Why there is belief in an afterlife

Ok, a bit of fun, then.

At least the American pragmatists were useful. What do you suppose is the utility of English pragmatism? Ever wonder from where the true motive of “utilitarianism” comes? Even the theory itself is couched in petty, inhuman moralizing.

There is practical action, and then there is practical impracticality. We all know which of those you prefer.

There is nothing more truly pragmatic than taking risks for values, positing High Values as supreme law over mere circumstance, convenience, habit, or laziness. Life itself is nothing less than value-positing, the gradual systematizing of risk taking and all that it impies… and requires.

Absolutely - Hobbes and Locke are the absolute bitches of philosophy. Outspoken “subs”.

American pragmatists lived under a mutable regime guided by letters, reason. Their praxis consisted of working with these letters so as to secure that rule stayed mutable and standards stayed fixed.
In England the opposite - standards mutable so as for regime to stay fixed. This produces the quasi-standards of “polite society” which must stand in for aristocracy, which is always lacking in pragmatic company.

The mistake is made when pragmatism becomes an end. Praxis is of course a means. Protestantism is the worst of those mistakes. It is what killed god, as religion can not be pragmatic for the sake of being pragmatic and still relate to God, the miracle-bringer.

Once again, a German invention. These people just like making life as hard as possible.

You’re a word juggler. You aren’t saying anything at all. When you say “value-positing” what you mean is “goal-setting”. You’re using complicated words in order to appear deep hoping that by doing so you will hide the fact that you’re extremely shallow.
Everything about you is hollow.
There is no meat, no blood, nothing alive in you. Just empty words.
You’re nothing more than empty hype.

When you choose goals that are unrealistic (which is what you mean by “risk taking”) that’s a guarantee that you will fail.
Which you already do. Over and over again.

I one heard a saying that makes some sense.

Small people talk about people
medium people talk about events
great people talk about ideas

for a change, try to keep up. Please. It is exasperating to have to constantly be aware of your petty girly gossipy relationship with your pride. The issue is risk. A goal is a value, yes, you don’t need to pretend that anyone doesn’t known this.

For once in your life take a risk, and directly address the statements that the other guy made.
Which would simply mean admitting that he is right. You may earn some respect - from yourself.

Sexual, lustful energy. lol

:sunglasses:

“the self-valuing logic of being”

We are the pure product of two valuing beings, who value themselves in terms of each other.

That is being changed because of the onset of the micro world, quantum based.

Two self valuing are fast becoming irrelevant , because the way the fabric of time space reconstructs our awareness of our supposed mortality.

In fact, life as a morality play has been overcome way beyond good and evil, in terms of the existential dilemma( to be or not to be that is the question), since quantum effects push the envelope of dualism beyond the irrelevant.

There seems little point to sustain the quantum difference between various measures of duration, since a billion years qualitatively may not differ more then a blink of an eye from a micro second of cosmic time. Or even hazard contemporaniety of all events.

The physical changes of a human may replicate many times in one lifetime, and the psychological makeup reinvented as well.

Therefore, after life may be sustained with these alterations that take place before death, or, before life.

Are you saying people won’t get sexually attracted anymore now that the Universe is Quantizing us?
If that is the case I haven’t noticed it. Not in myself but not in the world either.
Nor is the rate of reproduction declining world-wide.

What makes you think Quanta are anti-sexual?
Rather, the behaviour of electrons around protons indicates obsessive arousal of nature at the quantum level.

Just the opposite, people are sub-aware, and becoming hypersexed on account. They figure, what the he’ll, if we’re animals, might as well act it.

There is a belief in an afterlife, because there is an energy deep within us, which remembers existing before we born into this world. To that energy we return after death. Meditation is one way to connect to that energy while here and now. It’s called Jhana, it feels like joy, bliss, supreme goodness that accepts without any judgement. Some in the west would call it a heavenly state or oneness with god. I speak from experience and I would be stingy if I did not share news of it. Then again, we will all experience it for ourselves whether I shut up about it or not. Happy travels. Those who don’t believe in this, enjoy being dragged into the all encompassing light.

I’m not talking religion here, I’m talking cavemen looking at mysterious stars and sensing something before there was a word for god.

Many doubters are thrown off by the bible. You can believe in god while at the same time dismissing the bible.

[quote=“unknowing”]
There is a belief in an afterlife, because there is an energy deep within us, which remembers existing before we born into this world. To that energy we return after death. Meditation is one way to connect to that energy while here and now. It’s called Jhana, it feels like joy, bliss, supreme goodness that accepts without any judgement. Some in the west would call it a heavenly state or oneness with god. I speak from experience and I would be stingy if I did not share news of it. Then again, we will all experience it for ourselves whether I shut up about it or not. Happy travels. Those who don’t believe in this, enjoy being dragged into the all encompassing light.

I’m not talking religion here, I’m talking cavemen looking at mysterious stars and sensing something before there was a word for god.

Many doubters are thrown off by the bible. You can believe in god while at the same time dismissing the bible.[/quot

I dunno if there is an energy within us that remembers, but I suspect you’re right. Some may remember something. and that something may be a primordial something veiled in heavy symbolism…

I have the same amnesia as the rest of his. With my brain, there was only black before I was born. But the light I experienced during meditation was a forever kind of thing, which extends prior to what I recall as a starting point. That light, I believe is reachable in every being. Probably even in rocks.

I tend to agree, we often forget that light comes before the darkness, which is nothing else but an absence of light.

It is not a presence.

Ah. Yes.
Who are your literary influences?

And could you elaborate your thesis in the earlier terms again?

This is quite beautiful and I would condition it and place it into a full spectrum.

First we have the metaphysical primordial light, we might say the photonic energy that is time-space in its neutral gear. No collisions or clustering, no gravity, only blind light.

Then, there is movement. Somehow in this boundless blind light there is s shifting, a color gradient, and quarks are formed and eventually a proton. This thing of great relative gravity - absolute in terms of Relativity - allows for a conjecture of the photonic into a pattern and the electron is formed ala Jayson & Farsight and darkness is born.

As darkness accumulates, several so-formed hydrogen atoms cluster into a cloud that grows larger and begins to revolve around itself as a vortex of gravity, as more and more accumulates out of no-thingess through color gradients into mass, and as the substance pulls itself into itself its elements crush and all their historic efforts explode into a nuclear chain reaction birthing from the dark a light so powerful as to become creator of life.

Leaving on a jet in a few hours will elaborate when getting to Asia.

As far as my literary influences go, I credit Nietzsche for his reversion, for reversion has an undertow, and most ultra modern thinkers who claim every reversal has the qualitative/quantitative flip at every turn. Whomever that can encompass, I’m with it.

However particularly, specifics are harder to come by, since previously such were hard to find.

But such reversals are not dialectic , but some other rate transformationary effects.

I think visually, Salvador. Dali’s ‘The metamorphosis of Narcissus’ is descriptively satisfactory as a literal replacement.

Ad a response to Your afore mentioned , I will need to re read this in context, to give it a rightful reading

The belief is quite simple. Let me explain. An afterlife, by definition, is the lack of death. Why do we believe that we still live?? Because we do. I’m offering you extremely sage words.

In this life, we’ve died hundreds of times, dead, dead, dead. But we’re still here, so I ask you, "what is an “afterlife”??? By definition it is what’s death, not what we are. An afterlife IS death AFTER- life, do you see what I’m saying ?? AFTER LIFE is death, it’s AFTER life… but you folks use it in the sense that you continue (which you do) - I’ll be very straight forward, none of us on this planet didn’t die. The old earth!!! Remember those things ??? But we still exist!