Is 1 = 0.999... ? Really?

So… you’re saying that math is just a representation of reality and not reality proper??

I have a question for this pocket of exploring these concepts…

What do you think moves faster … thought or light?

Light moves in space. Does thought move in space? From where to where?

Technically it’s a trick question… thought can make light move faster… thought can traverse all space and time much faster than light, practically speaking… you can talk to embodied beings in their state that was trillions upon trillions of light years ago
Or even what they are now… thought moves faster than anything in existence

Okey-dokey

:slight_smile: shrug. Analogies and metaphors have their limits… experience reigns supreme still. So tell me, this infinity that you hang out at where all these series converge for you… is it fun? Oh, that’s right… it’s just a metaphor! Like I said, experience reigns supreme…

Yeah, unfortunately I have to work within my limits. I have never talked to God or spirits or demons, been to heaven or hell, touched infinity, had out of body experiences, been reincarnated, been one with the universal consciousness, made a perpetual motion machine, circumvented the laws of thermodynamics …

I’m making lemonade with the lemons that I have gathered over the years.

Well… sounds to me like you’re off to a good start.

When these things do occur, try not to go insane like I did!

I’ll tell you something very important to keep with you…

The question of whether there is a grand creator, is actually yours to decide. There isn’t a wrong answer.
That’s how big this cosmos actually is

viewtopic.php?p=2668152#p2668152

Sorry James, I felt obligated to add this to my prior comment, perhaps we can get back to the question phyllo avoided about whether math being a representation of reality is in fact not reality itself, as we ponder ideas of presumed convergences

I think a grand creator is outside of my head. What I decide about it, is inside my head and my decision may be wrong. But I understand that’s how knowledge works and I accept it.

Everything that I know and believe may be wrong.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There have never been any “results” or proofs that 1 = 0.999… And there never will be. And your fantasy about math having to be thrown out is just nonsense.

Yep.

Do you have the balls to make the same statement?

I can tell you this. There are lots of beings older, wiser, and more powerful than you.

I can also tell you this… a grand creator doesn’t care whether you believe in it, it can make a perfectly consistent atheistic universe for you, co-shared perfectly consistently with creationists …

Personally… I’m an all of the above guy

What is an “atheistic universe”? Everyone there is an atheist?

It’s actually much more elegant than that!!

You can co-exist in the same exact world system and the system is internally and externally consistent for atheists and creationists… this type of precision is mind blowing!!

Bah, humbug.

Atheists think there is no creator and theists think there is a creator. The atheists are wrong if a creator made the universe. Nothing mind blowing.

I’ll add to this (sorry James)

The options are:

1.) one grand creator
2.) more than one grand creator (cocreation) but not everyone
3.) everyone created this together
4.) nobody created this

You can pick any option or any multiple options you want. I pick all 4. There is no wrong answer. I can’t stress that enough

Not that simple. It’s not an excluded middle. You don’t think a creator could create a non created cosmos and a created cosmos at the same time?

I know it sounds absurd at first… one person who believes in a creator, will see all the signs of one eventually… those who don’t will always be able to prove the other ones wrong. It’s really hard to explain unless you’ve seen it… everything constructed by perspective in something so mindowingly elegant … it’s your choice!! You cannot make a wrong choice!

Making a wrong choice is not the end of the world.

And on that, I’ll remain silent.

Perhaps we can return to whether math is reality or a representation of reality, and what this implies in terms of convergence with infinite regress

Edit: my context was the decision about creation stuff. That blanket statement outside of context is something not appropriate to discuss

Unlike some, I try to not think with my balls, thk u.