least sparse, sober - this is our style. Compare this to how people dressed in the 15th century - they lived in times of plenitude, even though they had far less. It is about self-valuing - the environment is valued into the self so that the self can freely expand into it.

The most healthy society is one where the greatest diversity of types can act spontaneously, attain its values, and thereby be of value to others so that they can attain theirs. Now, spiritual spontaneity is all but dead. Where it appears it is met with scorn as if it is violence. We can only imagine the ways in which it will try to come back into the game, and anticipate.

gib

Great response . . . Applause =D>

It sure can, gib. Well I am so glad you are immune to it. I think that there are better and more enjoyable ways for one to lose their sanity.

:laughing:

Are you kidding?! Paranoia’s a thrill! :laughing: Makes you feel like a spy in an espionage movie.

Just kidding… sort of. 8-[

Anyway, I wonder if Destiny’s abandoned this thread. We’ve butchered it pretty bad. I was expecting a whole series of Q&A rounds. I swear I won’t :puke-front: at all of them.

Will respond to your other posts later.

gib

:laughing: I had a good laugh, thanks.

Maybe Destiny has forgotten about the thread - I guess that is a possibility.

Seriously just respond whenever you feel like it.

Please put that to language, gib. :evilfun:

She doesn’t post that often.

“BLAAAA!!!”

Perhaps every could presuppose that there may still be another or others out there lurking in the wings?
You are not immune until you die. lol

Be vigilant but with balance. If you are hyper-vigilant you may experience paranoia around every corner. 8-[
Train your mind to be calm, gib.
:evilfun:

Thanks master Yoda. :mrgreen:

Everything I know I have learned from my cat, Yoda. :evilfun:

Arcturus Descending

And here I was, hoping, praying and further hoping that both yourself and gib would catch the strain I have on offer.

Perhaps the strain I am offering is not contagious.

I took this on board . . . now I am paranoid . . . I am freaked out. I hope you will be OK gib.

:laughing:

Geez, what a tempting offer! :laughing:

Thanks.

Not an easy set of criteria to overcome, of which I recognise that I too am a victim of… victims of an all or nothing mentality, that needs an interim middle-ground found quickly enough to resolve this limitation of situations and therefore growth… or is that a bad idea, if our fight or flight responses cannot adapt as quickly as our mind?

So you equate ‘endless possibilities’ with ‘knowing everything’? Ok.

…of all the possibilities, in all the world, you had to choose this one - compelled to, or limited to?

Less limitations means more compelling experiences, but at what cost.

I think cities, and especially large cities, are making us reactive rather than enabled. Modern woes make for modern ills.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote. Read it again.
Had you even read my last line, you would have realized that my answer to your question was a NO.

I’m not sure what you mean Mags? I don’t think anyone chooses to be in the reality we find ourselves in. However, I think the anthropic principle might address what I think you mean. It’s like asking: out of all the animals on Earth, why did I become human? Because only humans can ask the question.

Reactive meaning more limited? Not actually making free choices? In that case, we’ve got to tough it out. Learn to be okay with the consequences we’re trying so desperately to avoid.

It is not so much in the experiencing than in the choosing, that I am interested in… the deciding factors in which way things will go… stressful much! :neutral_face:

It is? I think the difficulty arises in settling on only one of many available choices… seeing all those choices is the easy part.

The egos of others prohibits this exploitation of those with an amazing skill set… nothing brings out the demon in others than being outshined.

The UN do nothing.

I fear the world will be a disappointing place for years, so best to buckle up and at least try to enjoy the ride. :auto-swerve: