Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) “They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one” But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, “you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked” (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

The Bible … and all “sacred scriptures” are rightfully labelled “fake news” from the perspective that they attempt to define/describe the ineffable.

OTH … all “sacred scriptures” … at least in part … are sincere attempts to elucidate truth. The fact that these attempts devolved into tools in the relentless pursuit of wealth, power and control is wrongfully attributed to the original sincere attempts to learn truth.

When the consequence of this devolution … the perceived threat (PHT) … penetrates the consciousness of a critical mass of individuals … humanity will return to the search for truth.

Let us pray.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I think the search for truth ended the moment Christianity and other religions began to read their myths literally.

You cannot think well and seek God when you have put your brain/mind into intellectual dissonance by belief in the supernatural that would include talking serpents and donkeys and a genocidal son murdering God that deserves our adoration.

Regards
DL

[b]

[/b]

Agreed … though I ‘see’ this common human behavior as manifestation of the frailty of human consciousness … end of story.

1. Is it appropriate to consider what is often referred to as the “ineffable” (TRUTH) an entity?

2. If yes, does this entity want to be known … does this entity want to know itself … as in a mirror reflection?

3. If yes, search for Truth is a misnomer … waiting for ‘Truth’ to reveal itself is a more appropriate description … placing yourself in circumstances/conditions conducive to Truth revealing itself is more efficient/productive.

Reminds me of a Confucian anecdote … apparently in later life Confucius said … “If the Dao visits me in the morning I’m content to die in the evening.”

Confucius was stubbornly pragmatic … refused to discuss metaphysical issues with his followers … he never engaged in hyperbole.

I think it is only common because lying clergy breach the trust people foolishly put in them.

Regards
DL