Why there is belief in an afterlife

Like going against nature, negating this life. But I’m thinking of the Christian afterlife which is absolute and which completely blunders what “eternity” is.

From WTP

“The places of origin of the notion of “another world”: the philosopher, who invents a world of reason, where reason and the logical functions are adequate: this is the origin of the “true” world; the religious man, who invents a “divine world”: this is the origin of the “denaturalized, anti- natural” world; the moral man, who invents a “free world”: this is the origin of the “good, perfect, just, holy” world. What the three places of origin have in common: the psycho-logical blunder, the physiological confusions. By what attributes is the “other world,” as it actually appears in history, distinguished? By the stigmata of philosophical, religious, moral prejudice. The “other world,” as illumined by these facts, as a synonym for nonbeing, nonliving, not wanting to live-- General insight: it is the instinct of life-weariness, and not that of life, which has created the “other world.” Consequence: philosophy, religion, and morality are symptoms of decadence.”

Why isn’t this the “another world?” What makes you think that you are mortal, that your consciousness is mortal, rather than just your human body?

Belief in afterlife means that you cannot accept reality i.e. that once you die you lose everything.
Once you start believing in afterlife then dying becomes easy because the consequences of death are then perceived to be positive.
It’s much more difficult to kill yourself when you know that by killing yourself you lose everything.

Earth is one reality, plane of existence, dimension, you only lose what it provides, not your actual self.

There is no afterlife, it’s all life, eternal, you just wear different bodies.

Immortality is no piece of cake. If you think “humanity” is insane now, try 4000 years from now. How long can a being live without going insane?

You lose your body and whatever your body supports.
It is true that you do not lose everything in the literal sense of the word.
For example, you can die but your children can continue to live.
Many philosophers died childless but their work continued to live.
All of these are earthly.
No need for heaven.

It has more to do with brain health, keeping it from oxidizing, living a happy and rewarding lifestyle, you’d be suprised.

It’s not about brain health, it’s about soul health…sorry.

So like…if you are immortal, and you drink a bunch of neurotoxin, your soul, will carry on, and you definitely won’t go insane?

The body supports the Earth experience, not all experience. You have no choice about your life being eternal, beyond Earthly and there are other dimensions/planes of existence, some more positive than others.

If your soul is ill, your human life will suffer it. Can a soul be fixed on its own? I say that your soul, your nature, is unchangeable…eternal. Human behavior can be changed, but does enacting rehabilitation on yourself actually change the fabric of who you are and how you think, feel, and react?

I think you just contradicted yourself.

The soul body resides inside of the human body. By harming your human body or other bodies, you are acting out the illness residing in your soul, thus insanity.

Be specific in the how.

You said the soul is ill, illness implies a condition different from the original state, also implies that souls can get ill, which directly contradicts your statement that souls are unchangeable.

Unless you mean that some souls are eternally ill, unfortunate souls which are damned and helled for no reason, just born damned.

Bingo. Defective…hope or hopeless? Damned perhaps for not fighting against their ill/defective nature. Remember actions speak volumes…but to who are we speaking with our actions? Ourselves (Don’t we already know ourselves?) or the Big Sky Daddy (Maybe the only one able to repair defects)?

Can a soul be overhauled without losing its essence? That I don’t know.

From what I understand, all souls are female. Men who don’t have the urge to fight just don’t have connection with their souls, in order for hatred and anger there needs to be fear or loss.
Also, I don’t believe there are such things as damaged souls, only damaged bodies and worlds, however I am uncertain of whether or not there are multiple souls (my finger analogy) or just one large and ignorant soul (incarnation and forgetting past lives).

There are multiple souls and they are male and female, but don’t ask me why. It seems that most everybody forgets their past lives. Eternity ain’t no joke and round and round we go until we get it right.

Male souls are by definition unconscious. Female means a receptivity, a sensing of input. Male is the input. Thus a male soul is an oxymoron, it doesn’t exist, since the soul is the seat of consciousness, and by extension, the seat of sensuality and emotion. An unconscious soul is like saying a square circle.

What you call “soul” or “spirit” is the shape of the essence of a body.

Male souls are triangular (edged). Female souls are circular (rounded). They have different shapes, which manifest into different bodies and behaviors.