26 and still single. Should I give up?

It might say that Maia is both discerning and discriminating.
There is nothing wrong with being picky! Aren’t you careful and picky when you go shopping? For instance, the produce aisle? Do you choose the first fruit and vegetable which you see?

It doesn’t necessarily follow that a man is the right match or a good match for some woman just because he appreciates her. Stalkers appreciate those who they are stalking.

Of course, there is such a thing as looking for perfection or for a saint. There is no such thing but there are men out there who are more perfect than others with whom a woman can be in harmony and in tune with.

You’re a blind female. Sane, high-end men with healthy eyesight will stay the fuck away from you, cause you are a burden.

You’ll only attract desperate men and those who seek to exploit your weakness (lack of eyesight) in some way.

Those are the harsh truths.

Another perspective.jpg

friedrichnietzsche109781.jpg

You must be pregnant with possibilities, AutSider.
I hope that you will soon Shine on and Dance on.

AutSider's Becoming.jpg

Whatever happened to you?

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
Helen Keller

No, because the best things are usually not easy but very much worth the effort.

Find people who aren’t that and do the approaching yourself. Easier said than done, but also worth doing.

How sad and lonely you must be, to be so mean.

He is a transgender with ovarian cancer so yeah, hes sad and probably lonely too. But lets keep on topic shall we this is def not a suitable partner for you.

What was so bad about the obsessives that like you?
I am usually offended when a guy doesn’t obsess over me.

One guy almost lost his erection when he was entertaining me, I deprived him of it for a whole day, so then he got obsessive and begged me and never lost it again. You need a bit of obsession girl or your sex life will be hell. And sex is really all you need a man for these days.

Maia, never give up please. I am a metaphor myself, a chaotic and sightless metaphor. But perhaps that at another time
When I first got here, i proposed a dialogue like Dostoevsky’s Letters from Underground, where
unseen people can write things,things no one else interested may not want to partake

I am jumping around I know, sometimes ready to
quit as well, but I feel that I am not ready to give up ,because that is my style, my heartache, , to be forever short sighted, alone.

I am writing this to You, because the listlessness
enveloping me feels the desperation?
manifested,but if I may share with You the conviction that such state gives a one the power of selfhood which no one in that position can come to
understand, an almost mystical sense arising out of the view of a near senseless, selfless vision, then You may come to understand the importance that the living, written word may
come to be overvalued and obsessed over.

No, sex is only a necessity, a basic function which ultimately proves disappointing,if other more hidden
and strange things cannot be alluded with it.The
chaos and confusion becomes tamed, if the purposes of it, unbearing,mystifying, reveals the truth, deep within ,embarrassingly hidden, bringing to the fore, the strange desire to merge with, in to the pack.

Everyone has it, unbeknownst to some, routinely and sadly to others, not treatable, with a huge NO EXIT
sign looming red,where the darkness envelopes all
but the tiniest spark coming from some far distance.

Maia, was it not someone very similar phonetically an
inspiration Gala to Dali, for had she been not, he
would have found nodream worth to live by? HOPE against hope, even if such a person may come along, which I know happens almost every day for people,
unrecognized but they wanting the ideal,the unseen
hidden in the depth,looking back at , showing the dream’s expurgation to be contrary to the maintenance of its illusion.

It is only that, that some may live for, but that is not to say, that it does not a presence… For lack of it, it
translates merely into chimera, a biological set of
events following a predictable course of well foreseeable trajectories intersecting ahead, in a haze,both exhilarating and terrifying.

No, there can never, ever be an exit.

Uhm…I’m not sure what this is about but that sounds kinda scary. Are you talking about STDs?

No, that was not my intention, although, those kinds of considerations do play into it.

Pandora:

Little later, got caught up here. What I meant was, sex is a necessary function, for the lack of it most people would be disappointed, even to the point of becoming ill. The underlying ID, is chaotic, having no reference point, or object, primarily as a self serving pleasure principle. Hate to get Freudian about it, but it was Freud who passed the reality principle as a secondary consideration, and at that Jung took a leave. The underlying chaos manifests and develop complexes paralleling the chaos.

One way is to take the ideal, the ideal man, whoever that may be, and use him defensively, idealise him,
reassuring him/her self as to counter the chaos of choice in men. The perfect man is usually Dad, and for women it becomes the Electra complex, because it comes from the primary sources of information available to a little girl.

A wannabe man canno relate primarily in terms of understanding of a small child, for whom a good dad means anything but the obvious and sometimes repellent aspects of human intercourse. In a way You are right, the aids years only reconfirmed these feelings and thoughts.p

I genuinely did not intend to be mean, but somebody needs to tell you how things are. You correctly perceived that men who approach you are unsuitable, but the reason is simply that you yourself are unsuitable.

Unless you are extremely hot, like a 9 or 10 (and judging by your picture, you’re not), you’re simply not worth the trouble.

I think that you instinctively know all of this, which is why you look down upon any man who would want a serious relationship with you - because he proves he can’t do better than an ordinary blind girl.

Find another man with a similar disability whom you can relate to.

I aint allowed to tell the truth about this abuse, where it comes from. So typical.

Maybe MagnusJ hates women. Well okay you have an opinion Magnus but you should learn more sensitive emotions and get some heart in you.

Too much tv.

Do you mean MagsJ/me? :confused: Magnus is a male ILP member, I am a female moderator.

Please remain on-topic or refrain from posting in this thread further, if you cannot control yourself/your emotions. You happily announce your overt sexuality every chance you get, but no-one else is free to express themselves? Go figure…

I hope you find love Maia, but I have no advice to give.

Woof. Wanna go out?

Ah, fuse, you are a fresh clean breeze among the pollutants which occupy our sorry ground level ozone.
Hagd. :mrgreen:

Hey, what’s wrong with my pic?

I find your pic rather intriguing because you are not showing your face and so
why Aut can claim you are not hot I do not know but do not let this worry you

Thanks. I thought he might have been referring to the rather unflattering work uniform I was wearing from the leisure centre.

Maia, wot’s the rush, chill and yes, stop looking. When you meet your man you will know it!

Forget about the losers.

Giving up isn’t an option if you’ve never tried.

If your idea of hunting is to become the bait, don’t be surprised if you get devoured.

Maia, I have the same problem as you.
I stopped hating women because I realized it’s not a gender thing, I know many women get ghosted and seem to be invisible and get no replies to their emails and messages.

I think it is some kind of spiritual Twilight Zone or some cloud of darkness hanging over certain people, sabotaging their lives and trying to make them miserable, manipulating people.