Group pride

Groups don’t have to have organisms in them

So why… in your opinion… are certain groups banned and not others, if hate and violence are not the reason?

Are the state not there to keep a/represent the status quo?

Do you think that most are in groups, or prefer the global umbrella of the state? I myself have no idea, but being forced to be part of any group would be against my human rights, but my not being so is probably down to not identifying with any one group… no-one is denying anyone their national pride or message, but it’s the way they go about it which is the deciding factor on how they are received.

…the will of the people/the many… not of a disparate few, so therefore offering protection from those disparate few.

Simply getting one’s message across in a palatable form is pretty much key in making that groups mandate more appealing.

The kinds of groups talked about in this thread do.

MagsJ

I’ve already offered my explanation in the OP.

But what when there is a system of indoctrination in place which teaches a certain group from a young age to adopt political ideals which are self-destructive, aka go against the interests of the group?

Can we truly and fairly say that it is their own will? Especially when a “disparate few” manage to break free from the indoctrination and point out all its flaws (though no doubt the system continues to suppress their message and vilify them).

Does a child which has been indoctrinated from early age to believe in God by every adult authority they know, in an environment where any atheist would be labeled a “mindless hater”, “heretic”, etc. and opposing views would never be seriously entertained, believe in God of its own will?

That violence is inherent in all organisms, or in all groups of them. It’s a pretty big stretch to say that.

I explained my reasoning and there weren’t any good counter-arguments so no, it’s not a big stretch at all.

Wait, so you’re telling me that your reasons, minus any good counter arguments = your position is correct?

That’s what you believe?

You’ve done nothing but assert inanities and post food pics in all my recent threads in S&G so far. Are you genuinely this stupid or are you just pretending?

My position is correct because it describes reality. I know you’ve got nothing.

The implication is that if you take an untouchable and put it in some higher class, say the warrior class, he’s going to cease to be an untouchable and become a warrior.

That means we are all born equal (blank slate) and that our shape is defined entirely by one generation of nurturing.

A dog is not a dog when it is born. It’s just nothing. Or maybe you can say “infinite potential”. Then you give it some kind of nurturing, and depending on it, it becomes something. Say a dog if it is raised by dogs. Or a human if it is raised by humans.

Everything is possible. You just have to believe in it.

Castes exist to make sure that everyone reaches their potential to the fullest. And different people have different potentials. Without castes, or with poorly established castes, you get stunted development – wasted potential. That’s what we have today.

An interesting fact is that it’s more difficult to go up than to go down. An inferior person cannot become superior within any period of time. But a superior person can quickly degenerate into an inferior one.

See, insulting me and then declaring yourself to be correct…that doesn’t actually warrant a counter argument. You get what I mean?

You’re making deductions from unconventional definitions, so its on you to demonstrate that no groups are not violent.

Are you able to understand my 3 previous sentences there? Should I slow down?

Like, all cats are dogs, Garfield is a cat, therefore Garfield is a dog.

That’s what you’re doing. Its a basic mistake.

Have you ever taken a philosophy course, or do you just read on your own?

Its like the Pythagorean theorem. High school stuff man.

If a=b and b=c, then a=c.

The “if” up there is super important.

And you know that pork chop pic was the best thing going on in that thread. Not trying to down your post or anything, but the pork chop pic was just better. Like maybe your post was a 9 out of 10, but the food just won out that time.

Wait, I just reread that thread. I think my actual assessment of the subject matter was best, then the food pics were second best, then your posts were 3rd.

That’s why you ran away. Because you couldn’t do the argument.

Shame on you autsider. I beat you in that thread while half drunk. I didn’t even remember typing most of that, and I still won.

Why didn’t you address my actual posts? Easier to just bitch about the pork chops?

That’s not how you grow intellectually man.

Some group pride is artificially created. You just take a small, miniscule difference and blow it up until they see themselves as a completely different group. This has been done so many times throughout history and over the most absurd things too.

Before European expansion and colonization, were European countries not fighting with each other? History shows that group loyalty is more ideological than racial.

Here’s a thought, maybe we aren’t blank slate. Maybe we have different abilities and that’s great. I suck at painting but I’m probably stronger than most painters, it makes for a better society.

But there’s no reason to make the ignorant leap to racism or classism. Simply being born or adopted by wealthy parents wouldn’t make you somehow better able to compete in society. Castes waste potential by forcing Einsteins to carry garbage. It’s fucking dumb as hell.

Also your use of inferior and superior are incorrect and unhelpful.

Have you ever considered that those who are black and involved in organizations to promote black welfare may be doing it out of necessity, to improve their lives and the lives of their community members, rather than out of some idiotic and perverse pride in their genetics?

Sure, some groups even among minorities are racist and would, without provocation, commit genocide. They’re all deplorable and ought be extinguished in the social arena.

I already explained why all individual organisms are violent in my Nobody is anti-violence thread, and the same reasoning that applies to individual organisms applies to groups, since they consist of individual organisms.

As for food pics some of the meat was raw from the inside, that’s gross man. Should have told them to take it back and prepare it properly.

Actually, it was more nationalistic than racial because different races didn’t interact much throughout most of history, nice try.

White nationalism (which draws the line at race) is indeed kind of a new thing, a more global-thinking ideology which recognizes that however much different white nations are from one another, we are still much more similar to each other than to Chinese, Japanese, niggers, sand-niggers, etc. and we’d do much better in the arena of global competition of we united.

Dude. I knew it. You’re one of those people who orders a steak well done. Gross. We are no longer friends. If you ordered a well done steak while dining out with me, I would not invite you again. You should be embarrassed.

Besides that, your explanation doesn’t overcome my objection. Don’t be hard headed. Put together another argument.