What Of Your Essence?

Most of us like to be in love. It’s part of our psyches. We just need to choose carefully who or what that is…whether it is a person or nature or the universe or an algorism.
We need to choose carefully what our passions are.

If the lefties, the loonies, have their way the government will regulate our behaviors down to our very thoughts.

gib,

Name a way in which our origin and our past is capable of changing.

Become an inauthentic being, a liberal leftie, to destroy history and rewrite it, erase our past and the origins of our identities.

Erm, okay Gib…it’s your turn. :evilfun:

Wendy, if that was in response to my post, that is not what I had in mind.

I know, but I’m on a roll with the liberal lefties who are in my sights. If Aaron doesn’t answer your showdown challenge, I’ll defend the aliens (for additional practice).

Erm, okay Wendy… my turn for what?

It’s your turn to answer questions directed at you. :evilfun: :laughing:

Now who is the teacher, Wendy? :stuck_out_tongue:

^ This question, huh Wendy? I didn’t see this at first.

Okay, well my point was that our origin and past don’t change, but I suppose if time travel were possible, you could go back and erase your birth from ever taking place getting yourself stuck in a grandfather paradox. But then again, if Doc Brown from Back to the Future is right, this would only result time fissioning onto a separate branch. You’d still be stuck in a grandfather paradox (Marty’s very existence being in jeopardy), but your original origins would still be pinned down to its original position in the grand blueprints of time and space.

Or how 'bout this: if all reality is subjective, then all you’d have to do is erase your memories of your origins and replace them with alternate memories. But subjectively speaking, you wouldn’t look back on this as a change, you’d just forget your original origins ever happened and only remember your replacement origins which would not have changed according to your subjective point of view. Then, on the other hand, from the point of view of someone else who remembers your original origins, they would think you’ve just deluded yourself, and according to them too (from their subjective point of view), your original origins never changed, you’ve just convinced yourself that they have.

^ That’s all I’ve got for now. Maybe I’ll post some more later if I think of anything.

You are getting slightly warmer, slightly, gib. :evilfun:

Sounds like you know the hot spot, Arc. Why don’t you share your thoughts? :wink:

No, why make it so easy for you. Figure it out. You are a bit closer but you haven’t eaten the hot tamale yet.
lol

Oh, you tough cookie you!

More like a hard nut to crack. I have been told this very often especially by men.
Perhaps I have yet to meet my squirrel. :evilfun:

Well, in any case, I seriously can’t think of any other way of altering your origins than time travel. I mean, what’s in the past is in the past.

But this thread is about one’s essence, which is a little different from one’s origins, so if you’re asking how does one change one’s essence, you’re asking how does one redefine one’s self. ← I’ll meditate over that one and get back to you. :-k

Well, not to so much reveal anything or perhaps I will but I actually did have my origins altered in a sense, in a great sense.
I was inadvertently told by my grandparents (and not biological ones) that the man who I had actually believed to be my father, who I had loved and worshiped as my father (since I was too young at the time to know otherwise) since that is what my mother told me ~~ was not actually my father. I was absolutely devastated by that. I lost that father not only once but twice. That was revealed to me right after high school graduation. They thought that I knew the truth of my so-called origins. How my origins changed.
But that also explained something which happened between myself and my so-called father when I was around six or seven which also devastated me and which probably affected my life in many ways growing up.
It was one of the most utmost experiences of abandonment that I have ever had in my life.

Hmmm…so you think that changing one’s essence is as simple as re-defining one’s self? Giving one’s self a new self-identity in a sense?
I don’t know about that.

Ah, so this is closer to the “subjective” account I gave earlier. Though I can see what you mean: it doesn’t involve replacing memories, but being told a different story about your past.

You must live a life that’s anything but ordinary.

Me neither. It’s anything but simple… which is why I must meditate on it… might need a few months atop a snowy mountain in Tibet. :laughing:

gibinator

:laughing: I know that feeling . . .

Pretty damn close. I would make up my own, mainly for aesthetics as follows:

O <∫> B <∫> C

I wonder if you can guess what it means . . .

Strange that . . . I wonder why we do that.

I would suggest the brain does it from pattern matching and differentiation - I would further conclude that this is also how new thoughts evolve - epiphanies.

I have witnessed a pattern matching algorithm based on the neocortex make a leap to identify an animal based on a similar animal - and that is not using all six layers - it kind of freaks me out what all six layers are capable of.

I really like what you have written here.

Yeah - I am not a huge fan of QM. I have also read some data that points to correlation implying causation - that tells me that there is something up with QM.

I am pretty certain the neocortex is involved in processing poetry and metaphor.

I find that if I have put an extreme amount of thought into the post when I write it - then I have to spend some time decoding my own writing.

:-k

encode-decode

I know what it means. I know what it means. :banana-angel: :banana-dreads:

Only kidding. :blush:
Perhaps never in a million years.