Why there is belief in an afterlife

same here. i would also like to put a one sided board above them to see if they could correctly report what was on the otherside of the board.

thing is, when one brain dies there are other brains for it to go to, thus your conclusion is logically unsound.

i do however support your enthusiasm for more research in proving out of body experiences are real or fake.

I would love nothing more than providing this proof you need, but you might try to explain it away with lucky guessing or coincidence.

science requires repeated experiments, if this is repeated over and over the science is proven. and yes their are lying douchebags out there who make up fake experiments and also douchebags who are paranoid of those douchebags and accuse everything of being fake.

Is science patient? I don’t know. It took me years to astral project one time. Would science wait?

Well if people who astral projected weren’t morons, they would put boards above their heads with a random playing card to see if they can observe the card before they see it.

If people who ran hospitals weren’t morons, they would put boards with secret words above dying patients in order to verify the authenticity of so-called out of body experiences.

Has it actually been proven and verified that a particular person who was brain dead for a particular period of time (I dont know what the official numbers would be) came back to life?
I know that one’s heart can stop for a time and then start beating again but a brain? I don’t know.

Why do you doubt this?

I very clearly stated that science does not yet have the answer to that particular question but over time may

Please stop making evidence free assertions and passing them off as truth statements

listverse.com/2013/07/19/10-peop … -the-dead/ Many of these cases have to do with the person’s body being refrigerated and then regaining consciousness. That in itself is freaky. Does the refrigeration give the body time to adapt to repairing itself by slowing all its processes down?

17 hours in this report telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … hours.html

Science has all the time in the world Wendy and will be here long after we have gone so is very patient indeed

Long after humankind has gone extinct…only God, angels, and our souls will be left.

I meant when one has actually been pronounced dead, when all brain function has ceased, not just the heart.

I don’t think that we can actually think of God in terms of human attributes or language like conscious or consciousness. You said it yourself - God doesn’t have a brain.
You’re thinking in human terms, Wendy.

Can we have an experience of what we believe to be touched by God? Yes, but can we know God, about God? How can we?

Maybe the criteria for determining permanent brain death is only reliable
for most of the time rather than for all of the time as ideally it should be

Okay, this thread is called belief in an afterlife.
What you just gave, Wendy, is your belief but it isn’t necessarily reality or the way it’s going to turn out.
But we are all entitled to our beliefs.

That’s Clinical Death Wendy. That’s not what I am talking about.

[b]According to wikipedia.org, clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, the two necessary criteria to sustain life. This is what you call cardiopulmonary arrest, a period when a person’s heartbeat and breathing stop but can still be revived if early medical attention is given.

On the other hand, brain/biological death occurs four to six minutes after clinical death. This is due to the fact that the heart is the main pumping machine of the body, and without the blood coming from the heart, the brain will gradually cease to function until it achieves irreversible damage. This is when the doctor will formally or legally declare that the person is dead as the neurological damage to the person is really impossible to reverse.

A person can be clinically dead but can still exist with the help of artificial life support. This is the best time to consider the option of organ donation. Technically, the patient is already dead but the organs are still functioning. Once the life support is taken off, the whole body will start to deteriorate and cease its functions permanently. Brain death, either of the whole brain or the brain stem, is used as a legal indicator of death in many jurisdictions.[/b]

Has anyone returned from Brain Death? That’s the end of the line.

If the brain is not getting oxygen for six minutes, that is brain death. I don’t know how many rounds of CPR the hospitals do or how many times they shock hearts but that would depend on the patients age and odds of recovery. Were my examples not dead enough for you?

The universe and existence “remembers” everything. A single human does not. If you want proof of this then just dig around in the dirt a little bit. Fossils, bones, sediment, life and death are cycles of Nature. To believe in “one life” and “the afterlife” simply reeks of judeo-christian indoctrination and childishness. It’s immature and unwise. The pagans were more accurate and true. Christianity in particular fears death so much that average humans cannot deal with that. Humanity cannot accept “one lifetime”, so invented the ideal, the dream world, the nihilistic compulsion, that “we all get to live again in paradise”.

It’s obviously false, but, too appealing for the slave castes to let go. Hence you types are addicted to the notion that “I get to live again and again and again”. You don’t. You get one lifetime. And if you fuck it up, then that’s the end of it. You don’t have a sense of morality. Because if you did have a sense of morality, then you would begin to see and realize how important it is, “if” you have one lifetime. Consider the idea. You have one lifetime, and so does everybody else. Can you then realize how powerful decisions are in life? That you affect others, and are affected by others?

You go drunk driving, “just one time”, and kill somebody? You destroyed a lifetime. No resets. No “afterlife”.

End your christian-jewish nihilistic tendencies!!! You are immoral to believe in “after life” and fantasy worlds! It’s absolutely immoral to believe in these judeo-christian notions of abrahamic god, that “god” takes care of everything for you. That you are not responsible for yourself, your life, your actions.

It’s complete cowardice and decadence. The opposite of “morality”. This is why christianity-judaism-islam are all nihilistic inversions. They claim to be moral, but they are all, at heart, deeply immoral and irresponsible.

Have you ever operated a motor vehicle with alcohol in your system, Urwrong?