Need Some Recommendations

I think this program

is way over my head in technical difficulty. My jaw dropped at first sight of all the bells and whistles.

Can anybody recommend an easier program to manufacture original music on? Something that provides keys and drums (no plug-ins needed) and a simple user interface with a 4-8 track set-up?

If I don’t invest in a real microphone, I’ll have to lay my vocals down on my phone and upload them. A headache waiting to happen.

Okay, I hotwired my iphone earbuds with mic to my PC, now where are those recommendations people?

A possibility that I haven’t downloaded yet. Anyone familiar?

I dabbled in a small niche subset of these programs. I tried making chip music for a brief spell with a program called FamiTracker. It emulates the NES sound chip to produce authentic “chip” (8-bit) music. It has a little learning curve, but I got the hang of it.

People make stuff like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq5HS6w7oM[/youtube]

I’ve always wanted to try out one of the big name DAWs (i.e. Fruity Loops Studio, Logic Pro, Abelton Live, Renoise) but I never got around to it. They’re probably all pretty intimidating at first. If you have a Mac, I think Apple GarageBand is supposed to be beginner friendly.

What kind of music are you trying to make and what’s your OS?

I actually liked that piece way more than I expected to, but more interested in 8 track than 8-bit.

Pop, inspirational, dark industrial. I’m trying to remember how many finished lyrics/melodies I have on my digital recorder (which I can’t find yet).

Windows 10 desktop.

Will you post your stuff in a new thread I’ll start for your original ILP pieces? That thread is in my drafts, empty.

Okay, yeah, chip music trackers like FamiTracker are another world.

Cool.

Check out FL Studio, Mixcraft, and Bitwig - I don’t know if any of these are beginner programs but I’ve heard good things about them. LMMS didn’t look bad either, especially since it’s totally free.

Maybe if I can find the little things I made. The song above isn’t mine, btw, it’s what I aspired to make. I may actually get into this stuff again.

Found the recorder! Yes! :smiley: PM me when you’re ready.

Update: The UJAM studio works without any download but there is a bit of a learning curve, nothing nearly as complicated as the LMMS program though.

This project is on hold until I get a decent microphone. Anybody have a good vocal condenser microphone that isn’t expensive?

Switching gears…anyone familiar with Renata Salecl, a philosopher, sociologist and legal theorist? Her book titles sound interesting, these two in particular…(Per)Versions of Love and Hate and The Tyranny of Choice .