What is Your Reason for Doing It?

tom a guru aficionado wrote

Amen. Why is this so repugnant to most folks?

ec_dc (Aaron) wrote

I’d say Arc and tom are more thoughtful, less confrontational than most. Sorry about giving you the blues, my methods of shutting down B.S. can be caustic. I’ll try to be more sensitive when I address you…promise. :happy-smileyflower:

Pilgrim wrote:

I think it is more of a case that we are all trying to make sense of this world.

Phylla – Life is what you make it. just as you are what you eat, the same applies to what you consume mentally, emotionally, and physically. You aren’t aware of all the information, knowledge, and experiences that are contained within your perception until something opposes, challenges, or conflicts with them. Your feelings and emotions make you aware of that conflict. In turn, you feel upset angry, confused, troubled, or even as if you are being attacked. When that happens, it is a good time to take a serious look at your perception as opposed to automatically defending it, dismissing, or rejecting what is taking place.

If you want to have a better life, take the time to examine your perception. See what you are holding on to that is preventing you from enjoying life.

It’s possible to set up your perceptions so that they insulate you from the world. IOW, you can create a fantasy world where you are happy.

But is that a good thing to do?

I think it might be a necessary thing to do, and I think that all of us do this throughout life. Any interpretation of existence that isn’t completely and utterly neutral, is an interpretation that is serving this or that affect or drive.

Illusion is necessary, but some illusions are better than others.

SM … perhaps only a tiny fraction of the human family is “trying to make sense of this world” … those few people who feel the vibrations of the tectonic shifts occurring in our lifetime.

The sentiments you expressed in your previous post eloquently paint the ‘portrait’ of the individuals in this small community.

[b]

[/b]

The ‘abyss’ you mention is the ‘unknown’ … the ‘darkness’ … the ‘unfamiliar’ … the ‘unwelcome’.

The prevailing world view is ossified in human consciousness … inertia has set in. The increasing turbulence in human activities … political, economic, religious and so on … is the fruit of the tectonic shifts … not the root.

I like the picture Ruth Barrows paints with words:

“Surrender and abandonment are like a deep, inviting, frightening ocean into which we are drawn. We make excursions into it to test it, to see whether it’s safe, to enjoy the sensation of it. But for all kinds of reasons, we always go back to dry land, to solid ground, to where we are safe. But the ocean beckons us out anew and we risk again being afloat in something bigger than ourselves. And we keep doing that, wading in and then going back to safety, until one day, when we are ready, we just let the waters carry us away.”

Two things are important:

1. Offer no resistance … attempt to ride the ‘waves’.

2. Make no attempt to get ahead of the world. (Lao Tzu)

More likely … almost everyone is trying to make sense of the world but there are many different approaches and many conclusions.

If you discover what makes you uniquely different from the other 7.5 billion people on earth and develop it, you will be rewarded far more than you can possibly imagine. The beauty about this is that you love doing what makes you uniquely different. And because you love doing it, you do it most of the time so you get really good at it. And if it benefits others and they want it, they compensate you for it.

What’s the best way to be compensated?

Wendy_Darling, Why do you ask questions that you can answer yourself?

I could be mistaken, so I like to gather the opinions of others who may have uncovered an idea that I have not that would be the better.

So what is the best way for you to be compensated?

Wendy_Darling – The question you might want to ask yourself is: “Why do you RESIST examining that which you can examine yourself or seeing what you can see yourself?” If you do this you will see that it is fear.

I am here to learn new ideas that may have been sparked in a head that’s not my own, perhaps your ideas about how one ought to live. I ask for help when it may guide me and you refuse to help. You will not be questioned again, nor read any further.

It’s fun. That’s my reason for doing “it”.

Interesting.
How does one oppose immutable laws?

By becoming non-existent, it seems.

…coz it’s in the blood. :stuck_out_tongue:

This sounds entirely true.
Humans have a history of great suffering.

Law of attraction is true.

One day, I wished I was eating some taco bell.

Lo and behold I walked to the taco bell and it came true.

I also, fantasized about having sex with a robot when I was a teen.

Lo and behold, many years from now, it may become true.

Law of attraction doesn’t say when it will happen, just that it will happen. If reincarnation is true, then it’s not a matter of if, but when. Maybe decades from now, or a next life, but I keep the faith. I always wanted a dirt buggy when I was a kid. If I have to work at a factory for 5 months to afford it, then so be it, its my job to do the work to manifest my destiny. If I have to go to college for 4 years, program an AI for 8 years and work my way up the corporate ladder for 10 years to get people to build my fantasy, new and improved robot design, that I imagined when I was a teen, then so be it, got to live the dream. Might as well call it magic or the universe itself.
It’s kind of like a girl you have a crush on.
You may sleep many loneless, miserable nights for even weeks, months or years.
But keep the faith and eventually you may find a ring on your hand.
God is good.