A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Because eventually you’ll start preferring certain tasks over the others (the easier and more pleasant ones) and eventually you’ll turn into an intellectual or academic (basically, out of touch with reality) who thinks he’s too good For manual labor. (This is why I brought up the Jew, although I also stereotyped).
Hiring a plumber to fix your plumbing is not the same as doing the plumbing yourself. Delegating is not doing it, only paying for it and then taking credit for the work done, and I’ve seen a lot of that in the workplace and elsewhere. Did Cheops build the pyramid? I doubt he even lifted a single rock in his lifetime. Was Obama so great because he could come up with persuasive eloquent speeches? No, somebody else wrote them for him. The Jews have said that any animal can do manual labor but not anyone can think and that why they favor segregation of manual labor and intellectual work (or delegating as you say). To that I will say that even those who believe they are great thinkers are not necessarily even barely good thinkers. Sick or incompetent kind of thinking/imagining, even if creative, is not good thinking in my opinion, and a lot of that thinking is out of touch with reality because of this segregation. Thinking on paper or idealistically is not he same as implementing it in the real world. And then people wonder why such and such system fails (I’m talking about economic and political systems here)

All so true, Fuse, and be sure to teach your little ones that ~~ when they come into being. Well, not right away of course. They need to learn to walk first. :evilfun:

How are your clouds treating you?

Working ten hour third shifts suck especially if they’re rotating.

But I certainly do hope that you will have yourself a couple more of really good meals.
Those ARE important. :mrgreen:

I’m also likely to always come up on more drugs.

Yeah like bath salts, meth and salvia.

Found a bottle of acetaminophen in a trash can the other day. Opened it up last night to take some for a headache and found that somebody had stashed a sack of dope between the lid and the seal and probably threw it away forgetting that it was there.

You sound like a real winner. Why are you going through trash cans?

I found a full bottle of acetaminophen with dope in it. Why the fuck do you think?

Because you’re a homeless drug addict with a mild headache?

Yup. I also pick food out of the trash cans, even when I’m not starving. I sit for hours staring off into space, sitting in alleys or bushes.

When you’re sitting in alleys and bushes what do you do to preoccupy your time with?

Have you ever experienced walking into a room and seeing all the roaches randomly scatter away into all the nooks and crannies they can find as you turn on the light? Well, I think it’s the same way with humans as they come face to face with bare reality and their own being. It’s amazing just how much of human creativity is about providing buffer between reality and the self.

I don’t like it!! So?! What is it with this modem prissy attitude? Someone’s got an idea that life’s like being at a restaurant and going down a fucking menu. I like this, I don’t like that. It doesn’t always work like that in life, in fact, that would be an exception rather than the rule. If an enemy comes to your house will you say I don’t like this particular enemy I want another one, or why don’t you come in the evenings instead of mornings, when I’m ready. I’m seeing a lot of those picky challenge-seekers. Seeking custom challenges and then proclaiming themselves heroes and masters. Give me a break. There is a crucial difference between overcoming something you CHOSE to overcome and something you HAD TO overcome, because for the former you were ready beforehand, and the latter, the one you did not pick, is the one that really tested your abilities.

Well said.

I was just ranting. This seems to be a universal thing for the most part, and there’s not really much you can do about it except not to buy into it.

That rant of yours, Pandabear, really hit the mark. :wink:

Entirely natural behavior.
Indeed, the one who thinks that one can solve any kind of problem that is thrown at him is the one who is being severely delusional.
There are limits. Everywhere.
There is no such a thing as absence of limits.
The very concept is meaningless.
This means that each one of us has limits.
We can solve some problems, that’s true, but there are also problems we can’t solve.
What you’re doing here is you are looking down upon people who can’t solve problems that (presumably) you can solve.
You’d exhibit the same exact behavior if you were forced to deal with a problem that was outside of your capabilities.
In other words, you’d try to run away from it.
I bet you wouldn’t like it.

. I was not exempting myself from it, so there was no need to get defensive about it. Magnus, you’re the one trotting around here on a white horse in a dignified manner, telling everyone what’s what…objectively. I’m just hobbling along through life on my braying donkey the best that I can, staying close to the ground, and that works for me.
But thanks for pointing it out to me anyway, you can probably see much further from your horse.
hee-haw! Time to get moving.
See you around, Magnus.

:laughing: Funny image of you on a donkey, Pandabear.

Magnus, you have been trolling Pandabear ever since she interacted in the education thread, like she really upset you by being too callous for a female. What’s going on?