Why there is belief in an afterlife

Near death experiences are case studies in the field of medicine. BOOYAH! Smacked down! :evilfun: :laughing:

That may be so but the personal testimony of those who claim to have had them does not constitute evidence since
it cannot be verified independently. Now science can still investigate it but it just can not establish any conclusions

No, it can provide a statistical baseline of what is typical. You need to read Wiki with more discernment. :evilfun: :wink:

Yes it can but it is not evidence because it is purely a mental experience
A statistical baseline for it is good but it cannot be regarded as scientific

How is it purely a mental experience separate from the brain when you say that that is not possible? You need to pick a side and stay on it.

Near Death means the patient is still alive so it is not a mental experience separate from the brain

Many of the patients are pronounced dead but return from death, but this is where your honesty stops for six minutes after the heart stops without the aid of CPR and brain death is pronounced, if someone returns naturally without said CPR, science had the number of minutes wrong. That’s what you’ll say, science didn’t have that right.

No that is not at all what I will say or actually have said which is this : science does not yet have the answer to explain this phenomenon
And so all one can do in the meantime is be patient and avoid making assumptions. Can you be patient till the day you die Wendy. I can

No, I want to prove you wrong now! :evilfun: :laughing:

I have no problem with that but I do not think that it will be happening in my lifetime
I will be sleeping the sleep of the dead long before then so it will make no difference

Again, your biological body will suffer an expiration, but your consciousness will carry on and I’ll look you up after this go’round of human life.

You are only saying that because you want it to be true not because it is true
You should therefore try and understand that they are not actually the same

Why do you deny me my belief when you have no evidence that I am mistaken? I’ll still be searching you out after we transition out of our human forms.

When I die I will have no more need for my consciousness and so you can have it if you want to
I will be spending the rest of time sleeping the never ending sleep of eternity so sweet dreams

I guess we’ll see, won’t we? :evilfun: :wink: Not a moments Peace for you…I’ll make certain. :astonished: :laughing:

You have asked me this before. You seem to be very concerned about what I think about what you believe but you can believe whatever you want to
It makes no difference to me. All I am saying is I do not believe what you do and am giving you reasons why that is. So can you please stop asking me

But the reasons you give are not supported by any scientific evidence and that is what you say your reasons are based on.

My reasons are based upon lack of evidence to support what you think is true when it clearly can not be demonstrated
And yet again you do appear to be overly concerned with what I think about what you believe which you should not be

You have no contradictory evidence to support your beliefs either which is what you cannot admit to.

One cannot find evidence to support a negative position only a positive one
Unless evidence can be found the negative position remains the default one