Expulsion

Would Truth cause entropy? Or would the lack of Truth cause entropy in our closed system?

I don’t know what you mean by “would truth cause…”. Truth is a language describing reality. Would knowing the truth cause entropy? That would depend upon which parts you knew and your situation. You can’t know all of it.

How can you not know all of it? Wouldn’t eternity give you the “time” to know it all? What if all sentient life knew all Truth, would there be enough reason to continue living indefinitely or would all efforts be directed towards escaping eternity?

WendyDarling

Unfortunately I know very little about the US, mainly because I am not from the US. I will be moving there next year so maybe I will learn something about the US.

I do however understand quite a bit about communication, so I have subscribed to this thread and hope to offer some significant input.

:smiley:

Well my communication skills are rough around the edges, but if you have suggestions for my refinement, I’m all eyes. :mrgreen:

WendyDarling

I think “we” are constantly refining each other; by “we”, I mean everyone we come into contact with, on, and hopefully, off, the forum.

When we encounter something that sounds terrible we experience what I call rational mismatch - anyhow. I will be thinking about this . . .

Not really significant input to the thread but very worthwhile considering:

From James’ signature:
Devil’s Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise… until it is too late to choose otherwise.

From My two cents in Gloominary’s thread - Modern Technology:
I worked out a long time ago that to beat your adversary you have to know your adversary . . .
. . . and be able to think like your adversary when or if the need arises.

From what James posted earlier in this thread and a few of my thoughts thrown in:

To do this you have to know the people that you want to impact. Usually this starts out by listening to them - difficult when they are talking rubbish I know but nonetheless people like to be listened to. By getting them onside you are then able to exercise influence.

Exactly. People are lost sheep as you know and common sense is dead. However while one person is able to exercise good judgement then we still have hope.

So true. I would also say that people need to know that you care. Not so easy to share the warmth these days, but do not lose hope - you have to stand by what you believe in, unless you know that something better has come along. Just the same:

Never give up!

How do you show the care for a population as opposed to the more intimate care shown to one person?

Why does this concept blow my mind? Is it so far removed from my mode of operation that even the thought of it overwhelms me? Or is it more that I’m not ready to apply myself…in strategy games against computer generated opponents? I know that their mode of operation is primarily, efficiency, but I rebel against their mode of operation and try to defeat them on my own terms only to get smacked down, with every tactic I try. Yes, sacrifice was not programmed into those opponents, so there is a bit of a leg up, but it always boils down to the damn efficiency of my maneuvers.

WendyDarling

I know some of the things I write seem peculiar . . .

Good question . . . easier than you think actually . . . I will get back to you on this . . . I will work on something more in tune with your good self.

It probably blows your mind because you are not a cunning person - I like that - and you should keep it far removed from your MO.
So why did I write it? The trick is to mirror your adversary - ever looked in a mirror and wonder why things appear backwards? If they are bad then you are good.

I believe a little bit of patience is in order though . . . another thing I like from James’ signature: The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living. Wisdom contains good judgement as far as I am concerned. I am happy to help with things I find agreeable - my reach extends beyond this forum.

What? :-k I have a bad self? :evilfun:

Being cunning would mean walking on the darkside where one has to be crafty to accomplish crimes against nature. Simple goodness always beats cunning in the end or is that just my positive, wishful thinking?

That was an awesomely intriguing sentence to write. Much thanks even for what you implied in my direction. :smiley: Now, what specifically does it mean? :-k

WendyDarling

Well you seem like a good person to me - hopefully phyllo does not mind me saying that :evilfun:

You heard . . . lol, I am kidding . . . we have all done things that could be considered messed up to others.
I think your heart is good. So, no to you having a bad self.

No it is not your wishful thinking - I do not care what anyone has to say about this. Good beats evil - simple.

Lol . . . yeah, I think you got the point.

:smiley:

Are you his brother or something? :laughing: Geez, I have a reputation…really? What’s that gossip been saying about our differences of opinion? :wink: :laughing:

You are not bad yourself, but every once in awhile I wonder if you are an AI bot. :-k No offense meant, truly, but crazy thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I can’t find my “off” switch. :evilfun: :laughing:

Thanks again Aaron. :smiley:

You are welcome WendyDarling.

Nah - I aint no bot.

The story of AI makes me laugh - I do not believe I ever stated my position on that . . . Hmm.

Maybe somebody can prove me wrong by twisting my words on me . . . who knows.

I was reading the rules of the philosophy forum and came across this: Sock Puppet Accounts.

That makes me wonder.

:-k

I am a software engineer. I work on compilers, interpreters and operating systems. I am against what is called AGI. Simple AI is kind of useful so I am on the fence about that. MI is the one that worries me the most.

I wonder why people need to use sock puppets.

Yes, why?

Had to look up AGI: adjusted gross income or (my favorite) American Gunsmithing Institute. What are AGI and MI?

WendyDarling

Artificial general intelligence (AGI) - also known as strong artificial intelligence.

MI - a reasonably new technology - Machine Intelligence - a model of the Neo Cortex.

When I said simple AI - I was referring to weak AI - the non-sentient kind.

Where’s the tipping point between weak and strong AI? What is the line of code that changes everything? :-k

True weak AI is dedicated to a single task. That makes it a mindless automaton. I do not want to derail your thread.

Yes, we have strayed. I’ll PM any further questions.

WendyDarling

If I may ask . . . who was it that was expelled in 1862? I can read up on it if I know who it is.