What are you doing? (Part 1)

You lazy bastard. How could anyone possibly sleep 9 hours? Get off your ass.

I agree with Mr. Reasonable that nine hours is an hour to two hours in excess.

Seriously contemplating doing a stage rush at the Depeche Mode concert :evilfun: :laughing: , which would be hilarious since I doubt many of the older crowd make a run for it these days. :wink: A tribute to the good old days when women threw themselves at…

Dave Gahan, the God. Something to consider which would cover my bucketlist #31.

Long sleep is mandatory for maintaining healthy testosterone levels and proper cognitive and physical functioning. You’re clearly deficient in all these areas and a stark example of what happens when sleep is neglected.

You’re what us young men want to avoid becoming. An inspiration to us all.

We evolved to sleep from sunset to sunrise, but we’ve been tinkering with our sleep and food ever since we started using fire. Cognitively, I think sleep deprivation affect memory the first (I believe it’s short term memory) and there may be some merit to the notion that it affect hormones too. But like I said, we’ve been adopting to our environments for a long time now. Living in extreme latitudes would be a good example, where there is differing seasonal amounts of sunlight and food available, which should also interfere with sleep cycles. I’m guessing there would have been more sleep deprivation in summer, when the sun stayed up longer, providing more time for food gathering and storage; and the opposite would happen in winter when people tended to stay indoors and conserve energy.

[Man, I can just picture military commanders sending each other time-out notes because their troops didn’t get their 8hrs of sleep or 3 square meals a day. chuckles.]

The long period of adaptation you speak of is only 2 generations long. Not counting my generation.
Even my grandmother couldn’t stay late at night no matter how much she tried to.

Though I guess that only applies to me and certain others who are not as progressive.

Well, I suppose if you live in a country side with no electricity and you do not want to waste your lighting fuel, you might as well go to sleep when it gets dark.
But if you have access to electricity, and it doesn’t cost much to you, you can work on extra projects after dark or before it’s light out. In my experience, most country dwellers looked favorably to having access to electricity and hot running water, which entailed being able to do things after dark (like going out to see a movie or socialize with others).

Once the availability of electricity spread during the late 1880’s on, by 1920’s most households had it. Country folks might have had to wait another decade for all the power lines and stations to pop up which would make it four generations worth of a transition to the night light we have today. Hardworking country folks who are on the go since sunrise literally have no energy to stay awake at night. Every time I go camping, long laborious days, I crash at sunset.

Just finished watching The Killing…again.

youtu.be/tIxRm0jHWxk

how beautiful is this guy Holder!

Do it, Wendy!

When I was a massive Bowie fanatic I did some bizarre things to get as close as I could to him including dressing up as a cleaner to get into the green room (a tent behind the stage), sneaking into his hotel and pretending to be a guest sunning myself by the rooftop pool or drinking in the guests’ only bar. The only way to pay for drinks was to charge it to your room and, since we didn’t have a room, we made up a number and got smashed night after night on someone else’s account.

I made the mistake of telling a friend who was a large woman with enormous boobs, an ex-prostitute, a ‘card and palm reader’ and an alcoholic. Man, did she get us into trouble? I cringe when I think about it but it was so funny at the same time. She caused scenes with Jeremy Irons (the actor), Dire Straits and Bette Midler. Bowie stayed away from us. :cry: (Another friend snagged him and she wasn’t even a Bowie fan… but that’s another story).

Some of the funniest – and most excruciatingly embarrassing – things happen when you let you let your inner groupie out. Go for it, Wendy!!

These vids were filmed here but ended my Bowie infatuation. He had gone commercial. He had crossed over to the dark side.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus[/youtube]

Pretty wordy for a substanceless ad hom. Is that all you got?

YES!

:blush: :evilfun: YES! YES! YES!

Being amused. So I have a huge tote filled with PC games that date back to 1994 which Joker just ravaged in a blissful frenzy. “You’ve been holding out on me!” he kept repeating. “No, I told you that I had a lot of PC games, but you never asked to check them out,” I stated repeatedly. I think he left me to go to playland heaven. :laughing:

Spent more than four hours in the sun. Was around noon. Got a bad sunburn. Can’t recall the last time I got such a sunburn.

Magnus, you’re not evolved enough to be in the sun. Your inferior genetics make it where you have to stay in a cave. Your ancestors had to hide from the outside world because they were weak and so now you’re a pasty white fuck who can’t go to the beach.

That explains it.

Yeah man. Try and be more noble and maybe things will get better for you…if you even can with those crusty ass old genes you got from you frightened, cave dwelling ancestors who were afraid to go and fight dinosaurs because they were of low morals.

Adriatic is a beautiful sea. They have plenty of sun there, so really, sun people.

Got my raccoon eyes tan already so far (might deepen it more to dark cherry red tone to make the eyes pop out more). Still working on my farmers tan, but that one will be slow coming. Yeah, it sure will be something by the end of summer.

My face is fine. I can’t even tell if it’s sunburned or not. It appears it’s only tanned. It is my shoulder that got a nasty sunburn.
Note that I’ve been out in the sun between 9 AM and 4 PM with the peak temperature being 40 C.
Felt weak afterwards.