Why there is belief in an afterlife

I’m deflecting because when you need to become personal, it indicates to me a loss of your original argument and point.

I’ve driven after drinking, but varying amounts. I have only over drank once in my lifetime, and did not drive then.

But this is all beside-the-point, isn’t it? You’re questioning my moral compunction, as if I do not take account nor stock in my decisions in life? How else could I hold the view that I have, or make these points, on a mere whim? Ideals do reflect those that hold them. And even morality is a form of idealism, the want and desire to take control of your own life and choices. Not everybody is powerful in this regard, spiritually.

Hence why 99.99% of humanity seeks authority, gods, abrahamism, and other proxies and scapegoats to rid themselves of guilt, vileness, evil, bad thoughts, junk, and spiritual rot.

Anyway, my point still stands. It is most moral of all to reject all these notions that humanity receives “reset buttons” from divinity when something bad, embarrassing, stupid, vile, or atrocious happens. There are no reset buttons.

As I said, “Nature” remembers everything, no effort or energy required. The fossils, the dead, the bones, are all under our feet, although most forget this, and have become detached (forgetful) about their own roots and origins.

nonsense. All classical music stemmed from christian romanticism and fantasy delusions of a better world. Fantasy is how whites gain their power.

second of all, you have no idea whether or not we die or live. if we were born for no reason without asking to be born, you are expecting eternity to give us an infinite amount of nothing and some how preventing a birthing from ever happening again. Where is all this infinite force required to stop events that casually happen?

thirdly, a belief where we only have one life is the most nihilistic one of all, what incentive is there to have a family or contribute to this shitty planet at all if you are never gonna have to experience its shittiness for more than one finite moment? in a paradox kind of world where everyone only has one life, but is living in separate, paradoxial informations sets where none will ever intersect with the other, a kind of paradox solipism, of which hypothetical babies will be born which for all an intents and purposes, are not conscious, have never been conscious/will never be conscious and yet are at the same time, conscious according to themselves and according to themselves you are not conscious nor never will be/never have been.

fourthly, the thing i agree is that most christians suck and are hypocrits and suck at the scientific method because they put faith over observation.

Wendy please understand that science is primarily an inductive discipline which means that it deals in probable truth rather than absolute truth
When something is found to be wrong it is corrected as that is how science advances but errors are inevitable because scientists are only human

Philosophy is personal to me cuz I live mine. You don’t get to decide what it means to be drunk when you are inebriated. Buzzed is drunk now, but back in my 20’s that wasn’t the definition of too drunk to drive.

I questioned your ability to be forthright first and you failed my test. If you take responsibility for your decisions why not say what they were and how you’ve learned? Instead you deflect as if I will hide my truth like you.

Answer the question…enough with the excuses that you use as your evidence when it fits your purposes rather than reality.

You lack understanding. Musical ideals and theories can become realized through practice and performance. Ideal becomes real. Nihilistic ideals have no realization. There is no making the “afterlife” real. That is nonsense.

It’s obvious whether we live or die. You’re the one “without an idea” about that. Are you seriously implying to me that you don’t know the difference between life or death?

lol no

Sex feels pleasurable, to fuck a woman, as the instinctive instigation that forces men to chase after women. The results, the aftermath, the responsibility of childbirth and weening, is ingrained in female genetics (XX chromosome pair).

It seems to me that you’re merely complaining about your own life’s lack of meaning, value, and purpose. But as I said elsewhere, your lack of value does not account for others. Being male, you have no choice but to create your own value in life, or don’t. Remain valueless. Males have this “choice”. Females are born with inherent value (manifest as sexual attractiveness). As you admitted already, males are not really sexually attractive. At least, not as women are. It’s categorically different. No “equality” involved.

I deflect because your “point” sucks and is an inferior argument. It’s not really an “argument” at all.

It’s an ad hom fallacy. And I don’t mind using fallacies against the fallacious. You started it.

So it’s okay for you to throw your fallacious judgy labels around, but not to live up to your own high standards? You are morally inferior to your truly. :evilfun: :laughing:

Perhaps.

Have you been judged unfairly? Or did something I say ring all too true?

Unfairly, as a God believing, nihilist which for some reason doesn’t make any sense to me. I shouldn’t have read all those different definitions.

Oh, you are most definitely morally inferior, but you are still young and have time to make amends and redeem yourself. :evilfun: :wink:

The universe was in existence for over 13 billion years before we came along so the rules were already long in place. And if you dont like them there is not much
you can do about it. The Second Law Of Thermodynamics isnt going to magically disappear just because you want to live forever. For that is not the way it works

Having just one life should make you appreciate it more not less so stop your moaning and go do something before its too late

There is no reason to be afraid of death once your life ends since you cannot experience death anyway even if you wanted to

Also how do you know that you would have a better life just because you could live for longer or for ever
You could end up living a worse life than the one you have now so be grateful you only have one after all

Science is not perfect as it sometimes gets it wrong and I am not making excuses here so I hope you are happy with this

So, let me get this straight, you believe in the scientific proofs enough to call my beliefs non-realistic based on what science verifies, but not enough to quote what’s verified when asked, when it matters to a discussion? That’s dishonesty there Bub.

What is entirely non realistic is the notion of astral projection which you very clearly believe in and for what there is no scientific evidence at all
What is more realistic is the notion of consciousness surviving in some form after brain death even though science currently has no answer for this
There is no dishonesty here at all Wendy since I will accept anything as being true if there is actual evidence for it regardless of what it actually is

Anecdotal evidence based on testimony is a valid part of the scientific method. There is a great deal of anecdotal evidence regarding astral projection particularly in the cases of near death experiences. You are quite wrong that there is no evidence regarding astral projection and quite dishonest in what you consider valid scientific evidence.

This is completely wrong. In science there is no such thing as anecdotal evidence. Personal testimony that cannot be verified is not scientific
Anything that only happens within the mind cannot be scientifically validated as it cannot be independently observed. So there can never be
evidence for astral projection or any other purely mental experience

=D> You may have just proven that you are not conscious. :evilfun: :wink:

I should also say not being able to provide evidence for some thing does
not mean it is not true but evidence is the only way to determine if it is

Near death experiences are case studies in the field of medicine. BOOYAH! Smacked down! :evilfun: :laughing: