Know Thyself

All it means is that you missed the guess at your purpose.
If you can see the futility of your proposed purpose, that wasn’t your purpose, try again.

Your essence lives each life unchanged. Your soul doesn’t change but your memories are wiped and I wish I knew why. Immortality may be too much to ask of a human soul. We can’t handle knowing it, knowing that we will never end. Maybe God’s lonely so to be merciful to us, we live different human lives throughout eternity. Can a soul ask for death…obliteration…I don’t know?

Have you or anyone be experienced having an obliterated soul? Did they ask for it, or were they condemned to loose it like Faust? Did his deal consisted of knowingly bartering it?

God may not give anyone the choice. He may not believe in killing his offspring even it they beg for it.

Knowing yourself requires not following these silly thousands years old superstitions that cannot even be meaningfully articulated, much less argued for or demonstrated.

Did you notice the Faustian allusion?

Maybe you can be more specific.

I think that it is important to have a sense of perspective and understand that life will not last for ever as we are just passing through
That in no way means one should not strive to make the most of ones own life in the meantime while one still has the chance to do so

Then unlike me, perhaps ,You don’t read widely on ILP ,but don’t worry that consists of no more then 2 or 3 forums.

Faust was much more then bartering wisely, betting on being able not to come up with his side odnthe bargain.
He was more , therefore filling his persona with much more, defining a whole historical essence of MAN. That he bet right ,has become a historical venue of epic proportions.

His persona posits hope to all big time gamblers of the spirit, and it defines an age, within which battle lines are drawn on the battle ground between good and evil

How bold those lines are depends on the nature of barter and negotiation. We are the products of those exchanges, and whereby the threat remains undiminished , the results can be viewed as predictably for the better in any case. Just because third world countries have not developed Faustian conscience, does not mean they cannot learn.

Conscience is not.based on superstition, within unlearned people a mystical participation develops out of sheer necessity.

We can not afford to examine a life worth living apart from early social bonding, it is too late in the day for that.

Not in an age where reality and meta reality are being re-integrated

I know You did not bargain for a long narrative, but Faust is a big page turner.

I was never that impressed, actually.

Like 99% of all people will paint an unrealistic picture of themselves, because of low rationality, exactly why no one can do lawsuits without a lawyer education.

Being reintroduced to myself, but in a different/less-intense light.

MagsJ,

Introductions are at times painful, re-introductions, well, doubly so!

What is depressing is that you claim your myths are truths. And relentlessly so, you’ve been claiming the same myth as a solid truth for years now, immune to logic and reason.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

Hey stranger

Hey Trixie long time no see where you been hiding the last month

I am an unfinished product of many things in Existence - a work still in progress.

Or maybe still I can compare myself to the marble in the quarry (David) - sight unseen but still imagined and taking shape.

James wrote,

That is certainly something to ponder.
If, in my loneliness, there is this other, wouldn’t that be just the same as when I console myself?
What need would I have of someone who is another self but the same self to me?

Could I even wish for something like this? Quite frankly, I don’t know.
But I would suppose that it would be like looking into a mirror or a crystal ball and having something to focus on as I tried to Know Myself.

But it really is an interesting thought to gaze on.

The re-introduction is minus the hindrance of the cloak of modernity’s schoolings, so not so much painful, as swift… the mental progressing swifter than the physical, so not ideal.

Hmmm… I am not so sure that I can believe that. Prove it to me.
Perhaps that statement is to allow us out of our isolation and loneliness.

I do so love snowflakes.