Riddles

Advantage for me. 1 : 0 (one to nothing). :slight_smile:

It is your first correction, because your “first correction” was no correction but a mistake of you that was corrected by me. So it was my first correction. Therefore: Advantage for me. 1 : 0 (one to nothing). :slight_smile:

Okay. Now I can only say what you have said:

The said riddle I posted about three month ago was a copy (the first copied riddle I posted). I did not question that there were too many "no"s in the text, because I did not question the whole copy, and that was my mistake. I am sorry. My apologies. The next riddle will be one of my own thoughts again, I can promise. You are right: One must VERIFY anything. But sometimes one is too busy or too lazy to do it anytime.

Advantage for you. 1 : 1 (one to one). :wink:

No. But it was your first correction. =D>

Counting feathers are we. :laughing:

Now see, if you were Carleas, you would argue this issue with me for the next 20 PAGES (as he did with the Blue eyed puzzle, another similar riddle, and the Stopped Clock Paradox). Some men just can’t stand to lose a feather (those with too few). [-(

Now let me “Re-Riddle” something from this riddle:

Re-Riddle:
Two men, John and Gerry, are walking along with a clearly visible number written on their foreheads.
John asks Gerry if he knows what number is on his own forehead.
Gerry honestly answers “No”.
Gerry then asks the same of John.
John also honestly answers “No”.
Then Gerry says, “Oh okay, my number must be X.”
Immediately John replies, “Oh, then so is mine.”

Now the question:
What must they have known about their numbers before John asked Gerry if he knew his own number?

… and doesn’t it seem eerie that such could actually happen. :open_mouth:

Gah, James, you got it smartpants.

I was close though.

If a solution is possible, then they have to know a certain number range, thus the upper limit and the lower limit of the range of their numbers, and they have to know another aspect, for example: a possible sum, a possible difference, a possible product, a. possible quotient of their two numbers (for instance: Gerry only knows a sum of the two numbers of a certain number range, whereas John only knows a product of the two numbers of the same certain number range).

If a solution is not possible, then they have to know how to order two beers. :laughing:

Bier_und_Alt-Bier.jpg

In any case, ordering two beers could actually happen. Couldn’t it? :laughing:

A little vague.

I didn’t know Mithus was a beer drinker. :-s
:obscene-drinkingcheers: [size=85]{{hmmm… how come his is bigger than mine}}[/size]

Three perfect logicians walk into a bar.
The bartender says "do you guys know what you’re having?
The first one says: “No”
The second one says: “No”
The third one says: “Yes”

:laughing:

No.

John and Gerry, who are walking along with a clearly visible number written on their foreheads, have to know a certain number range, thus the upper limit and the lower limit of the range of their numbers, and they have to know another aspect, for example: a possible sum, a possible difference, a possible product, a. possible quotient of their two numbers (for instance: Gerry only knows a sum of the two numbers of a certain number range, whereas John only knows a product of the two numbers of the same certain number range). So they know enough, even more than enough (!), in order to solve the riddle.

The primises in the riddle “Perfect Logicians” are enough too. Again:

A and B know enough in order to solve the riddle.

If it is said that two humans see a number, then we can surely assume that this humans are capable of seeing and reading, and of knowing what they see and read. That is common sense.

[tab]Who is depicted here?

The following solution is false:

[/tab]

Solution:
[tab]1) A, C, D
2) B, E, F[/tab]

==================================

Looks an awful lot like:
[tab]

[/tab]

That is right. =D>

What about the solution process? :wink:

:laughing:

That is false.

Try again.

It looks like HIlary crossed with a gnome.

Hillary and Bill.

Do you mean Hillary and Bill Clinton?

As Billary Clinton?

[tab]Do you have any evidence or even a solution process? :slight_smile:[/tab]

I think she’s right. Weak evidence is that online image joiners are available and his nose is like the combined one. ARe there image separators online?

[tab]Okay, here comes the “solution process”:

Bill and Hillary Clinton becoming => Billary Hilliam Clinton.[/tab]

Depicted Logic.

If …:

Then …: how can we depict logic?

Two Numbers and Two Mathematicians.

Two natural numbers between 2 and 20 are selected. Mathematician S. knows the sum, mathematician P. the product. Both mathematicians know the lower limit of the two numbers, but not the upper limit.

S.: “I can not imagine that you can find out my sum.”
P.: “Now I know your sum.”
S: “Now I know your product.”

What is the sum?
What is the product?

Can I post a new one here?
Anna and Brian have a chocolate bar, which is scored into an 11 by 10 array of squares (11 columns x 10 rows). The players alternate turns to eat 1 to 3 squares at a time. Anna plays first and in each move she can eat squares only from one column, while Brian can eat squares from different columns, but at most one from each column. The player who eats the last square is the winner. If both players play perfectly, is there a winning strategy for any of the two? If yes, describe it!

I don’t know the solution, but maybe we can start a discussion to find it together!

@Arminius: Can you please explain this: “Now, from the first “no” of A and from (4) follows (5) b < 24, because if b >= 24, then A would be able to conclude a.”
I understand that if b >=24, the sum must be 27 (24 is not possible); therefore “a” can be 1 or 2. Why do you say that A would have concluded his number (since there are two possibilities)?