Plan of ILP

[b]

[/b]

UP … you have seeded a “somethang” … a valiant accomplishment.

Seems to me the act of seeding a “somethang” … especially a “somethang” that embodies yuge potential … attracts the “urge to control” phenomenon … from a growing audience.

It’s not easy to let the wind take your seed and deliver it to it’s destined place and time of germination.

Today, if one is not willing to traverse the globe in search of wisdom(philosophy) … one’s life becomes chained to a desktop … ergo a desktop philosopher … not a comfortable circumstance. Digital contact is no substitute for eye contact.

The fruit of desktop philosophers is abundantly manifested on this forum … in various forms of hostility.

pilgrim-seeker_tom

That is very true . . . I have been guilty of hostility myself.

:cry:

But things are looking up . . .

Kind regards,

Aaron

Aaron … maybe it’s a consequence of “looking up”. :slight_smile:

To UP’s seed …

Seems to me people make suggestions that align with their present circumstances as much as their personal preferences.

In my current circumstances I suggest we meet in Qufu for introductions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qufu

If it goes well we can jog over to Mount Tai.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tai

I detect a serious divide between apparent and narrative thesis of project-(i-on)-to something?

But relax, the mild philosophical animosity that pops up here and there-HERE-is mere child’s play next to current horrifyingly real world events. For that reason alone i’ d rather bury myself in the ivory towered shelter of ILP… Even considerd throwing myself into KP’’ s Dungeon.

Fuck it.
Im plugging it again.

These are registrations of some encounters with philosophers I discovered on the internet and went to visit.
It want always smooth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVOd4tcvis[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VjDVjiQYY[/youtube]

What the hell happened.jpg[b]

[/b]

What the hell happened.jpg

My vote…no kids.

Fixed Cross wrote:

You can’t be both the animals in the zoo and the guardians of the zoo. It is just not in harmony with reality.

Why don’t you all just find a neat spot on the beach~ different ones every day - roaming gypsies - and become philosophical beach bums. Just imagine the inspiration which can come from those waves, the ocean, the seagulls.

Yeah, that’s exactly how I imagined Faust would look like in real life. Well, for whatever reason I imagined him with an aging grey beard and black thick rimmed glasses with a tobacco pipe as a sort of quasi liberal armchair neckbeard philosopher. Close enough…

Mjuh.

Chess, of course. There must be a perpetual chess tournament.

Also a metal shop, a forge.

[b]

[/b]

Just got back from a playful and joyful encounter with the ocean … yes there is only one ocean.

While I spent an hour or so in the water … the word ‘encounter’ seems appropriate. A person can never become “one” with the ocean.

Likewise with people … an individual can never become “one” with an ‘other’ individual … our isolation can never be totally shattered.

Today’s ocean experience triggered some new thoughts that are relevant in this thread.

1. Humans love ‘encounters’ … with fellow humans, animals, trees, mountains, ocean … just about everything that cohabits the planet. Some encounters lead to lifelong relationships with the “object(s)” of the encounter.

2. The intensity of an encounter is … to a significant degree … a function of a) the number of our senses engaged in the encounter. b) the intensity of engagement of each sense. Walking on the ocean floor, floating effortlessly on the surface, drifting effortlessly completely submerged … each activity producing a different sensation … feeling.

The same logic applies to human encounters. A digital contact must necessarily be weaker(less intense) … and consequently embody less potential … than a face to face contact … the essence of UP’s seed.

Proximity to the ocean is indeed a catalyst for philosophical thought.

Resistance is manifestation of movement … as in movement of UP’s ‘seed’ towards germination … resistance is encouraging indeed.

Resistance authenticates the potential embodied in a ‘somethang’ … yuge resistance = yuge potential.

This phenomenon is self evident in today’s geopolitical events.

I’m encouraged by the timid response … a sure sign of genius. :slight_smile:

Haha
theres something to that.
It largely depends on who proposes the community who will want to show up.

That UP/Trixie is proposing it bodes well for aggressive, talented and somewhat crazy artists, and less so for more adapted people.

That said, I think if a thing like this is to generate revenue, it must consist of talented and aggressive people; well-adaptedness generally gives complacency and boringness, which isn’t marketable, so we couldn’t sustain ourselves let alone grow.

“The Philosophers” have been pumping a dry well for some time now … perhaps it’s time to look for the “fountain” … not a task for the faint hearted … though lurking in the shadows is OK too. :slight_smile:

Mjuh.

lol I have no understanding of that word or whatever it is.

:mrgreen:

pilgrim-seeker_tom

Many have their heads in the sand. I am sure that you are aware of this already . . .

Oh so true . . . so so true . . . sometimes it makes me feel like I just want to give up and move to a deserted island.

:-k

[b]

[/b]

Aaron … seems like a practical first step.

In such circumstances you will be compelled to face your “isolation” … you will be rid of all the illusions … illusions that suggest it’s possible in this life to forget … at least temporarily … your “isolation”.

Mitigating the reality of “isolation” is what humans conjure up ad infinitum … the discomfort of our built in “isolation” is simply unbearable.