Plan of ILP

[b]

[/b]

From 9 to 9 ??? :slight_smile:

Excuse my intrusion … my first impressions were obviously off the mark … this is sounding more like a recreation project.

Im gonna stick to the perspective of getting financed.
I would like it to have some luxuries. Im not gonna fight on this, we’ll see what we manage. Ill show up at a more primitive site as well, but I feel its legitimate to aim for a place of comfort.

This social problem is one of the reasons Id like a boxing ring. A lot of tensions could be amusingly resolved. Of course Satyr would never enter such a ring, but others may be persuaded.

Imagine a boxing ring with a campfire and music - I think that is a great setup for proper living.

I agree with pilgrim tom, it should simply be a living quarters rather than a thing that closes at night (most of us tend to be awake at night for long periods), and people should be able to stay there indefinitely. Probably someone who stays indefinitely would have some tasks, if he isn’t paying.

Also, there needs to be accessibility to roads and a city with an airport and supplies. Dig a well or collect water in few cisterns, there’s no public utilities outside towns.

The main issue needs to be our pride -
what is the reason the we are entitled to such a community,
what makes it worth it for the world -
I want us to be compelled, forced to broadcast philosophical discussion and discourse and disseminate theory and method into the world at large, like Breitbart does for the Conservative Right, this would do for the Philosophical Center. We have enough weird and radical personalities with attractive traits to do this. Seriously, imagine how much fun to could be to watch us try to make sense of things if there is a given set of circumstances in play, such as fire, music and sparring, and fill in the blanks.

So yeah, that would make us into animals in a zoo, in a sense - but we would also be the guardians of the zoo, and there aren’t any fences. Its just people looking in on what we give them to look at.

:-k 8-[

Im not talking about megalomania, Im addressing the question of dharma.
In order to acquire value, one must be of value.

This can be very valuable to ones well being, to be of value to a great number of others.

I do honestly think that this site has enough to offer after the past years - we’ve become somewhat battle hardened, and “we” 've got Trump into office. I have experienced that night as the most holy one of my worldly life, well, as the first experience of worldly life that gave me the feeling of us all being anointed into a higher realm. Because Trumps election so flawlessly represents the principle of self valuing, valuing the world in terms of his self valuing so as to acquire power over it, of setting the terms and becoming a new standard - all that literal VO stuff - I have been vindicated in my ambitions to a good degree already - the apparently chaotic testosterone driven legislative paradigm that now its opening up is precisely what philosophy needs to eventually insert itself into the metaphysics of politics, as a replacer of ideology.

Now even our division into Jews, Nazis and Trannies will become fantastic asset. Who can compromise us? This is how atoms work. No one puts as much pressure on an atom as the parts of the atom on each other.
The only danger is becoming too big too fast. Goals and danger, hard to distinguish when you’re gathering momentum.

:-"

Still quite a while to go before such a thing could materialize -
I do believe well be in for some shocking events next year.

In time, I will less and less seem to have been ranting.
The only way a thing like this could work is if it bridges the antipathies between us, and this would require an outward move for power, a shared value, which is almost always simply the growth of power and self-valuing.

I have no idea if I actually want this -
but I can somehow see it happen now. Only under very edgy conditions, though. I don’t see us just hauling wood and water and being contented little campers.

:auto-checkeredflag:

Well, it’s still in the brainstorming stages, nothing is set in stone.

Noted. However we need only be nearby a village or town with some necessary supplies, not a big city.

I like the boxing ring idea, it puts a damper of the giant egos of ILP and teaches people some much needed humility.

Sounds good to me.

I’m not suggesting a city within a ten minute drive, but you need to be accessible to out-of-towners and those from other countries if you want to attract all minds, from all over the globe…they have to have a way to you that is legitimate…roads and an airport that accommodates commercial flights which requires access to a city not too far away.

[b]

[/b]

UP … you have seeded a “somethang” … a valiant accomplishment.

Seems to me the act of seeding a “somethang” … especially a “somethang” that embodies yuge potential … attracts the “urge to control” phenomenon … from a growing audience.

It’s not easy to let the wind take your seed and deliver it to it’s destined place and time of germination.

Today, if one is not willing to traverse the globe in search of wisdom(philosophy) … one’s life becomes chained to a desktop … ergo a desktop philosopher … not a comfortable circumstance. Digital contact is no substitute for eye contact.

The fruit of desktop philosophers is abundantly manifested on this forum … in various forms of hostility.

pilgrim-seeker_tom

That is very true . . . I have been guilty of hostility myself.

:cry:

But things are looking up . . .

Kind regards,

Aaron

Aaron … maybe it’s a consequence of “looking up”. :slight_smile:

To UP’s seed …

Seems to me people make suggestions that align with their present circumstances as much as their personal preferences.

In my current circumstances I suggest we meet in Qufu for introductions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qufu

If it goes well we can jog over to Mount Tai.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tai

I detect a serious divide between apparent and narrative thesis of project-(i-on)-to something?

But relax, the mild philosophical animosity that pops up here and there-HERE-is mere child’s play next to current horrifyingly real world events. For that reason alone i’ d rather bury myself in the ivory towered shelter of ILP… Even considerd throwing myself into KP’’ s Dungeon.

Fuck it.
Im plugging it again.

These are registrations of some encounters with philosophers I discovered on the internet and went to visit.
It want always smooth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVOd4tcvis[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VjDVjiQYY[/youtube]

What the hell happened.jpg[b]

[/b]

What the hell happened.jpg

My vote…no kids.

Fixed Cross wrote:

You can’t be both the animals in the zoo and the guardians of the zoo. It is just not in harmony with reality.

Why don’t you all just find a neat spot on the beach~ different ones every day - roaming gypsies - and become philosophical beach bums. Just imagine the inspiration which can come from those waves, the ocean, the seagulls.

Yeah, that’s exactly how I imagined Faust would look like in real life. Well, for whatever reason I imagined him with an aging grey beard and black thick rimmed glasses with a tobacco pipe as a sort of quasi liberal armchair neckbeard philosopher. Close enough…

Mjuh.

Chess, of course. There must be a perpetual chess tournament.

Also a metal shop, a forge.

[b]

[/b]

Just got back from a playful and joyful encounter with the ocean … yes there is only one ocean.

While I spent an hour or so in the water … the word ‘encounter’ seems appropriate. A person can never become “one” with the ocean.

Likewise with people … an individual can never become “one” with an ‘other’ individual … our isolation can never be totally shattered.

Today’s ocean experience triggered some new thoughts that are relevant in this thread.

1. Humans love ‘encounters’ … with fellow humans, animals, trees, mountains, ocean … just about everything that cohabits the planet. Some encounters lead to lifelong relationships with the “object(s)” of the encounter.

2. The intensity of an encounter is … to a significant degree … a function of a) the number of our senses engaged in the encounter. b) the intensity of engagement of each sense. Walking on the ocean floor, floating effortlessly on the surface, drifting effortlessly completely submerged … each activity producing a different sensation … feeling.

The same logic applies to human encounters. A digital contact must necessarily be weaker(less intense) … and consequently embody less potential … than a face to face contact … the essence of UP’s seed.

Proximity to the ocean is indeed a catalyst for philosophical thought.

Resistance is manifestation of movement … as in movement of UP’s ‘seed’ towards germination … resistance is encouraging indeed.

Resistance authenticates the potential embodied in a ‘somethang’ … yuge resistance = yuge potential.

This phenomenon is self evident in today’s geopolitical events.

I’m encouraged by the timid response … a sure sign of genius. :slight_smile: