Does reality exist?

Except, if the modeling was done before our apprehension of it.

The modern epidemic, it appears to me, is the decrease in seriousness of people. Too difficult to be serious nowadays. People can no longer focus on a problem and solve it. They can only ridicule it, laugh it away, dismiss it, ignore it, forget it, pretend that it does not exist. That’s all they can do.

Let me take you down
Cause I’m going to strawberry fields
Nothing is real nothing to get hung about
Strawberry fields for ever

The question between the materialists and me is not, whether things have a real existence out of the mind of this or that person, but whether they have an absolute existence, distinct from being perceived by God, and exterior to all minds.
George Berkeley

The better question might be: Is the world/universe, as we see it, as it really IS ~~ and if not, how is it that we can all for the most part see it in the same way?

NOTHING IS SOLID & EVERYTHING IS ENERGY – SCIENTISTS EXPLAIN THE WORLD OF QUANTUM PHYSICS

Therefore, if we really want to observe ourselves and find out what we are, we are really beings of energy and vibration, radiating our own unique energy signature -this is fact and is what quantum physics has shown us time and time again. We are much more than what we perceive ourselves to be, and it’s time we begin to see ourselves in that light.

collective-evolution.com/201 … is-energy/

So perhaps the reason which we can, for the most part, see things in the same way, is not because of our own individual minds but because of the level of energy frequency and vibration which each thing gives off. (banging my head).

I have often sat in front of a tree and tried to imagine what it would really look like if i had the lens to see it for what it really is. What would the energy frequency and vibration of a tree reveal of itself if we had the capacity to see it? Boggles my mind. Oh, if only we could see THAT!

Can you imagine how things would really look to us if our puny brains allowed?

Yes, reality does exist but what level of reality and how many are there?

Despite the unrivaled empirical success of quantum theory, the very suggestion that it may be literally true as a description of nature is still greeted with cynicism, incomprehension and even anger.” (T. Folger, “Quantum Shmantum”; Discover 22:37-43, 2001)

I wonder WHY this is? Is everything so set in stone for us that we are afraid to admit that what we see or think that we see is the only reality that there is?
What a loss that is for us!

Before, way before the curiosity of man overwhelmed his consciousness, and he was satisfied in the knowledge that god existed, and the absolute guaranteed that idea, (which is in debate up to this time), man was not overly concerned about his
earthly survival, he needn’t worry about what happens when he dies, he was not earnest about developing science at all cost. Everything went ok,
until doubt crept into the world.

Then everything changed, man became his own arbiter, and god died, and he became his own God,
which is probably what’s happening, but the form of that God changed, because he did not realize he was God by virtue of his connection to the true God, the god of quantum power of concentrated white hole,
where a a scintilla of memory not pass away, and
that God man sometimes quadrillion’s of years ago managed to overcome time and place, thereby he becoming his own absolute.

But then creation changed, and the Creator became estranged from his creation, and could not realize the
absolute interchange between himself as a God and
his creation God, and stopped at the point of anthropomorphic science fiction.

He became afraid of God the punisher, he needed to sacrifice himself the man for appeasement, and he thought that he was atoned. But it didn’t work,
because the tautological Descartes crept in again and
again, and the devil was borne, the great tempter, who put doubt into the mind. He was fooled by Faust, the devil that is, but who was fooled? Man, fooled
himself that this tautology would ever end, the tautology between the absolute and the relative. The relative destroys the absolute, and the absolute eats away at the relative. Ying-Yang. The eternal forces at
play, neither wins, because the Demi Urge assures a
complete and absolute stalemate.

If the absolute measure of all things did not
absolutely balance out its nemesis, the whole thing
would absolutely dissolve into itself into an absolute black hole, from which nothing ever would again appear.

But things always appear eternally, because here we
are , if we were not, then nothing ever would be and
the IT would perpetually, absolutely reabsorb itself. But that is not the case, reabsorption can only go on relatively, for something to absorb itself, that
something and the self has to be differentiated, and
whereas the absolute can not differentiate itself: It is the Yawhe, the One, who is what He is, and ever will be.

Science is only a stop gap into further and further differentiation , reducing reality into finer and finer
particles, where the end result is vaporization into
pure energy. That energy overcomes the absolute collapse into nothingness, by turning back into the absolute white hole of Being, rather then the relative
black hole of existence.

In this alchemical transfer, and conflict, the Absolute
Spirit is borne.

The only time I question reality is when I’m sleep deprived and have to wake up in the middle of the night to go to work. :frowning:

When that happens,Pandora, and I know because I have been there as well, do you question reality as you have to live it, or the circumstances you find yourself in ,or is the YOU that has to go to work a problem for you? Or, at that early hour, are you able to tear apart those questions individually from the feeling of dread, or whatever which part takes you? Because reality is not so simple, at least for some.

Everything is energy, yet there are still plenty of solid objects. Think this not to be so, run face first into a brick wall believing that you’ll pass through it. With nose broken and face bloody, you would soon grasp reality and truth and the practicality beyond the vagueness; with a quickness.

It’s like trying to explain to a Christian fanatic that there is no such a thing as “outside of time”. The statement that “God exists outside of time” makes no sense whatsoever. But to some people it does “make sense” in the sense that if you accept that such a meaningless statement means something, simply because you do not want to admit to yourself and others that it means nothing, then it “makes sense” to you.

What we have are particular observations which may or may not be, partially or completely, sorted temporally in the sense that we may know or not know what observation precedes or succeeds what other observation. That’s all we can know. And that’s also how we construct our sense of reality. We have some finite set of observations and then we find patterns in these observations in order to form a model which we then call reality. Other than that, there is no “reality”.

If it’s outside of time, it still flows to a time all of its own and is therefore not outside of time, but outside of what we see and accept as our flow of time, which is still flowing with the same flow of time even if that flow is different, that could be claimed to house such a God.

It’s meaningless.
We model time, as in, we order observations sequentially.
Observation A is followed by observation B which is followed by observation C and so on.
For every observation X anyone can ask “well, does it come before or after observation Y?”
You either know the answer or you don’t.
You can say “it comes before Y” or you can say “it comes after Y”.
Or, if you don’t know, you can say “well, I don’t know”.
Why make things complicated by saying “it exists outside of time”?
If you want to say that your temporal ordering of observations is subject to change, in other words, that it may turn out to be wrong, well, you can express it like that, in simple terms, not make it complicated.

The problem with God is that they (Christian fanatics) don’t want to say what it is.
We know it’s some kind of alien but we don’t know where this alien exists.
To say it exists “outside of time” makes no sense. It is merely to deny that it is something observable which means it’s non-sense.
That’s what happens when you emotionally attach to some book you don’t even understand what its words mean.
You end up trying to defend something without knowing what the hell you’re defending.

You cannot even say “God exists outside of the universe”.
That makes no sense. The word “universe” is not well defined.
However, if we define the word “universe” to mean a category that includes everything we think existed in the past, exists in the present and will exist in the future, basically, if by “universe” we mean everything existent, then to say that God exists outside of the universe means to say that God is not among those things we consider to be existent which is a very convoluted way of saying that GOD DOES NOT EXIST.
The word “universe” is simply an all-encompassing category that includes everything we consider to be existent.
Whatever is outside of it is that which we consider to be non-existent.

Also, we cannot say “the universe began”.
That’s horse-shit.
These words only make sense in the context of a sequence which is an ordered set i.e. a set where each element has a position, an index, a number indicating its place in the set.
With sequences we have first element, second element, third element and so on until the last element.
The universe can be thought of as a set of everything we consider to be existent.
But not an ordered set. And even if it was made into an ordered set, say by ordering everything we consider to be existent based on the time it is supposed to exist in, its first element (beginning) and its last element (end) would only refer to the limits of our knowledge.
Our models can project as far as we want them to project into the past and into the future.
There are no limits.

What we can say is “the Earth began”.
Earth refers to an observable . . . something that has limits, and therefore, a beginning and an end.
You can ask “how did the first life on Earth come into existence?”
That’s a meaningful question.
You can’t ask “how did the first life in the universe come into existence?”
That’s meaningless.
If you say that life on Earth came into existence due to some intelligent force outside of the Earth, then you’re speaking of aliens.
Is God an alien?
Maybe he’s not an alien, maybe he’s some kind of “force”.
That makes far more sense than what Christians are trying to sell us.

People that trust themselves will believe in truth, which is reality.

People who cannot trust, due to an overgrowth of supposedly healthy skepticism:
will say that reality can’t be known or defined, because they don’t have professors baby feeding them.

What exactly is reality?
Define it.
(To define it means to describe the sequence of events it refers to.)

Infinite varieties of possible motion.

That’s not a sequence of events.
A sequence of events is a finite set.
The moment you said “infinite” you gave up on defining the word.

Semi immesurable may be a better word.

But a very finite range and array of possible choices by relativity factor of context of situation and likelihood of strongest possibilities and then if you get caught up only in the possibilities as pertaining to what you know of reality, you forget to account for even the impossibilities and forget that those are also a part of reality, possible in the spectrum you put it in or not. The infinite helps define the finite by putting a sharper contrast on the two.

Reality is the sum of all things that exist.