Young Jobless Men And The Opioid Epidemic.

I got it back.

No, what caused you to have an encounter with the police?

Profiling. Or as a good lawyer might say, “There was no cause”.

Agreed on all points. Well said.

My friend got a DUI and the police just took her car. Like, permanently. It was just not her car anymore, I guess.

Yeah, fuck all this shit.

Took like 2 weeks and a lawyer to get mine back. Never impounded, just hidden at a field office for some detectives.

Took cabs for a day or two then just got a rental.

Most can’t afford a lawyer hence the judicial loophole.

(Crappy state funded public defender lawyers not withstanding.)

Maybe make friends with a lawyer instead. Even poor people can make friends.

I’m going to pretend you’re joking, here in the United States the upper professional class doesn’t make friends with all the paupers, serfs, and peasants. It’s simply beneath them and usually a bad precedent concerning a business model.

That might be true…but I bet you would agree that there’s too many lawyers in society…so I mean…make friends with one of them. It’s not like they’re scarce, and there’s so many that surely they must come from all walks of life…especially with all the URM, affirmative action stuff in higher education. And since there’s hardly any social or economic mobility in America, there’s gotta be a bunch of lawyers in every part of town. Most of them really don’t make the kind of money you see on tv.

I have a friend who is a lawyer. He is a little crazy psychologically, but a nice guy otherwise.

You have to be a little crazy to be a lawyer I think. Especially a criminal defense one.

What was that Shakespeare quote that involved killing all the lawyers?..

You just need to master the fine art of ass kissing. Egotistic people don’t mind, they like their egos stroked by people from all walks of life. :wink:

I don’t like kissing people’s asses and never was any good at it which is probably why I am at a disadvantage compared to most.

If the choice is to kiss the lawyer’s ass or to kiss the prison guard’s ass, I’ll take the lawyer.

99% of politicians are extreme narcissists who don’t care about anything besides money.

If you are angry at the world it helps to listen to System of a Down.

Agreed. And there is much good music to help with our catharsis in this regard.

Trump is probably the only politician we’ve ever had who doesn’t care about money-- because he already has it. He donates his paychecks, he handed over management of his company, and he has been very clear that the values at play now are greater than just greed. But small-minded, unsuccessful politicians usually are there to play the system to make more money and power/influence for themselves. And obviously Trump isn’t trying to do the latter either, he is always pissing people off and offending them, he enjoys it. So if he doesn’t need money, and doesn’t want power/influence, then what does he want? Simply to fix what is broken in our society. He was very clear about this before he even announced that he was running.

Sorry for the tangent. But this does all connect into the tragedy of young jobless and miserable men and the opioid epidemic.

“They’re trying to build a prison
For you and me to live in.”