A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Obviously, there are reasons to do it. I didn’t mean it literally.
It appears Panda is very much against people who do not clean their houses on their own.

It has nothing to do with being above menial work in the sense of “I am never gonna do that”. Of course, when it becomes necessary, one would do well to perform such tasks. But when you’re in a position to dedicate yourself to higher tasks, which are by their nature as you say managerial, you’d do well to delegate them, I mean menial jobs, to other people.

I don’t see the problem. We do that all the time.

Did you make your clothes on your own?
Did you make your shoes on your own?
Did you build your house on your own?
Did you make your furniture on your own?
Did you make your devices on your own?
And when they malfunction, do you repair them on your own?
Did you install electricity in your house on your own?
Do you have your own power generator? Did you build it on your own?
Did you install water line on your own?
Do you have your own water source?
Do you produce food on your own?
Do you have a farm of your own?
When you get sick, do you treat yourself on your own?
When someone robs you, do you chase them down on your own?
Do you teach your kids on your own?
And so on and so forth.

It makes no sense to let other people teach your kids but refuse to let others clean your house.

I’m a prolific procrastinator, I admit being such.

Ideally, I would like to do all these things myself, and there was time when people did, and were self-sustaining in that sense. Now, nobody knows how to do anything and has to hire a ‘professional’ to do it for them. It’s actually very sad how little of the basic stuff people know. Nobody knows how anything works or how to repair anything, or build anything, we just throw the thing away or pay somebody else to make it again or repair it for us. Things used to last and people took care of them (and knew how to) and made them last. Now, everything is disposable, because learning how to fix it takes precious time and effort that could be used for nobler (?!) things, so it’s faster to just throw it away and buy a new thing, or hire someone else to worry about it. We are a consumer culture, and we really do not value the things we use, or are even aware of how much effort goes into producing things we consume or take for granted (because we have ‘better’ things to do and worry about).
And homeschooling your children is a better alternative to garbage public education.

Pandabear wrote

Exactly. Well put. I referred to this in another thread that today’s generation are talkers rather than doers. They don’t know jack. I can do all the basic services to my car other than putting on the oil filter. I can house paint, install carpet, install a toilet, a door, a floor, wallpaper, service a furnace, change out the inside components of a toilet, build my own desktop PC, etc. Well, it’s a long list of what I can do rather than what I can’t when it comes to basic stuff. Today’s generation don’t make life an adventure that they experience on their own, they live vicariously without common sense.

You’re probably not wrong.

Of course.

It is a nice thing to be able to do everything on your own. But how is that an argument against division of labor?
If you want to do things fast, if you want to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, then you need to delegate some of these tasks to other people.
If I want to clean my house and train my body within a very short period of time then, unless I have the supernatural ability to multitask between the two, to perform them seemingly at the same time, you have to divide the labor.
You get someone to clean your house and then you spend all of your time on training your body.
It’s almost the same as possessing and applying the aforementioned supernatural ability to perform multiple different task across different geographical regions at the same time.

Why is division of labor not self-sustaining?
Why is employing other people’s functions, instead of your own functions, not self-sustaining?

Want, want, want is not need. Fast, fast, fast is not living.

You think that people live fast for no reason?

For no good reasons, yes. People with a bunch of kids have tight schedules so they are always in fast mode, but everybody else simply rushes for no good reason 99% of the time.

Speaking of earning a living I fucking hate working. I wish that I could collect a small fortune of money monthly for doing nothing at all. That’s like my ultimate dream occupation.

This whole rat race is bullshit, everybody knows it is bullshit. It is entirely without virtue or merit. A human being was not meant to work fifty hours plus a week.

What do you do for a living sir? Well, I sleep in everyday, collect an extensive gun collection, lounge around playing video games, read books, go travelling, go out to expensive restaurants, and I occasionally fuck my girlfriend. If I can find a way to live like that I’ll be the first in line.

There goes your answer, Arcturus.

They can justify it by saying that we all get caught up in their intense and insane rush and pace and they can destroy the happiness in our lives.

And then something and someone came along who did it better and to more degree to give them back every bit of the shit they forced it and him to eat and digest over the years. And they were every single one of you. The constantly shifting they of who to blame and who to free, when, where and… did you just stab me in the back again? Stabbity, stab, stab, but avoid the prisons and mental health facilities to want to live free and get caught up in mad insanity of those running away from the consequences of their actions to getting caught up too fast paced to think about anything, constant distractions, never think, never think; hate thinking; stockholm syndrome.

I could continue on in this strain if you want. I can cater to the insane who look sane, the fucked up that look normal and eschew all of reality that they can. Do I need to define the word Eschew for them? Yes massuh and yes boss, you didn’t ask me to jump, but how high should I jump anyway? Am I interpreting your unspoken wants correctly? Am I intuiting it right? it’s initiative, it is, boss, yessuh massuh.

es·chew
əsˈCHo͞o/
verb
verb: eschew; 3rd person present: eschews; past tense: eschewed; past participle: eschewed; gerund or present participle: eschewing

deliberately avoid using; abstain from.

All of human civilization revolves around Stockholm Syndrome in one form or another.

Now, cut the Humans out of the equation for egotistically trying to place themselves as greatest and apply that to all of reality and eternity, both life and death, afterlife and rebirth. All of Creation.

I’m almost always relaxing. I see these people out there and they look miserable.

I don’t understand them. They are the worst drivers too.

Asians are the worst drivers.

In general, Asians are pushy people…very rude and aggressive, so I can believe that their driving would further expose those facts.