Are we the Body, Mind, or Consciousness?

Decency and goodness are hard to gauge over the internet. Maybe she sells dalmatian fur jackets to support herself. Who knows?

So you are going with dishonesty? How very liberal.

I wonder why you post such things.

Dishonesty? Liberal? Really?

Do you really wonder? Doubtful. Arc behaves in a decent way online. What she does offline is not evidenced thoroughly, only online. You dispute her decency online?

You have called me dishonest twice in the last two weeks.

You really like to steer in that direction … towards personal ‘traits’. Even when I have tried to move the discussion back to philosophy, you kept it personal.

Even your defense of Arc is based on her personal characteristics rather than the philosophical concepts of ‘goodness’ or ‘decency’.

How ought one to live?

Arc represents an example that you cannot deal with…obviously. Is real life and real people too difficult to compute?

Do you dispute Arc’s decency online?

Strike three.

You just return to the bench then.

What do you care what I do?

I don’t know why I ought to comment on someone’s characteristics on the internet - aside from his/her knowledge and ability in philosophy. :-k

Tut, tut…go sit. :evilfun:

Why…is more like it. I’d like for all folks to be physically healthy, spiritually wealthy, and simply wise. Is that too much to ask for? I have high standards.

Your high standards are irrelevant to me.

Your lack of standards are relevant to me though and to others who are irrelevant to you.

That’s your problem, not mine.

Lack of accountability is another liberal sub-standard trait.

phyllo

I guess there is no particular reason - for me being in a thread is a social experience. I did it to exit the thread in a friendly manner.

Are we the Body, Mind, or Consciousness? I think we are all three - but apparently this does not go over so well - there was no option for me to answer all three though. I had no intention of stirring the pot even further.

:slight_smile:

When I debate - it needs to be worthwhile to me.

Lack of courage as well which is avoiding the difficult issues of how one ought to live in order to do mental gymnastics in the context of academic philosophy.

You don’t know anything about these people except what they post in an internet forum. How can you pass judgement on their courage?

My answers are irrelevant to you.