Better Ideas

Weird.

I thought that you passed away, Wayne.

I think that what we need in this day and age, Wendy, is more [un]common sense…not the usual run-of-the-mill common sense which runs rampant.

There is no common sense…it is dead and has been for the last twenty years.

And so what occurred twenty years ago to cause that to happen

Traditional family values which instructed on the merits and essentials of common sense died when that family structure died, leaving many damaged individuals who perpetuate ideas and behaviors that lack common sense.

Maybe there has been a decline in them but I do not think you can point to a specific period
in time when it began to happen but what exactly do you mean by traditional family values

Without the traditional family structure, a male father and a female mother in an enduring union such as marriage who live under the same roof with their children, traditional values and the virtues bestowed by them such as commitment, perseverance, cooperative partnerships that compliment both the male and female no longer exist…I’m working on this stuff in my Brainstorming thread.

Marriage may not be as popular as it once was but the commitment between a couple is way more important than the type of union they have. Although for legal reasons it is better if a couple are married. However the downside of this is divorce. Whereas if a couple are unmarried then they can separate immediately with
out it costing either time or money. Although not everyone wants to be in a union. Some like myself for example function perfectly fine without a partner and so
have no desire to be with anyone. That should be respected since who anyone wants or does not want to be with is a matter for them. Not for society as a whole

Marriage used to be the ultimate commitment, now it’s until you annoy me too much then our union is over.

No one knows how long a marriage is going to last and that is why it is not practical to make a life time commitment to someone
Ultimately it is a matter for the couple and no one else as it is not for me or for society to say who anyone should get married to

Wendy, might you agree with me that insofar as some/many marriages go, a life-time commitment is not only impractical but may also be abusive or a gross waste of time?

Part of the problem, I think, is that we are too lazy, we don’t respect one another and we don’t value one another.

But there are marriages where the couples are committed to one another for a lifetime, loving marriages where the couples struggle and work together for the sake of one another, for their love and their commitment.

Some marriages, figurately speaking, were made in HEAVEN and some were made in HELL.

bustle.com/articles/121000- … ave-to-say

People give up on other people way too quickly today and I wonder if its not a fact that they have long since given up on themselves first.

I can agree with this. I think it is the person who refuses to give up on him/her -self who will also want to stay and fight for what can be seen as valuable. Some relationships though ought not to have been in the first place and that’s not an easy realization to swallow.

I think that sometimes it is just basic immaturity on the part of some. We really need to be careful about whom we commit ourselves to. We are in too much of a hurry. Some are always just looking for that silver lining elsewhere, that quick fix, that passion and romance which can fizzle when things get tough, when the bloom of the rose has died out.

Yeah! And I agree…that people lack patience, hence the rushing in and out of situations. Without intact families to guide them, how are they going to learn these common sense skills in a timely fashion? Children learn by example, yes?

Sadly, we still know what the world teaches and parents simply don’t have time or energy to spend much with their kids. What do you expect them to learn in such short times except different ideologies, teachings, based on the two parents and then different ideologies and teachings based on everything else it encounters. technology and society raises peoples little bastiches these days.

Simple, you don’t reproduce if you haven’t the wherewithal to raise a healthy kid. There is no rule that says that parents must oblige their children with tech or drop them into society in unsupervised manners without moderation.

Sure. You can twist and spin it that way in pure idiocy. Sure.

How you twist and spin the way you live is pure idiocy. Only an idiot would smoke away their brain cells. I won’t waste my time or fuel your misdirected anger any further. Enjoy destroying yourself, idiot. You’ve been foe’d.

Got to weed out the weak and either they lay down and die or just fall down in exhaustion only to get back up when they can, well-rested or not. If you think I just smoke them away while you speak the bullshit you do, you should stop and consider your own wasted brain cells.