26 and still single. Should I give up?

You need someone to help you.

Do you have parents?
Even if you do, I guess they won’t be much of help.

Ultimately, you need a manager.

I can not give you any advice as I no longer do that but I really hope
that you find what you are looking for however long it may take you

Yes, I have parents and a brother.

K: thanks, although this isn’t really a Kropotkin thread…
Let us help our fellow ILPer and think of solutions…

Kropotkin

Maya, do You belong to Braille Inst., and do they have social services? If they do, so You partake of them? You may consider me short sighted forn such suggestion, but, I do not know Your situation, and do not know hardly anything at all. IT appears that it is difficult here to be honest, and as such the desire to be more confidential is to a certain extent difficult to none.

None of us want to be burt, and honesty and disclosure sometimes backfires

So please feel free to PM me anytime, and perhaps it would be possible to be more open there

Thank You,

Thanks. I’m not a member of the Braille Institute, but it’s primarily American, isn’t it?

Hi Maia,

If you are ready to get serious and start a family, join a dating service where they screen the men via your likes and dislikes. If the service is costly, ask your family if they’d help.

Or you could mingle more with males on some forums that draw on your interests. It seems that on philosophy forums, men circle females like sharks hunting their next kill. Of course most of the men are delusional in their beliefs that females are generally inferior to their superior maleness, but I have no doubt that you could set them straight on that account in the intellect department. :wink:

I met my male partner on the ILP website and we are getting ready to celebrate our one year anniversary of co-habitation.

Good luck Maia.

Yes it is, but are You aware of The Royal Institute of Blind People, or, Oxfordshire Assoc. for the Blind, Deafbkind UK, Dorset Blind Assoc., ?

If You do not have a seeing eye dog, Guide Dogs UK charity for the blind and Partially sighted may be of help.

Again, please do not take these suggestions as foreward in any way, if You are already familiar with their services.

Braille is very good here in all aspects of service to the visually handicapped, and there are a variety of people enrolled, of various social standing, ethnicity, religious and other preference.

I do not consider the search for companionship to be limited to those people , necessarily sharing the very same type of disabling condition as a given, however sometimes this preference may usually create a bond. Others may be attracted to the opposite, and relationships may be strengthened one partner possessing an ability to compensate for the disability of the other. It is so relative to the feelings, comprehension, and situation of those involved.

Take care.

Congratulations for meeting your partner here! I’m very glad you are happy.

Yes, I’m very well aware of the RNIB and the various other groups here. Many of them are very good. I would rather date outside the disabled community, however, which probably sounds a bit hypocritical, but practical, nevertheless.

Why don’t you note all of the suitable qualities that you are looking for in a mate. Who knows, perhaps someone posting here might actually possess them.

If a man appreciates you and you see that man as a nutter what does that say about you, miss picky?

It might say that Maia is both discerning and discriminating.
There is nothing wrong with being picky! Aren’t you careful and picky when you go shopping? For instance, the produce aisle? Do you choose the first fruit and vegetable which you see?

It doesn’t necessarily follow that a man is the right match or a good match for some woman just because he appreciates her. Stalkers appreciate those who they are stalking.

Of course, there is such a thing as looking for perfection or for a saint. There is no such thing but there are men out there who are more perfect than others with whom a woman can be in harmony and in tune with.

You’re a blind female. Sane, high-end men with healthy eyesight will stay the fuck away from you, cause you are a burden.

You’ll only attract desperate men and those who seek to exploit your weakness (lack of eyesight) in some way.

Those are the harsh truths.

Another perspective.jpg

friedrichnietzsche109781.jpg

You must be pregnant with possibilities, AutSider.
I hope that you will soon Shine on and Dance on.

AutSider's Becoming.jpg

Whatever happened to you?

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
Helen Keller

No, because the best things are usually not easy but very much worth the effort.

Find people who aren’t that and do the approaching yourself. Easier said than done, but also worth doing.

How sad and lonely you must be, to be so mean.

He is a transgender with ovarian cancer so yeah, hes sad and probably lonely too. But lets keep on topic shall we this is def not a suitable partner for you.

What was so bad about the obsessives that like you?
I am usually offended when a guy doesn’t obsess over me.

One guy almost lost his erection when he was entertaining me, I deprived him of it for a whole day, so then he got obsessive and begged me and never lost it again. You need a bit of obsession girl or your sex life will be hell. And sex is really all you need a man for these days.

Maia, never give up please. I am a metaphor myself, a chaotic and sightless metaphor. But perhaps that at another time
When I first got here, i proposed a dialogue like Dostoevsky’s Letters from Underground, where
unseen people can write things,things no one else interested may not want to partake

I am jumping around I know, sometimes ready to
quit as well, but I feel that I am not ready to give up ,because that is my style, my heartache, , to be forever short sighted, alone.

I am writing this to You, because the listlessness
enveloping me feels the desperation?
manifested,but if I may share with You the conviction that such state gives a one the power of selfhood which no one in that position can come to
understand, an almost mystical sense arising out of the view of a near senseless, selfless vision, then You may come to understand the importance that the living, written word may
come to be overvalued and obsessed over.

No, sex is only a necessity, a basic function which ultimately proves disappointing,if other more hidden
and strange things cannot be alluded with it.The
chaos and confusion becomes tamed, if the purposes of it, unbearing,mystifying, reveals the truth, deep within ,embarrassingly hidden, bringing to the fore, the strange desire to merge with, in to the pack.

Everyone has it, unbeknownst to some, routinely and sadly to others, not treatable, with a huge NO EXIT
sign looming red,where the darkness envelopes all
but the tiniest spark coming from some far distance.

Maia, was it not someone very similar phonetically an
inspiration Gala to Dali, for had she been not, he
would have found nodream worth to live by? HOPE against hope, even if such a person may come along, which I know happens almost every day for people,
unrecognized but they wanting the ideal,the unseen
hidden in the depth,looking back at , showing the dream’s expurgation to be contrary to the maintenance of its illusion.

It is only that, that some may live for, but that is not to say, that it does not a presence… For lack of it, it
translates merely into chimera, a biological set of
events following a predictable course of well foreseeable trajectories intersecting ahead, in a haze,both exhilarating and terrifying.

No, there can never, ever be an exit.