Why do people have the desire to talk?

Looming question, James? Perhaps not so looming. :evilfun:

Learning about WHY someone desires to talk is another way of getting to know them at their core, their center.
Some people desire or enjoy talking because they love to share, it is important to them.
For some people it is about ridding their selves of suppressed emotions and thoughts which can be detrimental to their physical and mental health…getting rid of those cobwebs in a manner of speaking.

If someone says to you: "James, if I can’t talk, if I can’t express myself, if I can’t in some ways reveal myself to you, I will close myself off. I will feel very much alone, like an island of sorts.
People desire to talk and having someone to talk with, open up to, is like a catharsis ~~ in the same way that laughing or crying or running is.
Why do you think there is such a need for people like psychologists and psychiatrists, especially the really good ones, who basically will do most of the listening and allow the other to do most of the speaking, ranting and raving, getting out the pain and confusion, et cetera?

Of course, I’m just responding to your question and I very much realize that there is nothing in here that you don’t already know or understand, James.

A few thoughts come to mind. Unless I am losing my mind - that is also a possibility.

Why would I lose my desire to talk?

I wonder how much we don’t know about about the compulsion to talk.

:-k

encode_decode

Well, if you are losing your mind, then it is a good thing that you recognize the possibility and you can do something about it.
I’m kidding of course ~~but there is truth in that,
But would someone who is losing their mind be aware of that?

But why, pray tell, do you see that as a possibility? Are your little bots giving you a hard time? hehehehehe

Is that a rhetorical question?

I may be wrong here but that might depend on the individual him/her -self. I think that some of us at the moment when we are feeling compelled to talk, or are aware of that compulsion within ourselves, and are experiencing it through talk, can take a step back and realize where they are coming from, what it is which is triggering it, what fear, et cetera, and can bring it to a slow halt.

But to further answer your question, probably LOADS. :evilfun:
There is so very much within us which we are not aware of - what makes us tick. We and our minds are like deep space in a sense, a final frontier the end of which we may never understand.
Okay, that’s enough :blush:

[/quote]

Arcturus Descending

You have blown me away already.

:laughing:

Ah good - I was getting scared.

As for the rest - well - I will respond - you can bet on that . . .

=D>

Yes.

I learnt about a drink called Satans koolaid today.

8-[

As a social recluse I have no desire to influence anyone. I am more an observer of society
than a participant and this suits me just fine. As being detached allows for peace of mind

surreptitious57

So because you have no desire to influence anyone your influence becomes unintentional. Do you think anything might be affected by your observation?
Still I see the sense in your detachment - I am just wondering how many different forms of detachment I can come up with.

Arcturus Descending

Now now . . . you know me better than that.

If it was rhetorical then I would have indicated my intention clearly for it to be rhetorical.

:laughing:

Seriously though: why do you think it would be the case? That I lost my desire to talk not the whole rhetorical intentional indication thingy . . .
. . . or even the know me better than that thingy . . . just messing with ya.

Seriously though: why do you think?

The words I write here and else where may influence others but like you say that is purely unintentional. As I have already
said I am not here to change minds and make others think like me. I simply write what I think and leave it up to them how
they want to interpret it. Agree or disagree it makes no difference to me. I have no control over other minds only my own

I hear you.

It reminds me . . . more control over our own minds. The words “he/she made me do it” come to mind.

The plain, theatrical dinner roles or the fancy ones? :evilfun: :laughing:

lol Does not compute.

In response to big_endian_16: Buffer overflow, heap spraying or a NOP slide? On the first count, bounds checking can prevent overflows.

In response to BungeeCord: In any case it looks like an information cascade . . .

I can not decide whether I should wear my white hat or my white hat today.

:techie-hiding:

Oops . . . wrong tab . . .

:blush:

Satans koolaid

That is better.

Maybe ~~ maybe not.

O! many a shaft, at random sent, Finds mark the archer little meant! And many a word, at random spoken, May soothe or wound a heart that’s broken!
Walter Scott

:character-tweety:

I see.

What is it that you are looking at?