Happy Canada Day!

Oh no, my friend, I’m afraid we’re quite real. :smiley:

gibbiepoo,

What festivities did you partake in? I glanced over some headlines covering the different territories (yikes!) and am wondering if anything positive has happened yet in any of the territories?

Yeah, my girlfriend’s Canadian. It’s just that the first time I heard that Canada’s national holiday was called Canada Day, I immediately thought it sounded like a South Park joke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WULsZJxPfws[/youtube]

Look at these badass Sikhs from Vancouver, that’s certainly new. The turbans are especially menacing and intimidating. Harley Davidson Canadian endorsement deal?

I spent a lot of time out doors. I rode my bike into down town and then roller bladed along the river. Was a really nice day. Was hoping to get the kids out but they and their mother had different plans.

Um… they recently got $36.1 million from the feds for health care.

What headlines are you reading?

Yeah, we’re not very imaginative here. Where you from Sauwelios? I vaguely recall you telling me you’re Dutch. What’s your national holiday called?

Yeah, our Sikhs are real badass here. You don’t wanna mess with them.

How about showing some footage of taking a stroll down East Hastings street in Vancouver? At whose expense are you proud of yourself, liberal Canada?
Almost all of the homeless in Vancouver are either white middle age men or native Americans (or ‘aborigines’ for you loonies). Most of the asians are upper middle class (hence being called the Hong Kong of the North). And the Indians are the new middle working class.

It’s called Liberation Day, meaning liberation from the Nazis, which was in no small part thanks to Canada. So yeah, thanks, guy!

Yeah, well, I did what I could.

Photos please.

I’ll take photos next time I visit Vancouver.

Meanwhile,

m.metronews.ca/#/article/news/va … eople.html

google.com/amp/vancouversun … ations/amp

beta.theglobeandmail.com/real-e … ice=mobile

They even have their own tv show.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBICtv: … sian_Girls

Neoliberal ethnic inequality as added entertainment value on cable, this is the giant shit circus the west has become. I wonder how many Jewish community centers fill up Vancouver.

Hmm…Good question. I don’t remember seeing any Jewish communities or Jews in Vancouver. Maybe most of them already mixed with the Chinese. (I wonder what kind of mischling you’d get if you mix Chinese and a Jew. Maybe it would be something like the Teochew Chinese of Singapore; they were known as the Jews of the Chinese people in Singapore; after British they established businesses and took control of area. Now, the local Malays are like the working class people while the Chinese hold the control of establishments (government, banks, professional positions, etc.). But I digress; this thread is about the great country of Canada, the one with one of the youngest presidents ever).

Looks like they do have a history, and most of their communities are in Historical/downtown areas:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History … _Vancouver

When the host dies in the west from its current terminal afflictions they’ll all move eastward.

Happy Independence Day, America! :flags-usa:

Or is it: merry Independence Day?

Or: 4th of July?

There is little reason to celebrate as we are no longer an independent nation. No, today’s festivities revolves around morons who like bright lights or loud noises, burgers, and any excuse to get drunk.

As usual I leave holidays to the simple minded.

So nothing’s changed.

Not in the United States, as you can tell I don’t live in London which people have probably ascertained already by now. I’m an English poser on the internet.

Bored?

Paranoid.