Just out of curiosity....

Watching Rachel Maddow note similarities between North Korea’s war mongering leader Kim Jong-un and America’s war-mongering leader Don Trump.

Now, assuming he may well soon be scrambling for something to distract us from Robert Mueller’s Grand Jury investigation into possible collusion with Putin and the Russians [not to mention his tax returns], I can’t help but wonder [ominously] if perhaps one day soon he might get out of bed and order an invasion of North Korea. Unleashing a shock and awe military campaign “the likes of which the world has never seen.”

Leaving aside [for now] the “is/ought” aspects of this – is it the right thing to do? is it justified? – I’m more interested in zeroing in on the “either/or” part.

In other words, would it really be that easy? As Commander in Chief, can he literally just pick up the phone one day and order this attack?

Or, instead, are there safe-guards/procedures in place such that it can be slowed down — enough to at least generate reaction from the rest of us?

A good chunk of the human community ‘knows’ the current geopolitical balance is fragile. The same community ‘knows’ what happened in the past when the geopolitical reality of the day reached the current conditions.

Yet

How many people are acting on this knowledge … my guess is … very few.

Let’s imagine a horrific catastrophe comes to pass … the what? and where? is irrelevant with todays’ technologies and integrated economic/financial systems.

The second after … one second after … the human community’s level of knowing will ratchet log-arithmetically higher … and chaos will reign everywhere.

Experience is superior to knowledge.

Iambiguous watches Rachael Maddow (MadCow)? Color me shocked…