IQ tests

No joke. Anyway, I took the third test, and here are my findings. For one thing, I had quite a few problems with the formulation of the questions:

a. “Handwritten strokes”. What is one stroke (this was implicitly answered by a later question, but not without creating another problem–see e below)? And written by whom? Aren’t there different styles of handwriting?
b. “If yesterday is tomorrow”: weird kind of phrase to interpret as homonymous.
c. “Same dice”? Surely that should be “same die” (there was only talk of one)?
d. “A person goes for a walk and passes through every region without using the same path twice.” It doesn’t say the person uses each path once, though that must be what is meant (otherwise the question is unanswerable). Also, it speaks of “blue lines” that symbolise the paths, but they’re actually double blue lines (two lines = one path).
e. The capital C contains a change in direction or a curve, but the capital U does not??

There’s also a complication with my score. It took me quite a while to finish this test, partly because I’m at work and was interrupted quite frequently (much more so than during the first test), and partly because I had a hard time finding a pattern a couple of times. The last question was the worst, I just couldn’t find the pattern. I didn’t want to choose at random, so I looked it up and read far enough to read the pattern for finding variable A. I then found the pattern for B myself, but it was similar, so I didn’t even do the question half on my own.

When choosing the right answer, my score was 210, which would put me in the top 8.70%. When choosing a wrong answer, my score is 195, which is in the top 15.22%. There were four options for the last question, so I would have had a 25% chance to get it right when choosing at random. I therefore contend that I should get a score of 195 + a quarter of the difference between 210 and 195. This would make my score 198.75, putting me in the top 13.59%. Which still sucks.

No can do, Amigo, you cheated! :evilfun: :laughing:

Now take the fourth one, pay the $10, and report back with your score, okay? :sunglasses:

The word was “Extremely”, which contains only one E; the other two are e’s…

Good one, and it’s possible. I don’t remember the exact wording (that was the word I was looking for when I resorted to “formulation” above!).

Test 1: Sauwelios 123, WendyDarling 102.
Test 2: Sauwelios 134, WendyDarling 128.
Test 3: Sauwelios 195, WendyDarling 130.
Test 4: Sauwelios $0, WendyDarling -$10.

What’s your point Sau sau?

1. IQ test #5 http://www.funeducation.com/Tests/IQTest/TakeTest.aspx

2. IQ test #6 http://www.free-iqtest.net/

3. IQ test #7 http://www.myiqtested.com/

4. IQ test #8 http://www.freeiqtest.info/

5. IQ test #9 https://www.stanfordbinet.net/

6. IQ test #10 https://iqpro.org/ Out of this batch, I’m gonna take this one first and it’s timed. (To view score, it’ll cost you $20)

Those IQ tests are created to make people believe that they are intelligent. These types of people don’t even attempt in finding a worthwhile IQ test (we are on the internet, one can find things in a matter of seconds for heaven’s sake) because they’re only interested in tests which stroke their egos. It appears that, people will fall for anything, no matter how ridiculous, if it gives them a positive image of themselves.

What drives one to do these tests? Curiosity or insecurity? Hmmmm, maybe a mix of both! Not that insecurity is wrong, but how one deals with it is what matters, will one move towards deception or clarity, that is, away or toward further insecurity?

A standard IQ test will drop you down significantly. I’m talking big margins. Go find one or just don’t do them at all (that would be a more dignified action). Heavier time constraints. 3 hours long… Not 40 minutes.

Why would anyone waste their time on such tests? Well, I know why.

Then there’s the reality that, one can have an IQ test and be delusional or possess a million other traits or afflictions that suck. Having a high IQ in and of itself is pretty worthless. People can use their abilities (memory, pattern seeking, reasoning) in all manners of twisted ways, degenerating them, and making it (or them) inferior to people with lower IQ.

Naturally, it goes without saying that these online tests are created for entertainment purposes only, and as such aren’t indicative of a person’s intelligence.

Hm, so you can go above 132… or did you fudge the numbers like you did test #3?

How 'bout just for a bit of fun?

You really want to test someones intelligence then give them questions where
they have to show how they got the answers rather than give them in advance

I agree.

If I had an extra $1500, I’d take an official test given by a psychiatric professional because I’m curious of what I am capable of doing and how my efforts compare to others. It would be interesting if the official tests were expanded to measure Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences.

Fair enough. Well, since you would like to know, I’d check out some torrent sites. They’ve got quite a few decent IQ tests there (supposedly used in various organisations e.g. academia, military, workplaces etc.). They’re usually divided into 3 parts, 60 minutes each, but that varies. I think you would get a better estimation although they are rather boring. There’s also a certain disadvantage in working with some questions where, if you are reading it off a computer, and writing your answers down on a piece of paper, there would be lag created in constantly looking up and down, so, it might be a good idea to print them off.

Oh, and that’s a lousy idea of fun, gib.

Yes, you can, for no, I didn’t. And note that I listed my score for test #3 as 195 there, meaning I conceded not having known the right answer to the last question, which was the only one I “cheated” at. I still think I deserve the 198.75 though, considering Wendy guessed some questions. If I hadn’t cheated, I’d have flipped two coins. (This does presuppose there’s no way to “intuit” the answer to such questions.)

Have you tried taking tests 1 and 3? Test 1 especially: impossible to score higher than 136, which means the 140+ range is completely out of reach. I suggest you take it and see how much it strokes your ego.

It might be a difficult test but it still isn’t a standard IQ test.

What’s the point of getting a result on a website with a distinct scoring system and an insignificant sample size? That’s not what people are interested in (well, unless they have dishonest motives and end up declaring that the results of such sources are their actual IQ scores or perhaps they simply wish to compare with others in their vicinity), they are interested in the (common) standard that is used (like the ones Jared Taylor and other popular researchers refer to/utilize), since the result one gets on such sites is not comparable or reflective (at-least until one goes through the trouble of finding connections between the two and posits equivalencies) of the fixed standard, or at-least one verified to be a suitable alternative.

Is anyone here paying attention to the extreme variation in results from one test to the other, the lack of time constraints, or the lack of a standardized structure? Simply unreliable.

I know, or at-least I hope, everybody here realizes this.

I had no choice but to guess. Did you not understand my reason why? I am on a psychiatric drug which labors my thinking and the more I push it, the worse the headache. I don’t see any comparison between my guesses and your cheating.

And Sau sau, are you refusing to answer another of my questions that was several posts above?

“There are 12 pens on the table, you took 3, how many do you have?”

Oh, the tension!

Anyway, if one wants to get a closer estimation to what their standard IQ is, take the lowest score achieved, and start detracting (by 5 to 10). Also, take the quiz in which one got the lowest score, and begin to imagine doing a test that is at-least 5 times the size of that quiz with rigid time constraints.

Great fun.

Now, once one finally arrives at this result, remember the saying (not too literally, please) “size doesn’t matter, its about how you use it” (what is that intelligence PRODUCING?), and no, this doesn’t mean someone who is borderline retarded is going to be intelligent simply because of effective use, but, it does mean, that it is possible to use what we inherit very ineffectively (which does not mean that everyone with high IQ is using their particular inheritance ineffectively, and certainly does not mean that IQ has no value as a measurable variable).

Or, if all of that sounds like gibberish, I don’t know, use the magical number to finally end the question of what it means to be intelligent.

Sorry to hear that but were you to come off it it would improve your thinking so have you tried this

Hate IQ tests much?