Why there is belief in an afterlife

Wendy wrote:

What religions?

It is definitely not scriptural, in fact it is referred to as Satanic in the scriptures.

Are you aware of this?

I thought you were going to seriously look into astral projection. What did you do, read a few Wiki links?

Where are the Satanic scriptures that refer to astral projection? As far as I can tell, Christians consider voluntary astral projections occult/witchcraft/sorcery…blah, blah, blah. However, involuntary astral projections such as Near Death Experiences are completely acceptable. Christians can sure be idiots sometimes.

Here are a couple scripture passages about out of body experiences that do not read Satanic.

Astral projection is discussed in all major religions, Hindu, Islam, American Indian, Buddhism, Egyptian, Judaism, among others…but you’ll have to do your own homework if you truly wish to learn anything. Even 20,000 year old ancient cave walls depict astral travels in petroglyphs.

That may be so but it does not make it true. What is definitely true however is that the mind can experience higher states of consciousness
And so called astral projection is just one way that occurs. But there is no projection as such happening outside of the mind for what would
be doing the projecting. Anything that is happening is within the mind

I wanted to find out more about ‘religions’ that accept astral projection and this is one I found. Is this accurate according to what you believe?

An unexplained phenomenon may make a good story, but does not give us truth.

I didn’t refer to Wiki and why would I? These sources are merely subjective human accounts or interpretations based on what we can discover with our finite minds. I initially referred to the Scriptures where it warns explicitly against occult practice, or sorcery, in Galatians 5:19-20.

In the King James Version 1 Corinthians Chapter 15, if you read the verses before and after verse 44, (the reference you gave) you will understand that 1 Corinthians Chapter 15 verses 42 to 47 is speaking essentially about the resurrection of the body.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

[i]It is sown a natural body; such a body as all living creatures have by nature. Our carnal nature.
Raised a spiritual body; spiritual, not as to the substance of it, but in respect of the qualities and conditions of it. see Matthew 22:30 which is a cross reference.

[/i]
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Wendy wrote:

If you read all of Ezekiel 8 v 1-4, in all of the visions or prophecies, for example, The book of Revelation, or John’s vision and the prophecies or visions of the Old Testament prophets, including the prophet Ezekiel’s vision all were told that this was a revelation from the Lord, and was directly from the mouth of God.

Ezekiel 8 v 1-4 KJV

1And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me. 2Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber. 3And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy. 4And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

20,000 year old. New Age doctrine?

astral projection which is training your soul to leave your body and travel around

I think it should first be established that the soul actually exists otherwise training it might be a tad superfluous

New Age teaches that we are basically good and inherently divine and ultimately we can create our own reality

We may be basically good but we are not inherently divine and any reality we do create is only within our minds so is not actual reality as such

Can you list these Satanic references in the scriptures?

What is the proper Biblical definition of witchcraft?

The aspects that I highlighted in red may have a two-fold purpose: First, behave as the angel, Jesus, in the flesh, second, behave as the angel, Jesus, in the spirit. Astral projecting properly is behaving as Jesus in the spirit.

What about near death experiences…satanic practices of witchcraft and sorcery?

This astral projection phenomena is addressed in all religions because it actually occurs in reality. Instead of looking at any of the other larger, more accepted religions, of course you would pull upon an obscure new age religion and try to make a joke of ancient religions (20,000 BC.) being new age.

I’m a skeptic of how narrow-minded most Christians are when they read the Bible and extrapolate to serve their exclusionary endeavors, excluding other folks who behave more like Jesus than themselves.

It is addressed in religion because it is taken as a given that the soul actually exists and has got absolutely nothing at all to do with reality
Religion is the last place I would look for an understanding on what occurs in reality because its record to date is way less than impressive

Without your soul (conscious spark of life), you wouldn’t exist s57, so you are your own proof. If you cannot explain your conscious spark of life with facts then you know less than those who acknowledge their souls as their source of life giving energy.

Also religions are the oldest history books, even hieroglyph and petroglyph recordings depicting everyday life in a religion.

Near death experiences are understood by neuro science. And can be explained exclusively in terms of brain function. No religious or spiritual explanation required
Satan is a metaphor for evil and even some Satanists [ though not all ] do not think he actually existed. But while he did not exist there are witches who do. Not all
are from the dark side since there are also pagan ones who worship nature and do good. However associating Satanists or black witches with evil is just pure stereo
typing. For the fundamental philosophy of Satanism is to do as one wishes without harming others without justification. It is protected by the First Amendment the same as every other belief system is. As indeed it rightfully should be

How does science state that a brain will be rendered medically dead in so many minutes, say five minutes, then the person from the near death experience survives well beyond the five minute cut-off? Not only does that one person survive, but others do as well, 8 minutes, 12 minutes, 30 minutes? Is science wrong or are we speaking of forces beyond science?

Life can be explained by biology Wendy and nothing else. No medical or scientific text book mentions souls
A woman does not need one to get her pregnant or else she would be waiting for a very long time if she did

Religion is historical but it is not history as it references many things that could simply never have happened

Explain your life energy then s57, where in biology does it come from?

Science is always incomplete which is why it does not know the answer to everything but new knowledge is always being discovered
Suppose it finds the answer to this within your life time will you accept it or will you still think that there is some other explanation

So you have no answer, no explanation, yet you condemn my beliefs which are based on my actual experiences as wrong, non-realistic? Let me know when reality okays your existence.

You mean life energy in a spiritual sense but I do not believe in that type of energy at all as you know
But the energy that I know exists is physical energy such as electrical or magnetic or chemical energy

When you were conceived, what energy brought you to life?

I have no problem at all with what you believe Wendy. I just do not share those beliefs as you should know by now. We just have different ways of seeing the world
You have yours and I mine. I fully defend the right of anyone to believe or think whatever they want to long as they do not impact upon the freedom of anyone else to think whatever they want to. Just for the record I do not claim to know anything at all I just think I do. So I could easily be wrong about everything I think is true

Electrical and chemical energy that caused cells to multiply and increase in size
And energy from oestrogen that boosts the immune system of the foetus / baby

You, your consciousness, not your physical biological body.