Why there is belief in an afterlife

You can have an acid trip that convinces you you have left your body. You can have a Near Death Experience that does it too. Any altered brain state will. And so
why must astral projection be different? Do you think an observer watching you astrally project would actually see you leave your body? Do you think an observer
watching you trip or have an NDE would actually see you leave your body? I my self can very easily imagine leaving my body without tripping or NDEing or astrally
projecting. But I will still be inside my body when doing so. What is projecting here is the mind and only the mind. The body goes nowhere. It remains where it is

Some special folks believe because they literally see the the future. I have had a brief premonition.

Yes, the mind is the conscious soul and it has its own subtle body that travels outside of the physical body, but once it travels outside of the physical body it is no longer part of the Earth dimension and that is why it is not visible.

And what was that premonition. And how will you explain it away if is then shown to be false
And do you know of anyone else who has had one which turned out exactly as they predicted

I cannot understand why a soul cannot travel by itself but needs a body to travel in
Especially when something which is way simpler such as a photon can do it so easily

Consciousness is it’s own body, but I’m not sure of what it is made of.

I dreamed that I owned a white dog in a specific unfamiliar location when at the time of the dream, my son was a black dog. Owning a white dog disconcerted me so much that it made me remember that white dog dream. A year and a half or so later, my black dog died unexpectedly, I adopted a white dog, Joker and I met on ILP and moved in together into our own place…and that location was the location in which I saw the white dog for a second time as it actually unfolded as reality.

Let’s ask the folks here if they have had any precognitive/premonition-based experiences that they could share. Any such experiences people of ILP?

You think that consciousness is energy and so is that what it is made from

I like this but for me it is just coincidence and nothing else. You may have had many more dreams where nothing that happened in them had any bearing on reality

How is it a coincidence that I already recognized the dog and the building?

Possibly, but I need to project again to gather more understanding.

Dogs and houses are everyday things so dreaming about them is not unusual. Also you cannot be absolutely certain that the dog and house were exactly the
same as in the dream since they may have been different than what you imagined. You want the dream to be true so will not worry too much about details

I accept that consciousness exists and also that energy exists but not that consciousness is energy
I had no consciousness before I was born so will have none after I die as this is the only life I have
I therefore cannot accept the idea that it is forever but anyway I do not want to even live forever

You cannot leave your mind but you can reach such an altered state of consciousness that you can think you have
Any experience is by definition subjective so just thinking something has happened does not actually mean it has

When one dreams or trips what is happening is simply a mental construct and
nothing else so when one astrally projects what is happening is just the same

:evilfun: :laughing:

:evilfun: :laughing:

Do you think that I would actually see you leave your body if you started to
astrally project in front of me or would you simply remain within your body

You obviously think this is true but merely asserting something does not make it so. I think what happens to you when you
astrally project is that you experience an altered state of consciousness but your mind or soul do not ever leave your body

This is the only plane/dimension I know of so far where the soul with a meat bag to return to is invisible to a human eye (but white ghostly forms are not unheard of, those are souls too, but I’m not sure why they can be seen only after death). Souls have their own way of seeing when on other planes designed solely for their existence. Like I keep saying souls operate differently than human forms, so no, you wouldn’t see anything, not even me looking like I was dreaming (my eyes wouldn’t do the REM twitching, no sounds would escape my mouth, no movements other than shallow breathing), but I would appear serenely asleep.

Souls without a human bodies may be the only souls visible to the human eyes.