What are you doing? (Part 1)

?

If you are bedside for this impending death, what other emotions would be present that you are repressing? Why would you be reveling in sadness? Reveling…really?

What you are doing is gearing up for the loss of their presence in your life, working through your helplessness, your inability to save them, protect them, and keep them with you. You may also be forgiving yourself for continuing on and forgetting their impact on your life so viscerally after they go. Sadness is mourning on many levels for the past, the present, and the future.

Pride/Shame? I think Magnus is kind of guy who just holds himself to high standards. (That would sound like Magnus, too, a little on the uptight-side; but I guess to each his own)

High standards are code words for unresolved, control issues. Perfectionism is damning and short-sighted, too many people with potential are written off too soon.

I don’t know.
Perhaps paying close attention to the person dying?
To what you can do to make it easy for them?
To what’s going on around you?
To the consequences that will follow?

These are actions…not the emotions that are being repressed which was what I was asking for. I don’t disagree with your list, but that’s not what we were discussing…reveling is what we were discussing.

That’s the problem, there is no making the unknown, death, easier or less scary for the person passing.

Emotions are actions.
Or re-actions if you will.

Emotions are not actions or re-actions. Emotions inspire the will towards actions or re-actions. Emotions are the impetus for human existence upon which all else is built or created. Now back to your other repressed emotions?

When actions are not fully expressed they are experienced as feelings.
When a woman is sexually aroused by a man but she represses it, she experiences it as some kind of tension within the body.
When a man limits the expression of his sexual desire out of respect for some other more important inclination, he experiences it is a deep and pleasant feeling inside his body.
The former is repression, the latter is sublimation.

Everything is based on a feeling, every experience is underlined by an emotion, some are noticeably more powerful than others so as to seem to distract from thoughts/rationality, but they were there all along as a baseline of the operation to live.

We’re eating a taco dinner…laterz.

An emotion leads to an action, a release of sorts, I agree. Wouldn’t that be another form of expression, just not seen as a normal type of communication such as speaking our thoughts? Doesn’t what inspires us to move, to be, need the totality of our body, our being to respond? Emotions are that inspiration. Once a person can pinpoint their emotion, it is already too strong to be contained, so yes, it needs to be expressed through an action of release.

Binary mindsets are frustrating. :confusion-helpsos:

If I get a job I will barely have 5 hours per day that aren’t job-related.
9 hours of sleep.
8 hours of work.
3-4 hours of commute.
Unless I don’t sleep.

How can anyone sleep less than 9 hours?

You have to be really good at time management. A lot of time is wasted throughout the day in little chunks; those windows have to be used as much as possible, with little time wasted, so basically you have to plan your whole day. I’ve been experimenting with sleep also (I often work 12-16 hr shifts). If you need 9 hrs of sleep a day, you can still break it up (like 6+3, or 7+2). The body can hold off and will take what it needs as soon as it can get it. As long as it adds up to 9 (or whatever time your body needs) at the end of the day or soon thereafter, you should be fine. People say you need uninterrupted 9hrs every day, but for me I found it’s not necessary. However, if you’re short on sleep hours at the end of the day and for a few days, you’ll feel it (on super busy days, like after 20 hrs of work my body keeps going but my brain starts to slow down and I know that I’m reaching my limit).
Many people commute by bus and just sleep on the bus, that’s + 2-3 hrs of added sleep that your body needs. It may be uncomfortable, but when you have to prioritize this is what may be the best thing to do. I guess my point is that the body will adjust to whatever routine you have as long as its basic needs get met. [Maybe you can invest into an ostrich pillow too. It could come in handy. It’s stylish too! :wink:]

I read somewhere that da Vinci only took cat naps throughout the day, too.

Public transit is always a risk. Especially for me who has a trouble sticking to a routine. I need flexibility.
If I fall asleep on the bus I’ll wake up in another city.
Happened to me once.
My basic needs are already met.
I have food, shelter, etc.
I need a job only because I want to have children.

MA,
A job closer to home with less hours would give you more free time, but is that a possibility?

You lazy bastard. How could anyone possibly sleep 9 hours? Get off your ass.

I agree with Mr. Reasonable that nine hours is an hour to two hours in excess.