Plan of ILP

Yeah, that’s exactly how I imagined Faust would look like in real life. Well, for whatever reason I imagined him with an aging grey beard and black thick rimmed glasses with a tobacco pipe as a sort of quasi liberal armchair neckbeard philosopher. Close enough…

Mjuh.

Chess, of course. There must be a perpetual chess tournament.

Also a metal shop, a forge.

[b]

[/b]

Just got back from a playful and joyful encounter with the ocean … yes there is only one ocean.

While I spent an hour or so in the water … the word ‘encounter’ seems appropriate. A person can never become “one” with the ocean.

Likewise with people … an individual can never become “one” with an ‘other’ individual … our isolation can never be totally shattered.

Today’s ocean experience triggered some new thoughts that are relevant in this thread.

1. Humans love ‘encounters’ … with fellow humans, animals, trees, mountains, ocean … just about everything that cohabits the planet. Some encounters lead to lifelong relationships with the “object(s)” of the encounter.

2. The intensity of an encounter is … to a significant degree … a function of a) the number of our senses engaged in the encounter. b) the intensity of engagement of each sense. Walking on the ocean floor, floating effortlessly on the surface, drifting effortlessly completely submerged … each activity producing a different sensation … feeling.

The same logic applies to human encounters. A digital contact must necessarily be weaker(less intense) … and consequently embody less potential … than a face to face contact … the essence of UP’s seed.

Proximity to the ocean is indeed a catalyst for philosophical thought.

Resistance is manifestation of movement … as in movement of UP’s ‘seed’ towards germination … resistance is encouraging indeed.

Resistance authenticates the potential embodied in a ‘somethang’ … yuge resistance = yuge potential.

This phenomenon is self evident in today’s geopolitical events.

I’m encouraged by the timid response … a sure sign of genius. :slight_smile:

Haha
theres something to that.
It largely depends on who proposes the community who will want to show up.

That UP/Trixie is proposing it bodes well for aggressive, talented and somewhat crazy artists, and less so for more adapted people.

That said, I think if a thing like this is to generate revenue, it must consist of talented and aggressive people; well-adaptedness generally gives complacency and boringness, which isn’t marketable, so we couldn’t sustain ourselves let alone grow.

“The Philosophers” have been pumping a dry well for some time now … perhaps it’s time to look for the “fountain” … not a task for the faint hearted … though lurking in the shadows is OK too. :slight_smile:

Mjuh.

lol I have no understanding of that word or whatever it is.

:mrgreen:

pilgrim-seeker_tom

Many have their heads in the sand. I am sure that you are aware of this already . . .

Oh so true . . . so so true . . . sometimes it makes me feel like I just want to give up and move to a deserted island.

:-k

[b]

[/b]

Aaron … seems like a practical first step.

In such circumstances you will be compelled to face your “isolation” … you will be rid of all the illusions … illusions that suggest it’s possible in this life to forget … at least temporarily … your “isolation”.

Mitigating the reality of “isolation” is what humans conjure up ad infinitum … the discomfort of our built in “isolation” is simply unbearable.

UP’s ‘seed’ (this OP) is a call for a community of like minded individuals to congregate on a pseudo ‘deserted island’ … an ‘off grid’ location.

IMO her ‘seed’ acknowledges the natural state of human isolation … ergo … our minds are jailed in dark and wet enclosure … relying totally on our senses for connectivity to our environment and all objects/entities/beings within our environment.

The notion “like minded” suggests an overlap of two or more individual minds …

Like Minded.JPG

Perhaps the “overlap” is engineered as a component of our DNA.

Perhaps, or may be it ends up that way.

Obviously you trolls prefer to stay invisible. Yes, we all understand that The Philosophers have been a threat to trolls.
And that UPs agreement with me forms a further threat. You may at one point be asked to reveal your face… or what passes for a face.

Dont count on things getting easier for you.

I lived in a philosophers community (of sorts) for many years. It was really a new-age/spiritual community but atheists also lived there which balanced it out a bit.

We had art, wood and metal workshops, a bookstore and book distribution business (we were the sole distributor of ACIM in the Asia/Pacific region), tofu production and fruit & veg business. Some of the residents would do odd jobs (carpentry etc) outside the community from time to time to support ourselves.

As far as philosophy was concerned, the community was part of what has come to be known a Permaculture. Bill Mollision (a Tasmanian and father of Permaculture) used to visit, give talks, and help us set up the land so that it worked with nature rather than raping it. He’d sometimes visit with Aboriginal Elders who passed on their knowledge as well.

Permaculture is not just about agriculture. It’s about culture in general and covers everything from architecture (“touch the earth lightly”) to relationships. Agriculture is just the beginning. Feeding yourself is your first priority and gardening is a perfect way to visually see the philosophy in action.

In some ways Permaculture is like a practical Feng Shui (wind-water) where everything is designed to flow naturally and in harmony. Various veggies, for instance, would grow among flowers or weeds because those flowers attracted insects that keep the veggie-eating bugs away. Some plants/flowers were grown next to others because they returned nutrients to the soil when they died; others provided shade. Permaculture is action-learning; it’s non-stop questioning, testing, evaluating. It’s an open, practical philosophy that changes and adapts to its environment. There’s no dogma.

A key point in Permaculture is to remain aware of your part in the system; not just as part of the natural cycle but to be aware that on a deeper level, you are what you’re actually growing; you are what you’re actually building.

Here’s an example of Permaculture in action:

On an early morning walk I noticed some fences had been damaged then I saw the gardens had been ripped up. Further along, down near the river, the hothouse, gardening sheds and meditation pergola destroyed or vandalized. While we had been sleeping up on the hills, someone had snuck onto the property by the river and quietly destroyed everything.

Days later, the police found the culprits. They were young, local rednecks who lived further down the valley. They didn’t like the new-ager hippies invading their valley. The police asked if we wished to press charges and, after a debate, we decided that there’d be no legal ramifications if the boys helped us repair what they destroyed. Learning was a better outcome than punishment.

After school and on the weekends, the kids turned up to help us repair the damage. At first, they were very tense but because we had decided to treat them as welcomed guests they quickly settled in. A couple of months later, everything was back to normal and the kids left as friends. While they never visited again, they’d often toot their horns or wave as they passed through the valley on their way home.

That’s practical philosophy – start out with a problem then end with a solution that’s better than it was before the problem.

I’ve been really under the weather. Lately, things are unraveling. Just had a chance to check out what’s
going on here.

At any rate, i am in the midst of things I cannot but try to resolve in some way, and hope that my silence
will not be taken as a sign of other then preoccupation.

Sounds heavenly …

This past summer I discovered … through experience … how hard our ancestors worked … in order to eat regularly. A wonderful experience … it animates ‘self’ in a way “words” … written or spoken … can never do.

These are more spiritual new age communities than philosophical communities, as there already is a philosophy that defines the community - permaculture - a philosophical community, it seems to me, would pertain to all possible philosophies.

I will in any case not be part of something that seeks to seclude. I am only ever interested in expanding the scope of influence of real philosophical exploration. Science must be integral part of any such community - it must develop the exact sciences, that is the first condition.

I will in any case not be part of something that seeks to seclude. I am only ever interested in expanding the scope of influence of real philosophical exploration. Science must be integral part of any such community - it must develop the exact sciences, that is the first condition.

1. Seclusion is a necessary first step … “can’t see the forest for the trees”. Seclusion fosters expulsion … at least temporarily … of all that we know.

[b]

[/b]

1. Unbridled confidence in science is a manifestation of the phenomenon … “urge to control”. Is science aiding and abetting … or hindering … the escalating tensions in today’s geopolitical arena?

[b]

[/b]

1. Excluding an openness to “spirituality” is also a manifestation of the phenomenon … “urge to control”.

[b]

[/b]

Arcturus, the word Mjuh is something a friend of Sauwelios used to say when he thought something was intended to sound smart or interesting but didn’t.
It was usually quite well placed. Its not an object, though.