IQ tests

I should but I am not going to as I am not a fan of them as they are all usually multiple choice so correct answers can simply be guessed
The one I took years ago I paid for so seriously thought about all the questions before answering them. So that is the one I quote if I am
ever asked what mine is. However now I am less interested in tests and more in reading as much as I can and being as open minded and
as emotionally detached as possible. These qualities I rate as much as intelligence if not more so

That one was just a joke for it was way too simple
So I would not even compare it with the other two

I had 123 the first and only time. Did it at work at the end of my night shift. Took me between 15 and 30 minutes, I was interrupted a couple of times.

EDIT: Second 134, I just took it. EDIT 2: I mean I got 134 on the second test, not the second time I took the first (there has been no second time).

Obviously in a test you are limited by time but where there are no such restrictions you can think more slowly or less intensely. I think you meditate
if memory serves so that is a more slow and less intense type of thinking would you say. I am quite detached from the world so find it easy that way

Sometimes teachers don’t know what to do with a kid, and so the public school system can compel these kinds of tests before they figure out what to do, and in those cases you may not have to pay the 1500 bucks.

No, I took them quickly because I was only interested in the results. The second one was fairly easy, though. Simple questions coupled with not too many choices.

Oh, I didn’t look at the clock. No good would come of it anyway, being that I got a job-related task when I got to the fifteenth question and therefore had to redirect my attention entirely.

Is there a point in retaking it now that I know what the questions are? What do you say?

Christopher Langan has been described as the most intelligent person in the world.
He proved the existence of God using mathematics.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HXSHXUtFw[/youtube]

Is the 123 what you expected, comparable perhaps to a more official test? Did you find the second test easier and if so, why?

I watched the vid., now I am reading from his CTMU website, the Q & A section.http://www.ctmu.org/

IQ tests…

…are meaningless.

So are some people.

Intelligence cannot be measured. By definition, intelligence breaks rules and limits, and does not fall within the parameters of tests.

A test is like a trap. You’re doomed to fail once you start it. And so too with “IQ tests”. You already prove your gullibility by taking them seriously.

I took a paid psychological (career) test when I was 19, but that didn’t give me a score, just “highly gifted”. I found the second test much easier, yes, and in fact find it hard to imagine I made any mistake there. It told me I was in the top 1%, meaning I may have made one mistake and really scored as low as 133.5; in any case, the max score must be 136, if not 134 or 135.

I think the first also doesn’t go much higher than what I scored, surely no higher than the second. Considering the difficulty of the first, with patterns within patterns within patterns at the end, I really think I did quite well, which is why I was willing enough to make my score known here!

Haven’t done the third one, not sure I will, but I might.

P.S.: The second was in my native language, whereas the first was in English. Shouldn’t matter much for me, but it may have mattered a little.

Do you think the formatting of test 2 made any difference? It was an easy read with limited options (2-3 choices), I was able to whiz right through it and if 134-136 tops it out, then I did well too.

I may look into how the tests were designed later.

The fourth test (requiring payment to see results) started out with 15 easy questions, then 15 moderately difficult questions, then 15 torturous questions. This test offered nine answer choices typically. Out of the four tests so far, I believe the fourth one would be a more accurate indicator, sucks that they want $10 from everyone for something that isn’t official.

The third one was another brain drain for me, had to guess at the end to get it over with. You should take it to see if it is comparable to test 1 by way of your scoring. My scores of 102 and 130 are far apart and I’m not sure why, other than the graphics in the first one was distracting me.

The language barrier probably did affect your results. You have my permission to add +5 to your result. :evilfun: :laughing:

I suppose it makes some difference, but if you see the pattern it can only be one answer, anyway, so it doesn’t really matter how many options there are (unless there are so many it’s hard to find the one you’re looking for).

My point exactly, my score was really at least 123. :wink:

Don’t you mean really 128? If not, I’m lost. The joke flew right over my head like a Boeing 747.

132! ← I belong in Mensa!

The test was incredibly easy… got every question right. Unless I’m being timed for each question (the glove one I had to take a moment out and test), 132 seems the highest you can get.

Will have to try the tedious half hour one next.

1 & 3 were both tedious half hours, ah, 3 may have been more like 40 min. I only know that I wanted to stab my eyes out to end it.

No joke. Anyway, I took the third test, and here are my findings. For one thing, I had quite a few problems with the formulation of the questions:

a. “Handwritten strokes”. What is one stroke (this was implicitly answered by a later question, but not without creating another problem–see e below)? And written by whom? Aren’t there different styles of handwriting?
b. “If yesterday is tomorrow”: weird kind of phrase to interpret as homonymous.
c. “Same dice”? Surely that should be “same die” (there was only talk of one)?
d. “A person goes for a walk and passes through every region without using the same path twice.” It doesn’t say the person uses each path once, though that must be what is meant (otherwise the question is unanswerable). Also, it speaks of “blue lines” that symbolise the paths, but they’re actually double blue lines (two lines = one path).
e. The capital C contains a change in direction or a curve, but the capital U does not??

There’s also a complication with my score. It took me quite a while to finish this test, partly because I’m at work and was interrupted quite frequently (much more so than during the first test), and partly because I had a hard time finding a pattern a couple of times. The last question was the worst, I just couldn’t find the pattern. I didn’t want to choose at random, so I looked it up and read far enough to read the pattern for finding variable A. I then found the pattern for B myself, but it was similar, so I didn’t even do the question half on my own.

When choosing the right answer, my score was 210, which would put me in the top 8.70%. When choosing a wrong answer, my score is 195, which is in the top 15.22%. There were four options for the last question, so I would have had a 25% chance to get it right when choosing at random. I therefore contend that I should get a score of 195 + a quarter of the difference between 210 and 195. This would make my score 198.75, putting me in the top 13.59%. Which still sucks.