Move my "End women's suffrage" thread back to Society and Go

Move my “End women’s suffrage” thread back to Society and Government, pretty please.

I kindly request that instead of moving my thread the moderators delete the off-topic spam from Mr R and Ecmandu in this thread (or move their posts to another thread) and then return it to Society and Government.

There is no reason for an entire thread to be ruined because of a few spammers. Punish the spammers instead. Warn them, ban them, delete/move their posts, I don’t care. But return my thread, please.

I’d say my neutrality is suspect on this one, given my participation in that thread, so if any other mod disagrees with the decision to move I encourage them to overrule me. But in my opinion, the thread should have been moved based on the OP, even without the subsequent off-topic chatter.

The OP is a series of entertainment videos with little or no philosophical content, followed by general disparagements, non-sequitur statements of sexual preference, and then an undefended political opinion. As you acknowledge later on, the point of the thread was to make “a funny observation”, not a philosophical discussion.

That says Sandbox to me.

Trolls come into a thread, spam it with nonsense, and it’s the original poster who must be punished? What kind of board is this?

The OP isn’t being punished, and the thread wasn’t moved because of the trolls.

I’m offended by your accusation of trolling, and I will make a counter accusation that your whole thread was trolling. HA!

Now you should address my arguments and stop running away from everything that doesn’t confirm your biases you big snowflake. You think just because you start a thread that it should be a safe space for you where no one can say things you don’t like? Stop denying reality. This isn’t an academic debate. Jesus.

Mr R - keep the discussion in the original thread please.

I can’t say I disagree with the move.

Actually my OP contains 3 videos of women displaying their complete and utter ignorance of the very movement that got them votes, and then instead of admitting their ignorance they pretended they knew what’s being talked about and made a political decision to sign the petition, despite being clueless.

Then aside from the videos and my own commentary, the OP also contains some quotes and paraphrases of what women said why they support ending suffrage.

If you don’t think women explaining why suffrage should be ended doesn’t deserve to be in the SOCIETY AND GOVERNMENT section of an internet forum, then why do you think that these women deserve to affect the actual SOCIETY AND GOVERNMENT? Obviously you think they aren’t fit for the task.

Remember that these people VOTE and affect society. This is an important social experiment.

And I don’t see why me having a bit of fun while commenting would by itself merit moving the entire thread.

You’re just pointing at people and laughing. That’s your intent, that’s the extent of your contribution. “Look how stupid these people are!” That’s not a form of philosophical discussion.